7.9

1. Nov 5, 2014
    I think this was the Madden that revolutionized the whole series. This was the year they introduced the hit stick and the actual speed made a difference. In the previous years a player with 95 speed could be caught by a player with 80 speed, not in this case. The graphics were amazing for the era of the game and the defense was the king of this game, so long as you knew how to utilize the players. I played over 500 games while this game was online and I don't think I ever got bored of it. I think most players jumped on the Patriots bandwagon or the Eagles too if I'm not mistaken. This was definitely one of the best Madden games produced. Expand

1. It still doesn't own the grahics category, but Madden controls better with that same great pace it's known to have. [Sept 2004, p.86]
  2. [Chris]: Madden just plays better than "ESPN." There. I said it. [Bryan]: No, Chris - It plays a LOT better. And and I'm not just talking about the improved defensive play (especially in the secondary) and, with a quick tap on the new Hit Stick, the bone-jarring tackles. It's how Madden replicates the style of play of actual NFL squads. [Sept 2004, p.94]
    Sure, the series succeeds in the atmosphere department, but atmosphere is more needed for the spectators than the guys playing the game. Madden, to me, is a warm, fluffy roll without the hamburger. Yo EA, where’s the beef?