• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Dec 7, 2004
  • Also On: PC
8.7

1. Jul 19, 2012
    I was surprised when I saw many of the bad reviews X8 got, because it's such a good game. Mega Man X8 is one of the best Mega Man games ever! I've seen many people complain over things like the voice acting, how it's not in 2D etc. Personally I think the voice acting is great, X has a couple of strange lines, but otherwise it's great, to me the voices really fit the characters. As for why it's not in 2D, do people really think Capcom would release another 2D Mega Man X game only 3 years after the last one for a console like the PS2? I really like the graphics in this game and the new character design, it looks great. The gameplay is amazing and the controls are amazing, I really like how fast-paced X8 is. The stages are awesome, the stages in X8 are a little short, but still some of the best stages in the X series. X8 is filled with cool stuff and there is a very cool easter egg in Optic Sunflowers stage. The story is slightly confusing, but atleast it has a story and it is good enough. Vile is in the game, I love Vile. Sigma in this game looks really cool, X1 style Sigma and final Sigma. And one of the things I like the most.. IT HAS CUT SCENES, WHO DOESN'T LOVE EPIC COOL ANIMATED CUT SCENES!? But as every game I've ever played, it has some things I didn't like about it. The boss battles are a little too easy, well, except for at the end of the game.. Some rare metals are freaking impossible to find without a guide. The mini boss at Gravity Antonion's stage is really annoying. X8 has some of my favorite VGM ever, Title screen, Jakob Elevator, Intermission Theme etc. but overall, the soundtrack is poor. The two fully 3D stages are annoying. But I don't care about this because overall Mega Man X8 is a fantastic game that was put a lot of effort into by the developers. If you are a Mega Man fan then you need this game, and I think any fan of platformers would enjoy this a lot too. Mega Man X8 is well worthy of a score of 9~ :3 now I'm just hoping that X9 will ever come out, because with the X8 ending you'd really expect a sequel. I really hope Capcom doesn't kill Mega Man completely.. Collapse
  2. Dec 9, 2013
    Nonsensical, unnatural and laughable story accompanied with a gameplay that looks pretty but has lost all the previous essence. Mega Man is dead unless a total reboot.
  3. Jul 19, 2012

1. Eliminates some of the annoyances of its predecessor. However, while that's all well and good, X8 can still often be an intensely frustrating game, and still isn't especially fun.
  2. And while the whole trial-and-error mechanic is enough to make you throw your controller down and never return, there's a rewarding feeling when you do finally win.
    The story's dry as a bone, but that's not what you're playing Mega Man for anyway. The only truly glaring flaw: there are some lame 3D shooter sections, and while they aren't as frustrating (or prolific) as those in X7, surmounting them will still test your patience more than your ability with a joypad.