8.3

1. GeorgeL.
    Oct 26, 2008
    I originally bought this game as a marvel fan. i heard it was awesome, and i like marvel comics (though not as much as DC), and decided to try it out. I jumped on in, and the game began. After mowing down several baddies, i figured i'd get a really strong boss/subboss to fight. i got half of what i wanted. when a super villian appeared (in this case, scorpion), i fought him andI originally bought this game as a marvel fan. i heard it was awesome, and i like marvel comics (though not as much as DC), and decided to try it out. I jumped on in, and the game began. After mowing down several baddies, i figured i'd get a really strong boss/subboss to fight. i got half of what i wanted. when a super villian appeared (in this case, scorpion), i fought him and defeated him by litterally pressing the same button over and over again. You'd figure that a super villian will put up a better fight. unfortunately, most villians were like this, aside from a couple hard ones. I got bored of the game after only a few levels. Months later, my friend wanted to try it and i gave it another go, hoping it would be better later. Sadly, even playing with my friend didn't take away the atrocious gameplay and horrible boss battles that this game had to offer, and sadly, my final verdict is that this game is for die hard marvel fans only. I'd rather play Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis than this. Expand
  2. HenryMcCoy
    Jul 20, 2007
    I liked this game because the awesome graphics and that you can play as Storm, but the game is boring and too long, the story is too complex and the puzzles are too hard. i also don't like when you can play so much characters, can't they make this game with 4-5 characters?
  3. DavidS.
    Nov 1, 2006
    This should be called Ultimate Gang Beating. Not enough enemies for your team to pond on, it's always a race to get the baddie for the Exp Pts. Little to no teamwork can be done, unlike Justice League Heroes which forces you to act as a unit. Nice graphics though and the sheer number of characters is nice for replay. Team mates AI isn't that smart though usually leaving you to This should be called Ultimate Gang Beating. Not enough enemies for your team to pond on, it's always a race to get the baddie for the Exp Pts. Little to no teamwork can be done, unlike Justice League Heroes which forces you to act as a unit. Nice graphics though and the sheer number of characters is nice for replay. Team mates AI isn't that smart though usually leaving you to fight the main boss by yourself. Definitly made for multiple players. Collapse
  4. YanivA.
    Dec 2, 2006
    Best super hero game - I played it over and over and over and over.... Just the replay value is immense.
  5. LamoS.
    Apr 22, 2007
    I don't generally play games of this type, so I don't know how it stacks up against other action-rpgs, but as a Marvel fan it's a godsend. Unlocking the characters and trying out everyone's moves is fun enough to distract you from any of the flaws in the gameplay. It's also a huge step beyond the X-Men Legends games. The environments are more lively and diverse, I don't generally play games of this type, so I don't know how it stacks up against other action-rpgs, but as a Marvel fan it's a godsend. Unlocking the characters and trying out everyone's moves is fun enough to distract you from any of the flaws in the gameplay. It's also a huge step beyond the X-Men Legends games. The environments are more lively and diverse, the controls are more intuitive, and the characters are cooler and more colorful. The gameplay is repetitive of course, but so much great stuff is thrown at you so often that you don't really care. My only real gripe is with the voice acting. At first it was fun in a hokey, over-the-top way, but it gets ridiculous to the point of being annoying eventually. Still, this game is fun as hell. Expand
  6. MattH.
    Aug 13, 2007
    An exellent game ,iI love the fact that you get 20 playable characters at the start with upgradeable attacks ! A great game I would recomend this to all you marvel fans!
  7. Feb 9, 2011
    This is a game that should have failed miserably but instead you get a really deep experience, the story is complex and surprisingly deep, the gameplay is solid, and it's just a blast to play, the graphics are great, the sound is outstanding, the controls are good but you'll mostly use them for button mashing, it has an rpg like effect that succeeds in the end, all in all it's all theThis is a game that should have failed miserably but instead you get a really deep experience, the story is complex and surprisingly deep, the gameplay is solid, and it's just a blast to play, the graphics are great, the sound is outstanding, the controls are good but you'll mostly use them for button mashing, it has an rpg like effect that succeeds in the end, all in all it's all the characters and all the hidden secrets and side quests that kept me coming back for more, it has some great co-op too, if you like Marvel and there games than this is a game that will find it's way into your heart and into your collection. Expand
  8. Sep 14, 2014
    A premissa sem duvida é muito boa, reunir os principais herois da Marvel em uma unica aventura é bem legal. Mas o game tem muito em que se pode melhorar, potencial tem. Pode ser aproveitado como uma franquia no futuro.

1. Appealing to a multitude of fans, including those of Marvel, action-RPGs and multiplayer, most gamers should feel little hesitation in giving Marvel: Ultimate Alliance a try.
  2. Decent comic book effort which certainly captures the Marvel spirit. Unlikely to become as revered as the icons that star in it, though. [Christmas 2006, p.97]
  3. Ultimate Alliance may be schlocky and unrefined, but the endless Dream Team combinations of Marvel super and not-so-super heroes prove irresistible.