7.9

1. TuomasK.
    Aug 15, 2004
    I was fooled by this game this year. Espn Football 2k5 has better graphics even on PS2 compared to MAdden Xbox version. Sad that gameplay is akward too. Glad I bought Espn Football for 2 bucks. Why the hell buy this if there is better , MUCH better game available at 20 bucks?
  2. SteveM.
    Sep 2, 2004
    This game is nothing compared to the espn series.
  3. KyleV.
    Aug 18, 2004
    The actual game play in this is quite bad. Dont expect to run the ball at all--ever. Ive also noticed that it doesnt seem to matter how skilled your players are (unless your simulating everything). your 97 overall runningback will be brought down by a 69 ranked lb every time. Your 99 WR will still be covered like glue by the 77 CB. Kind of makes the whole "getting better players" part The actual game play in this is quite bad. Dont expect to run the ball at all--ever. Ive also noticed that it doesnt seem to matter how skilled your players are (unless your simulating everything). your 97 overall runningback will be brought down by a 69 ranked lb every time. Your 99 WR will still be covered like glue by the 77 CB. Kind of makes the whole "getting better players" part really pointless. The AI is also a little skitso. . . if you mix up plays as a real football coach should, you'll get nothing. but if you find one play that the ai cant adjust to, you can run it all game long--very boring. So its the actual finding a good play rather than finding good players that gets to the winning. As far as the franchise mode is concerned its excellent. you can draft, sign, trade much better than before. I especially like how you have to do research and your not sure what youre drafting, just like in real life. you can relocate your team which is very cool. the owner portion is also very cool but that was put in place in madden 2004. If you havent tried it, borrow it or rent it first--change the game dificulty above pro (to all pro or all madden) and see if you like the game play, because without it, its just a glorified football sim. (or you could do this, buy espn 2k5 and rent madden 2005--25 bucks-- and then see for your self which has the better gameplay. Expand
  4. Batman
    Sep 7, 2004
    These stupid football games are always the same not enough new things each year they should make it a huge difference and it should have like a 4 year gap...then it might be good...NFL Street is definitely the best football game because its original and the animations are awesome.
  5. SinclairD.
    Nov 2, 2004
    This game is extremely boring, in terms of gameplay. As someone else said, don't bother trying to rush the ball against the CPU- you'll get nailed to the ground. I'm a casual player (I prefer FIFA 2005), and am put off by the difficulty of the running plays. If I play at the 'Rookie' level- I win every game easily; but at 'Pro'- I get stuffed on almost This game is extremely boring, in terms of gameplay. As someone else said, don't bother trying to rush the ball against the CPU- you'll get nailed to the ground. I'm a casual player (I prefer FIFA 2005), and am put off by the difficulty of the running plays. If I play at the 'Rookie' level- I win every game easily; but at 'Pro'- I get stuffed on almost every rush. I have to passs most of the time (If I can evade being sacked in 0.5 seconds)! What a joke of a game! Expand
  6. BryanM.
    May 17, 2007
    Joe what the hell are you talking about its now 2007 and my Madden 2004 is still working. so I have no clue what your talking about. and how is this game better then NFL 2K5?

1. It still doesn't own the grahics category, but Madden controls better with that same great pace it's known to have. [Sept 2004, p.86]
  2. [Chris]: Madden just plays better than "ESPN." There. I said it. [Bryan]: No, Chris - It plays a LOT better. And and I'm not just talking about the improved defensive play (especially in the secondary) and, with a quick tap on the new Hit Stick, the bone-jarring tackles. It's how Madden replicates the style of play of actual NFL squads. [Sept 2004, p.94]
    Sure, the series succeeds in the atmosphere department, but atmosphere is more needed for the spectators than the guys playing the game. Madden, to me, is a warm, fluffy roll without the hamburger. Yo EA, where’s the beef?