8.2

1. JoeB.
    Sep 3, 2006
    Bring back ESPN NFL 2K! Oh yeah that's right...EA Sports bought the rights to everything in the NFL. We only had to plunk down $20. Madden lost serious money the last year that game came out. I'm still enjoying 2K5...so you guys at EA are out $50 from this football fan. Boycott Madden!
  2. BobT.
    Aug 24, 2006
    They've repackaged the same game for the last time in my mind. This game should be called Madden 01.
  3. FedUp
    Aug 23, 2006
    It's good to see Gamespot, IGN, and 1UP are calling EA's bluff. This game is the SAME. New features? I guess. I'd call them new "gimmicks". This isn't better football, this is more distractive football. Slight of hand tricks stopped working on me in 2004. I hope someone in the video game world steps up to the challenge and says Madden you stink! You have gotten fat and It's good to see Gamespot, IGN, and 1UP are calling EA's bluff. This game is the SAME. New features? I guess. I'd call them new "gimmicks". This isn't better football, this is more distractive football. Slight of hand tricks stopped working on me in 2004. I hope someone in the video game world steps up to the challenge and says Madden you stink! You have gotten fat and complacent...it's time for the rookies to come in and revolutionalize this tired genre. Expand

Considering that many of the gameplay features are extremely mild remixes of previously included gameplay options, this year’s Madden comes across as a solid title, but one that’s starting to show its age.
  2. EA's challenge is not to simplify their simulation or stop adding detail, but to integrate those features so well that players can simply marvel at how advanced the game has become. The Superstar revisions are a step in the right direction, since they allow players to focus on the entire game one player at a time, but otherwise that's just not the case.
  3. It’s so polished and refined. For the first time ever the series incorporates some of my favorite features from "NFL Street" (such as tapping the X button to escape a tackle). That function goes way back to the days of arcade sports titles like "NFL Blitz."