5.2

1. JimmyN.
    Jul 8, 2006
    The rosters are about 40% correct. The updates do no better. Really sad that players that retired in 03' are still on some teams. Trying to update your players yourself is so time consuming I've given up. Over 175 players with fake names that to change them all be ready to set aside a month. Get with it 2K. The bugs and glitches make it difficult at times and what could have The rosters are about 40% correct. The updates do no better. Really sad that players that retired in 03' are still on some teams. Trying to update your players yourself is so time consuming I've given up. Over 175 players with fake names that to change them all be ready to set aside a month. Get with it 2K. The bugs and glitches make it difficult at times and what could have been great, now is o.k. at best. Expand
  2. KennethC.
    Apr 5, 2006
    Very poor graphics fielding views suck i dont recommend any of the major league baseball games this season.
  3. DanielOwens
    Apr 6, 2006
    to me the best overall game play controls and brodcast game out mlb 2k6 really makes you feel like you are in the game its great.. and they have the most updated line ups so you cant go worng getting mlb 2 k6 over mlb the show mlb2k6 great game
  4. CheslovJ.
    Jun 30, 2006
    The game is somewhat bland. Pitching and hitting are extremely better, while the two announcers seem to have just got out of prison. Miller and Morgan have no excitement and enthusiasm. I think the game is a bit glitchy. It freezes at random points, causing me to restart my PS2. I give it a 5 at best. It has a lot of options and gameplay modes including the never before seen GM Career The game is somewhat bland. Pitching and hitting are extremely better, while the two announcers seem to have just got out of prison. Miller and Morgan have no excitement and enthusiasm. I think the game is a bit glitchy. It freezes at random points, causing me to restart my PS2. I give it a 5 at best. It has a lot of options and gameplay modes including the never before seen GM Career mode. Overall the game is OK. My advice to you, if you like a game that is mostly strategical, buy it. But if you're a baseball fan who likes action and enthusiastic announcers don't buy it. Because if you do, you will be sorry. Expand
  5. ZackaryZ.
    Jul 2, 2006
    the side games ar very good but its the same hittingng everytime som of the calls are bull more control of hitting the ball the inside edge is great in all through when we try to boost the picthers overall he go down the gm mode is fun to play if you always wanted to be gm. the tasks are some very hard and they what you to realese your teams best player the soundtracks are good some they the side games ar very good but its the same hittingng everytime som of the calls are bull more control of hitting the ball the inside edge is great in all through when we try to boost the picthers overall he go down the gm mode is fun to play if you always wanted to be gm. the tasks are some very hard and they what you to realese your teams best player the soundtracks are good some they have some boring cheats cdes most websites dont even have game guides so im going to give it a 7 out of a possibe 10. Expand
  6. luisayala
    Apr 14, 2006
    why they mess up these games evrey year.you go to season mode then you can't play any games on the season schedule,only 4 teams you could choose thru the season and those 4 teams you choose you play.let us play any game thru out the season man,2k5 was better leave these games alone.
  7. JeremyS.
    Apr 8, 2006
    Fielding is flawed, hitting is just okay. But really like the "inside edge". Of the baseball games I've played this year (MLB 06 "The Show and NCAA BB) this is the best.
  8. JasonJ.
    May 21, 2006
    This game is nothing compared to the all star baseballs and any other good baseball game. the hitting system is frustrating and the fielding blows dong. there is also some minor glitches in graphics as you play it. i just rented and would not buy this game.
  9. FrankL.
    Jul 15, 2006
    This game is amazing!!!!
  10. MartinS.
    May 16, 2006
    The side game is very good (realistic stadium,players,audioetc...but the playing game is very poor. Hitting is more luck than total control, fielding is very slow (catching-throwing) if you do come with another baseball next year, you will have to improve this part.
  11. SteveP.
    Aug 13, 2006
    Worst baseball game I've ever played. EA's NCAA is so much better it's not even funny. The rosters in this game are wrong, the fielding is almost impossible. Hitting is a joke. The info that the announcers give is often very wrong (they even call players by the wrong name). I'm very disappointed.

1. Outside of this, through its array of innovations, Major League Baseball 2K6 blows the doors off of what you could expect from a baseball game. [Apr 2006, p.116]
    Inside Edge is the most significant addition to the game, and we hope to see scouting play a part in the genre in the future. But control problems with baserunning and fielding, along with a lack of general polish, keep 2K6 from being the great game it's trying to be.
  3. But the thing that makes this game just pretty good and not fantastic is the faulty fielding. It's not a deal breaker, but it is noticeable and at times frustrating.