8.8

1. CABLE
    Mar 12, 2003
    Capcom as no chance fighting with marvel heroes.
  2. Mixah
    Mar 27, 2003
    The translation is almost perfect. there's slowdown the ruby/guile glitches have been removed (no more suki -__-) gief/colossus glitch is new (freezes game) infinites have slightly different timing.
  3. JetE.
    Jun 23, 2004
    This game is one of my favourite fighters of all time. I think it deserves to be up there with the great fighters such as Soul Caliber and Tekken.
  4. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 26, 2002
    I'm really happy I picked this up. I just wished it went online like it was supposed to.
  5. Uter
    Oct 9, 2003
    While it is a bit of a rehash (4th version of basically the same game). But it originally was, and still is a good game. I just wish they included the option to fight 1 on 1 rather than 3 on 3 all the time. All character moves are variants on Street Fighter 2 ones (right, down, right down for example). So while it's good, with just a few minor adjustments it could have been great.
  6. M.C.
    Feb 25, 2003
    I enjoyed the orignal Marvel VS Capcom on PS and now this version on PS2 is even better. Hours of entertainment.
  7. DanielR.
    Mar 13, 2003
    This game is great! Its kept old school and playstation is the perfect system to do it with. if anybody likes streetfighter or any of the old fighting games like killer instinct this is the game, it accomplishes what the game is designed to do, and does it the best.
  8. jMY
    Apr 14, 2003
    This game is the best!!!
  9. Spiderman
    Jun 15, 2006
    I have been a Street Fighter and Marvel Comics fan all my life, and the combination of the two is simply awesome. This game not only boasts superior graphics, a litany of characters and crazy combos, but also is extremely fun to play ("fun" is an understatement - it is more like addicting). I really like everything about the game, the controls, the combos and the sound. The game is I have been a Street Fighter and Marvel Comics fan all my life, and the combination of the two is simply awesome. This game not only boasts superior graphics, a litany of characters and crazy combos, but also is extremely fun to play ("fun" is an understatement - it is more like addicting). I really like everything about the game, the controls, the combos and the sound. The game is incredible and worth buying if you are a fan of Street Fighter games. Spidey is by far the best character, see if you can perform the elusive 12-hit combo!!! Expand
  10. P.T.
    Jan 8, 2008
    Awesome game, used in fighting tourney's such as EVO and I love the mix of marvel vs capcom characters. very ultra rare to get and luckily I got mine for $30 today at Gamecrazy and some places likeGamestop *cough cough* sell it for $60-80 dollars. Graphics aren't bad and who knows they should do another one of these in the future!!!
  11. Akuma
    Jan 18, 2003
    Nuff said.
  12. EvangeloP.
    Feb 12, 2003
    This is the best 2D fighting game ever!!!!!!!!
  13. CaptainCommando
    Feb 24, 2003
    This game is great! My only complaint is that the specials and Hyper specials are a bit too easy to do.

#46 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#51 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Cheat Code Central
    You will never finish the game by random button mashing. If you're not going to spend the time don't buy this game. I'm warning you right now.
  2. PSM Magazine
    Old school fans, however, will probably feel that MvC2 is a bit too hectic and find themselves hoping for an online PS2 version of "Street Fighter III" instead. [Holiday 2002, p.50]
    Although it’s essentially a port of an arcade game that’s two years old, this is one matchup that’s a pleasure to kill hours with at home.