6.8

1. Feb 25, 2015
    I wish they added the features from the PS3/Xbox 360 into the PS2 version. This was the last game I bought on the PS2. Still a good game to pick up and play.
  2. Nov 27, 2014
    I've played the new madden's, and I still just find myself coming back to this game. I definitely believe it is the best football video game. Blitz is the most fun, but this is the most realistic.
  3. Jul 21, 2012
    Stupid. First thing I want to say is that the madden series will never be as good as the NCAA Football series. Madden 09 is a mess full of bugs, glitches, and other annoying features. The great football play is still there but the annoying features mess it up alot.
  4. mattd
    Jan 13, 2009
    awesome game, very fun, franchise is much better than ps3 and online play is fun.
  5. NateP
    Dec 1, 2008
    For a last-gen game (and probably the last Madden on PS2), this was a very solid game. 2007 is still the best Madden ever on this platform, but I enjoyed this game a heck of a lot more than last year's version.
  6. DustinS
    Oct 29, 2008
    Nothing really new other then roster updates, and the graphics seem to be a downgrade from previous years. Actually the graphics are really quite poor...save your money and play 08 or 07 for ps2.
  7. BrandonL
    Oct 22, 2008
    This is the best NFL simulation I have ever played. I've owned and played every PS2 version of Madden since Madden 2003. Sure, some years have certainly been lacking, and this year's game isn't strikingly different than last year. All in all, though, I could not be more satisfied with this game. I spend most of my time playing online, so I can't comment too much about This is the best NFL simulation I have ever played. I've owned and played every PS2 version of Madden since Madden 2003. Sure, some years have certainly been lacking, and this year's game isn't strikingly different than last year. All in all, though, I could not be more satisfied with this game. I spend most of my time playing online, so I can't comment too much about the franchise, owner modes, etc., but the gameplay is the best I have seen. The most noticeable changes this year include: 1. The disappearance of required QB vision cones. 2. Receivers will try to keep their feet in bounds when going for a catch near the sidelines. (Makes a huge difference.) 3. You can now combine jukes and other moves. You push a series of buttons, and the player will go into the next move as soon as the previous one finishes. It's been hard being a Madden fan when it seems like they are changing the controls every year or 2, but EA has really nailed it this year. I couldn't ask for a better football game on this system. I can't tell you whether it's worth it or not for you to go out and purchase the new edition of this game, and you may not be an NFL nut like me who has to have all the latest rosters, but don't kid yourself....this is the best Madden ever to be offered for the PS2. Expand
  8. devildole
    Aug 13, 2008
    As a loyal ps2 purchaser I was overjoyed to find out they were still hooking it up for current gen. This game doesn't have a billion updates or anythin,g as it's obvious that EA has moved their attention to 360 and ps3, but everything we've been complaining about for years looks addressed. Putting in Supersim was really cool, and the first time I did a sideline catch in the As a loyal ps2 purchaser I was overjoyed to find out they were still hooking it up for current gen. This game doesn't have a billion updates or anythin,g as it's obvious that EA has moved their attention to 360 and ps3, but everything we've been complaining about for years looks addressed. Putting in Supersim was really cool, and the first time I did a sideline catch in the end zone I jumped out my chair. Thanks EA for adding some polish to the game, even if its the last version for ps2. Expand

It's not a horrible game, but it just doesn't do anything new at all, making it a watered down copy of last year's game with only mild items to keep your attention for a few minutes here and there.
  2. A solid football title that you probably don’t need to play. Make some roster adjustments to 08 (or even 07) or, better yet, make the move to next-gen consoles and start soaking in some big-time NFL atmosphere. Your $40 will thank you.
  3. Offering little in the way of new features or modes, those who already own previous Madden installments won't find much reason to purchase this otherwise great title.