7.3

1. Jan 30, 2013
    To be honest, I really was surprised by this game. I really do not care for the urban ghetto themed games, music and/or movies. Yet, this game got me to sit up and notice a cultural genre I had since been avoiding. While I do get this is just an idealized vision of the reality, it still inspired me. The gameplay was simple but also something different that I hadn't seen in other gamesTo be honest, I really was surprised by this game. I really do not care for the urban ghetto themed games, music and/or movies. Yet, this game got me to sit up and notice a cultural genre I had since been avoiding. While I do get this is just an idealized vision of the reality, it still inspired me. The gameplay was simple but also something different that I hadn't seen in other games (aside from Jet Grind Radio.) Story is rather bland and uninteresting, yet still keeps you curious. Overall: A rather bland game that is made entertaining from its creative and almost original approach. Expand
  2. JamesP.
    Mar 6, 2006
    if played it and completed it and i found the story very good and i recon that you should bring out a nover getting up game and i will defernterly play it.
  3. GrapE
    Apr 4, 2006
    This game is both original and stylish and tries to break free from the mainstream 'safe' genres. Sure, combat can get messy at times, but the tagging element is very innovative. The environments are very atmospheric and gritty and help to immerse the player in the game world. It's not without it's faults, but it should be recommended on it's originality and style alone.
  4. AnthonyG.
    Mar 1, 2007
    I gave this game a high rating because it is a very good game. The only reason I would expect others to give such a poor rating is due to the fact that their not too much interested in graffiti. I think to really enjoy this game to the full extent is too live in New York, or maybe another metropolitican city that would be compared to New York. 2 is you have to be into graffiti, and not I gave this game a high rating because it is a very good game. The only reason I would expect others to give such a poor rating is due to the fact that their not too much interested in graffiti. I think to really enjoy this game to the full extent is too live in New York, or maybe another metropolitican city that would be compared to New York. 2 is you have to be into graffiti, and not just drawing on random papers when your on the phone or whatnot, i mean really really into graffiti, you know what pink dots are and the difference between a ny fat cap and a german fat cap. This game was a very good game, not great, just very good. The only reason i gave it that high of a rating was due to the fact that I have to try and balance it out because users gave it a 6.2 Expand
  5. PalisO.
    Apr 4, 2006
    I think the reviewer who called is Jet Grind Radio without roller skates was on the mark. After playing it at a friends house, can't say that I care to buy it. When are the game makers going to realize that some famous guy's name on the box isn't a good replacement for a fun new game. Feel like I played this 3 years ago.
  6. HarryM.
    Apr 4, 2006
    Jonathan (above) is so obviously a marketing person from the game company trying to boost the ratings that i feel compelled to balance his review. Practically his who paragraph is cut and paste marketing-speak. Rent the game, and feel my disappointed.
  7. MarkK.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Some flaws but it gives a terrifying political world without spoiling gameplay. One of the most original games you'll ever play.
  8. StevieB.
    Jul 8, 2007
    This game is a beat'em-up/ stealth game there are no other games like this and it is a classic. when i first heard about this game i thought it would be crap as i hate hip-hop so i rented it insted of buying it straight away and found out that it was AWESOME!!!! went out and bought it straight after. cheesy but a good story. i have no idea why everyone is being so hard on this game. This game is a beat'em-up/ stealth game there are no other games like this and it is a classic. when i first heard about this game i thought it would be crap as i hate hip-hop so i rented it insted of buying it straight away and found out that it was AWESOME!!!! went out and bought it straight after. cheesy but a good story. i have no idea why everyone is being so hard on this game. the only thing bad about it is that enemies can be a little too hard, them robot cops can be harder than bosses. buy it or miss out!!!! Expand
  9. JonathanD.
    Mar 12, 2006
    The game strikes a nice balance between fighting and tagging. At the forefront of Getting Up you'll find not only the graffiti, but also the entire culture surrounding it. By enlisting graffiti legends such as Futura and Shepard Fairey and hip-hop artists like P. Diddy and Talib Kweli, Getting Up presents itself as an immersive experience for those new to graffiti culture. The The game strikes a nice balance between fighting and tagging. At the forefront of Getting Up you'll find not only the graffiti, but also the entire culture surrounding it. By enlisting graffiti legends such as Futura and Shepard Fairey and hip-hop artists like P. Diddy and Talib Kweli, Getting Up presents itself as an immersive experience for those new to graffiti culture. The graphics are great although the camera angles can be kind of a pain and soundtrack is awesome. During the game you keep picking up little icons that say ipod to get new songs.. So try this game out it is a amazing game. Expand
  10. MargeM.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Even for people NOT into graffiti like me this game is awesome and I highly recommend.
  11. BoatAtSea
    Feb 14, 2006
    What a poor, poor representation of graffiti. Ecko did his best to use graffiti to line his pockets, and the end result is still laughable and simply not fun to play. The game still has errors that prevent it from being enjoyable and instead force the player to concentrate on simply overlooking the glitches.
  12. TiReONE
    Feb 15, 2006
    This isn't graffiti, just a marketing ploy to try to bring an underground act into mainstream so the mtv kids can eat it up. The game is glitchy and the fighting system isnt smooth enough, mostly buttonmashing. Go buy some silver and black from walmart and hit the streets.
  13. CheaChea
    Jul 14, 2008
    Not the best graphics they can make for the game.. Need to try harder on that.. Felt as I am the one in the game so good.. needs to be more realistic.. Average dialogue.. Great story to understand going level to level and up and up.. There should be a free roam where you can tag your own tag name..Overall great game needs better graphics..

#45 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006

1. Luckily, the smooth controls guarantee that all you'll have to worry about is dribbling paint and bumbling cops.
    Frequent glitches and game engine freak-outs contribute to an overall less-than-mediocre graffiti/fighting/platforming hybrid.
    The janky camera makes combat tough during crucial moments and makes things increasingly difficult when you're racing against the clock to lay down an aerosol tag. It makes you wonder if the game would have been better off in first-person view, but on the other hand, you would lose the immersion of being Trane.