8.7

1. DenzoN.
    Oct 2, 2002
    If you're looking for a shoot'em up game you will not find better than Metal Gear Soild 2. I have clocked it 5 times and i still haven't lost interest.
  2. TomR.
    Jan 1, 2002
    I can't see how anyone can give this game less than a 10 out of 10... it is like playing a movie. If you're looking for non-stop gameplay, go elsewhere, but this storyline, as absurd as it may be at times, thoroughly engulfs you as you become the character you're playing. Never before has this happened to me... this game is truly groundbreaking. Game of the year, 2001.
  3. Bruce
    Jan 7, 2002
    This was the best PS2 game that I have ever played, I don't care what other people say, it does NOT lack in story, and it is longer than the first, it took me 13 hours to beat.
  4. JeffB.
    Jan 7, 2002
    The graphics are cool but the game is a little to short.
  5. WhitebearS.
    Feb 10, 2002
    This is the tightest game ever, nothing will surpass this one, but I wanted to play as snake rather than raiden.
  6. DomF.
    Feb 8, 2002
    This game is incredibly deep and has a twisty and surprising storyline. This game is better than the first.
  7. RaidenRules
    Mar 31, 2002
    The loser who hates Raiden has serious probs, I think that having a new character adds a new dimention to the game, making it more intersting!!! AND most of all fun, I think it is an amazing game!!!
  8. DanL.
    May 1, 2002
    Great graphics, stunning attention to detail, and great gameplay mechanics make this (along with Halo) one of the greatest games I've played on a modern console.
  9. SolidSnakeHayter
    Jul 2, 2002
    This game rocks! Snake looks really cool and old in this game. all the graphics were really cool too. the characters were really realistic and the game was too
  10. OerriderCrash
    Oct 28, 2003
    This game is wonderful.
  11. RockmanSnake
    Aug 8, 2003
    This game is COOL!!! I enjoy getting all the dog tags and unlocking secrets, etc. Also it's fun to sneak around and hold someone at gunpoint, and you say to yourself that you won't kill him if he does what you want him to do. He does, but you kill him anyway! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  12. Chopin
    Jul 17, 2004
    The best action game ever made, and takes my pick as the second best game ever made behind Final Fantasy IX(their totally different, I know, but I have a wide range of tastes). I played this one before the first one, and came into it really biased, as I had only watched someone play the first one and thought it was stupid(I was wrong of course-the first one is great too). I had no idea The best action game ever made, and takes my pick as the second best game ever made behind Final Fantasy IX(their totally different, I know, but I have a wide range of tastes). I played this one before the first one, and came into it really biased, as I had only watched someone play the first one and thought it was stupid(I was wrong of course-the first one is great too). I had no idea how good the plot was, by looking at the back of the box I thought it was just infiltrating an oil tanker and the head boss would be like the captain or something silly......that was the worst judgement I ever made, as this games final cutscenes before the last battle are so epic, and you find out so much, everything is so cool! The biggest draw is having to play as Raiden, it would of worked if you were Snake the full game, he has similar objectives, with different boss battles and stuff. Although you wouldn't get to fight Fatman, who was the most fun boss fight and maybe the hardest. Another draw is Solidus is WAY to easy, at least on normal difficulty, after the 3 Metal Gears he seemed to easy and I only had to use one ration. The sneaking is genius, the scenes spectacular, the voice acting perfect, and the plot so good I almost think its true. Also the music is perfect, although there are only about 6 different tracks. The best scene is Snake and Otacon's handshake, one of the best moments in gaming. Genius. Buy it now, if you havent already. Expand
  13. Joe
    Oct 6, 2005
    A truly epic and unforgetable game.
  14. BenD.
    Jul 26, 2005
    The low point of the MGS trilogy, a high point in video games in general.
  15. Ryguy98Mgs4fan
    Feb 6, 2008
    I give it a 10 because there was a lot of freakin good graphics and the characters were different abillited people who has different personalities too! I hope metal gear will keep going until mgs6 ends. That's why i chose 10 for my ratings. Oh yeah also the first person view Is cool with the aiming on the aimsight.
  16. CodyB
    Jul 1, 2009
    The perfect masterpiece of the ps2, yet there are are some people that bitch & moan about how "horrible" THEY THINK the storyline is because either they don't PAY FULL ATTENTION or they're just totally mentally retarded to understand ANYTHING AT ALL. ANYBODY who rates this brilliant masterpiece a low score are inexperienced losers who just TRY to ruin gaming experiences for The perfect masterpiece of the ps2, yet there are are some people that bitch & moan about how "horrible" THEY THINK the storyline is because either they don't PAY FULL ATTENTION or they're just totally mentally retarded to understand ANYTHING AT ALL. ANYBODY who rates this brilliant masterpiece a low score are inexperienced losers who just TRY to ruin gaming experiences for other gamers because they have no lives of their own. Trust me, I am an true gamer and I know what a true masterpiece is, get this game or be like one of "them". Expand
  17. JamesR.
    Jan 20, 2002
    It's fun and easily one of the best games out.
  18. MerylS.
    Feb 19, 2002
    The best game in the World!!!
  19. MarkM.
    Feb 21, 2002
    An excellent game and unless you're some kind of twisted demented freak type monster who has been living in space for the last 2 years, you will know what I say is true.
  20. RevolverOcelot
    Feb 3, 2002
    What can I say: perfect graphics, amazing gameplay and a storyline with so many twists that if you wrote them all down, you would finish on Metal Gear Solid 7's release date! I'm glad I'm typing this out, because I'm speachless! If you don't have a PlayStation2, then buy one just for this game: it's worth the £249.98!
  21. VulcanRaven
    Mar 10, 2002
    Metal Gear 2 is the best game ever !!! If you don't agree with me u must be crazy.
  22. D.T.
    Mar 10, 2002
    A truly great game. Buy it now!
  23. ChrisdaG.
    Mar 18, 2002
    I got it the thursday before the day it came out and I finished it on extreme by the saturday. The game is great but top short, when mgs3 comes out in uk, I want it to be longer.
  24. AdamL.
    Mar 22, 2002
    I just finished it... This is surely the most amazing game ever released. Nothing compares to the amazing cut scenes, the amazing graphics, perfect gameplay, and awesome music. If you don't already have this you need it now! You will either love or hate the story, I personally loved it (Although the 1st MGS was better), but regardless of that the awesome gameplay alone should have I just finished it... This is surely the most amazing game ever released. Nothing compares to the amazing cut scenes, the amazing graphics, perfect gameplay, and awesome music. If you don't already have this you need it now! You will either love or hate the story, I personally loved it (Although the 1st MGS was better), but regardless of that the awesome gameplay alone should have you desperate for this game! Expand
  25. StewartL.
    Mar 30, 2002
    Stealth the the most revolutionary thing ever to happen to video games. Attention to detail is astounding. You can shoot ice buckets and ice will fall out! That's not all. The ice cubes in groups take longer to melt then the single ones!!
  26. MoneyMaker
    Mar 8, 2002
    I say no more...It speaks for itself.
  27. MichaelH.
    Apr 24, 2002
    One of the best games out on the PS2 contains good graphics but is too short.
  28. NicholasJ.
    May 4, 2002
    This game rules. You can throw people over banisters and break there necks. I've played this game 14 times, and I never get bored of it.
  29. CodyH.
    Oct 5, 2003
    This is one of the best games I played, I can't wait till more Metal Gear Solid games come out!
  30. DANIELL.
    May 25, 2003
    THIS GAME ROCKS.THE GRAPHICS AND EVERYTHING.WHOEVER SAYS THIS GAME SUCKS IS A SORE LOSER.
  31. AdamV.
    Jun 18, 2003
    But playing with Raiden is like Neo taking the blue pill, the joke sould have stopped at the point in the game where Vamp kills those marines!
  32. GarrethO.
    Aug 20, 2003
    Perfect just not quite as good as the origional as far as storyline goes but hell, look at it! You feel for every character, it's like a film you have the priviledge to play...god bless Kojima.
  33. Alex
    Sep 25, 2003
    Beautiful! Leaves a sweet taste after having played.
  34. MarkH.
    Nov 9, 2004
    I'm totally late on this one. whatevs. Metal Gear Solid 2, along with it's predecessor and hopefully it's successor, belong among the best games of all time. This game is beautiful, challenges the player's expectations, provides a story that is deep and challenging (to a fault at the ending,) but incredibly involving and epic, with a strong message. Metal Gear Solid 2 I'm totally late on this one. whatevs. Metal Gear Solid 2, along with it's predecessor and hopefully it's successor, belong among the best games of all time. This game is beautiful, challenges the player's expectations, provides a story that is deep and challenging (to a fault at the ending,) but incredibly involving and epic, with a strong message. Metal Gear Solid 2 is the true realization of the video game as an art form. Anybody who has ever picked up a dual shock controller absolutely needs to play this game. Expand
  35. JavierA.
    Jan 5, 2004
    How could you give a low score to this game... you got to be out of your mind. Excellent graphics, sound, control over the character is great, camera features, the story line is good and of cure it's violent, has guns and everything, that's why all games get "RATED" so parents can control and decide what their children play; even ?cartoonnetwork? has explicit violence Alicia please!!!!
  36. Jeffbighead
    Jun 10, 2004
    This game was great. The story will keep you craving for more, with the plot twists and the extreme dramatic scenes, this could be one of the most pollitically incorrect games in the gaming market today. I have played this game after playing the remake of the first one so none of the gameplay elements besides the new weapons have surprized me. I liked the first one a lot more because it This game was great. The story will keep you craving for more, with the plot twists and the extreme dramatic scenes, this could be one of the most pollitically incorrect games in the gaming market today. I have played this game after playing the remake of the first one so none of the gameplay elements besides the new weapons have surprized me. I liked the first one a lot more because it didn't leave me hanging like this one did, and I didn't have to watch some girls die just to save their children. I also liked the first one more because they didn't introduce all the patriot stuff and mess up all the government crap like they did in this one. Plus I was looking forward to seeing solid Snake kick some ass again! But instead we were left with Raiden and his dumbass girlfriend. Expand
  37. BastardCerature
    Oct 8, 2006
    Erm, this is a pretty neccesary part in the MGS story line? You like Solid Snake? Play this damn game, because, well, you can play as him for a while, and he is in most of it! And we all know you cannot find Solid Snake anywhere else...other than some kind of Metal Gear game, which, there ins't many of, so, yeah, play this game, dumbass.

I mean, MGS is not a sitcom, its would be

I mean, MGS is not a sitcom, its would be like refusing to watch one episode of "Three's Company", thats okay, there is a billion of them, but saying you hate this game, and are not going to play it, is like saying "Well damn, I don't think I'll watch Empire Strikes Back "BECUZ IT OMGZZ GHEY!!!11", oh, hey, waht the hell happened here? Where is han solo? Why are the robots in a desert? WTF?"
  38. BenM.
    Jun 27, 2006
    Best. game. ever.
  39. ChrisZ.
    Jan 1, 2007
    Metal Gear's story line stands out as the top daddy in video games next to Warcraft.
  40. CameronC.
    Apr 20, 2007
    This game is crazy. The story keeps changing. Just when you think you have it sussed they throw you back into the deep end. Nice graphics too.
  41. AlexB.
    Jul 1, 2007
    A truly brilliant game. Hideo Kojima is an exceptional artist, and via technical wizardry brings to life an exciting, complex, and interesting story, rife with plot twists and unique characters. The controls may take a short learning curve, but they eventually become second nature and any obtuseness just adds to the difficulty factor that keeps you on the edge of your seat. As many A truly brilliant game. Hideo Kojima is an exceptional artist, and via technical wizardry brings to life an exciting, complex, and interesting story, rife with plot twists and unique characters. The controls may take a short learning curve, but they eventually become second nature and any obtuseness just adds to the difficulty factor that keeps you on the edge of your seat. As many reviews note, if you're a fan of videogames and own a PS2, there is no reason not to play this game. Expand
  42. MGSForever
    Aug 10, 2008
    This game is what i consider sheer perfection. True its storyline can become convoluted at sometimes, but if you ignore that then get ready to be immersed in one of the best games money can buy. I swear, this game changed my stance on video games.
  43. ChrisH.
    Nov 16, 2001
    I loved the other Metal Gears and I love this one. Definitely game of the year.
  44. JamesK.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is the best Metal Gear game yet. The game play and the new movements it give you are amazing. All of the Metal Gear games keep building off each other. And it is nice that you get another character to control.
  45. JohnP.
    Nov 2, 2002
    Great.
  46. MikeW.
    Jan 30, 2002
    Really great game with great graphics.
  47. AlexanderJ.
    Feb 12, 2002
    Very nice game.
  48. MarkP.
    Feb 12, 2002
    This game is awesomely the best game I've played. When I had my PS2. I rented it, it was the first game that was played on my PS2!!! Now I'm going to get this game and play it a lot of times!!! Great graphics, environments, etc. The new main theme song for MGS2 makes me feel I am part of the game!!! All the graphics here psyched me out!!! I rate this game 10!!! No wait! Way This game is awesomely the best game I've played. When I had my PS2. I rented it, it was the first game that was played on my PS2!!! Now I'm going to get this game and play it a lot of times!!! Great graphics, environments, etc. The new main theme song for MGS2 makes me feel I am part of the game!!! All the graphics here psyched me out!!! I rate this game 10!!! No wait! Way beyond than 10!!! Expand
  49. AdrianoG.
    Feb 17, 2002
    I've waited for MGS2 to come out for about 2 years. I say its the best VideoGame ever for any VideoGame System. The graphics, movies, sound effect, music, etc.. is the best of all times. I recommend this game for all the Action and PS(2) lovers.
  50. SolidSnake
    Feb 21, 2002
    This game is way better than the first, but raiden sucks.
  51. ShlimVahT.
    Feb 7, 2002
    This is simply the best game for the PS2. Saying its the best game eva is pushing at coz of XBox's Halo.
  52. JoaoR.
    Mar 19, 2002
    Just Perfect. Best graphics I've seen in a game of this genre, the music is perfect, the gameplay is perfect, the story, all is perfect!
  53. RussellC.
    Mar 23, 2002
    To counter the bad points mentioned by others -- the game takes 10 to 15 hours to complete on the normal setting. This may only be a week's worth of playing, but the game gives great incentive to play it again. Each time you complete it, you are given a new item to work with at the start of a new game. You can also improve your playing time, or try a different strategy. I don't To counter the bad points mentioned by others -- the game takes 10 to 15 hours to complete on the normal setting. This may only be a week's worth of playing, but the game gives great incentive to play it again. Each time you complete it, you are given a new item to work with at the start of a new game. You can also improve your playing time, or try a different strategy. I don't think Raiden is a bad character. He has some smart moves on him, such as that cartwheel move, and he allows you to see Snake from a different perspective. His involvement in the story is also very well structured. I do admit though that Mei Ling is better tham Rose - she is soooo annoying! This is truly a unique game and is surpassed by no others. If you own a PS2, then BUY this game now! Expand
  54. LukeT.
    Mar 31, 2002
    The only controversial thing is the storyline. But I loved it. And how were they gonna improve on the first storyline anyway?? Also, playing as Raiden gave me a much greater appreciation as to how good Snake really is.
  55. LeeM.
    Mar 8, 2002
    I've just bought this game today and I'm hooked on to it. And anyone who doesn't buy this game needs to get their brains checked
  56. SeanL.
    Apr 2, 2002
    It is the best game on PS2 and no other game can beat it. It totally rocks all round!!!
  57. JeffT.
    Apr 7, 2002
    This is the best action game ever. If there were one thing they could have done, they should have made the player able to play the game with both players (the plant, the tanker).
  58. AmyD.
    May 18, 2002
    Most interesting and entertaining game Konami has ever made!!!!
  59. LilWicca
    May 5, 2002
    MGS will rule 4 eva!! 1 and 2. Too short though, only took me 3 and a half hours but still rules!! I think storyline got a bit out of hand, but at least not every boss u killed had a sob story like in the 1st one. That really bugged me!! Can't wait 4 the next one, snake will always rule over any character though!!!!!
  60. BobC.
    Jul 9, 2002
    The plot is really bad but the gameplay makes up for it. This is one of the best video games I have ever played next to Dragonball GT Grand Champions.
  61. Hitomi
    Aug 2, 2002
    The game on european extreme mode is great but i am disappointed about the lack of solid snake and raiden lookes like a girl. the only thing i wish was different is that you could get a metal gear ray free with the game. lol!!!(laugh out loud)
  62. EricC.
    Sep 27, 2002
    Let me just clear this part up. Graphics, sound, A.I., control, music, voice acting, framerate, and any other technical aspect of this game is flawless, without a doubt. Now for the story: Not many action games can come up with a story this unique and interesting. The fact that Hideo Kojima took everyone's expectations of the game and shocked the brains out of our heads, with Raiden, Let me just clear this part up. Graphics, sound, A.I., control, music, voice acting, framerate, and any other technical aspect of this game is flawless, without a doubt. Now for the story: Not many action games can come up with a story this unique and interesting. The fact that Hideo Kojima took everyone's expectations of the game and shocked the brains out of our heads, with Raiden, the plot twists, and other elements that could ruin the plot for one who reads this, is amazing. I will say that Raiden and Rosemary's lovey-dovey, codec talking relationship should have been cut out. But Raiden was a fairly decent character in every other part than those (nowhere near being Snake, though). I can't criticize the double-crosses in this game because, just like the plot twists in the first Metal Gear Solid, not a single one was done badly to the point of absurdity. After beating the game a few times, I now completely understand the whole story, and it is downright fantastic. If a gamer looking for only action and no story played this game, of course they'll hate it. But if you're a video game lover and enjoy a great story, Metal Gear Solid 2 is the perfect sequel to one of the greatest games ever made. Expand
  63. joshuaviper10000
    Dec 21, 2003
    I see for most gamers (except for a few ill-thought players who don't recognize gaming as art now, not just fun, but both together and can't take the plot seriously, didn't understand it, or didn't feel like waiting through the movie scenes; and lets not forget the ones too, that gave the game a 10 just because it was amusement for their feeble minds [that was only for I see for most gamers (except for a few ill-thought players who don't recognize gaming as art now, not just fun, but both together and can't take the plot seriously, didn't understand it, or didn't feel like waiting through the movie scenes; and lets not forget the ones too, that gave the game a 10 just because it was amusement for their feeble minds [that was only for a select 2 people{hint:OCB} on this page]) that this cinematic action/shooter was understood in most respects. Hideo Kojima pushes the gaming envelope by using extended cinematic scenes to create an unsurpassed level of suspense. MGS2 takes the plot of MGS1 and manipulates it to mean something different. And up to the last hour of play seems like the Playstation title. Then uses irony to create a different central idea revolving around the digital age. I don't want to reveal any of the games meaning or surprises so I'll quit giving everything away and move to other subjects. The graphics are far above any PS2 titles of 2001 and textures unmatched by any standards. You become the character or so it feels considering how efficient the controls are. Physics are remarkable. And for the musical composer, I salute you Harry Gregson-Williams. By far this is the best game I've ever played and beat; and I've played and beat alot of games. Don't hate me for this, but this game is better than Halo(but not in multiplayer mainly because their is no multiplayer). I give this game a 12 out of 10. PS: Alicia D., this game actually teaches people not to kill but sneak around them or stun them, and if you do kill it's for a good reason(like saving the President or yourself). PSS: Halo's AWESOME! Expand
  64. jjjojo
    Dec 26, 2003
    This game is perfect even better than the first one it has good moves controls and everything else.
  65. MarkL.
    Feb 13, 2003
    Metal gear is amazing should keep em coming.
  66. BenNewbery
    Mar 17, 2003
    I've never given a game a 10, but this deserves an 11. I ain't gonna bore everyone with the depth of the game but i'll say one thing BUY IT, i trust u will not be dissapointed, if u r i'll give u ur money back! THE STORY LINE IS AMAZING, IT CLINGS ON TO UR ATTENTION AND DOESN'T LET GO UNTIL U FALL ASLEEP WITH FROM UR EYES POPPING OUT, U'LL LOVE MORE THAN I LOVE ?????
  67. PatrickS.
    Apr 26, 2003
    This game is the bomb it's so cool i like killing people in the game and kicking there butts well oi gave it a 10 as u can see cause it deserves the best cause it is the best!!!!
  68. Mr_soliduss
    Mar 10, 2004
    This game is incredible. Its cool, fun, exciting, and really deserves to be respected by the gamers around the world. the story in this game is great: you wont find not one game with such incredible story an such charismatic characters. The graphics is incredible: the edge of PS2. And for the music,we should all bound to Harry Gregson Williams, the best composer. for those who spit onThis game is incredible. Its cool, fun, exciting, and really deserves to be respected by the gamers around the world. the story in this game is great: you wont find not one game with such incredible story an such charismatic characters. The graphics is incredible: the edge of PS2. And for the music,we should all bound to Harry Gregson Williams, the best composer. for those who spit on Raiden, Kojima put him in only because He wanted people to look snake differently from another view. Kojima tried to evolute video games, and we just cant say he didnt. pure 10!!! Expand
  69. Mr_soliduss
    Mar 10, 2004
  70. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Greatest game ever. The story rules and I can't wait for MGS3: Snake Eater!!!
  71. KelcieB.
    Apr 7, 2004
    If you have not played this game u need to.
  72. SteveW.
    Jun 14, 2004
    This Game Is Awsome Its Hard To Note Something That Hasnt Already Been Said But My Fave Part Is The Protect E.E Pipe Bit Or As I Call It... Not So Clay Pigeon Shooting Hehe Quality Game!
  73. JakeP.
    May 30, 2005
    This is one of my favorite games of all time. I am usually a picky reviewer, but this game is so amazing. The game is great, and you MUST watch the cutscenes. They are so freaking amazing. This game MUST become a movie. I'm telling you now to buy this game.
  74. EhabA.
    Sep 13, 2005
    Metal Gear games will always be the best and Metal Gear Solid 2 is also so cool even if Raiden took Snakes place but with Snake off course the gameplay will be even better.
  75. AdamskaE.
    Oct 29, 2006
    One of the greatest. Superb game play. Excellent graphics. Amazing soundtrack. Genius story.
  76. TonyD.
    Jan 31, 2006
    still probably the best game ive palyed even though one of my first PS2 games. Top draw.
  77. BigB0SS
    Feb 11, 2006
    Sons of Liberty is a great game. I think this game didn't do so hot (although it sold many copies) with fans because of the whole Raiden character and the unusual ending plot. However, I look at this game as being a masterpiece. The graphics at the time were outstanding - the best you could find on a console at that time. The extra playability functions (ex. shooting in first person, Sons of Liberty is a great game. I think this game didn't do so hot (although it sold many copies) with fans because of the whole Raiden character and the unusual ending plot. However, I look at this game as being a masterpiece. The graphics at the time were outstanding - the best you could find on a console at that time. The extra playability functions (ex. shooting in first person, hanging from ledges) really added a lot to the gameplay. The music - which was done by Harry Gregson really added to the game experience. I look at the plot as being one of those unique "Sundance" or "IFC" movie plots - strange but artistic. I also know that there are secret societies that exist in reality (however, not to the extent of the Patriots). But from a fictional stand point, it's very buyable. Great game... if you haven't played it, go rent or buy the Substance version. Expand
  78. SeanS.
    Jul 13, 2006
    The game is perfect, controls, gameplay and cinema. Most people give up on the story line. The story is what pushes the game along. Some say absurd and pure nonsense, but thats the point of video games, indulge in a world of fantasy...well told fantasy.
  79. AndrewC.
    Jan 10, 2007
    I had doubts as to how good this game would really be. Then I played it. And played it. And played it. The story is intense and deep (don't think that everything is as it seems...) and the gameplay is immersive and wonderful. MGS2 is also the least violent of all MGS games, as there is only one excessively bloody scene that comes to mind (the first scene with Vamp early on) andI had doubts as to how good this game would really be. Then I played it. And played it. And played it. The story is intense and deep (don't think that everything is as it seems...) and the gameplay is immersive and wonderful. MGS2 is also the least violent of all MGS games, as there is only one excessively bloody scene that comes to mind (the first scene with Vamp early on) and minimal gore, if any. Do yourself a big favor: if you own a PS2, get this game. It'll only run you $5 or so. Expand
  80. AbrahamD.
    Dec 4, 2007
    A great sequel.
  81. DavidK.
    Mar 29, 2007
    This is an amazing game. Raiden does not make this game worse. He makes it better.
  82. AnonymousMC
    Jul 15, 2008
    Everithing is great, except for that new guy.Raiden basically is a damn n00b, he doesn't assimilate things, it's all the time "how?" "why?" "what?".Seriously, if FOXHOUND was real, i would ask myself 5000 times : "How the hell that guy entered FOXHOUND?His brain must be of the size of a peanut, and that f***ing gay hair of his...I mean, no offense, but he look like one of theEverithing is great, except for that new guy.Raiden basically is a damn n00b, he doesn't assimilate things, it's all the time "how?" "why?" "what?".Seriously, if FOXHOUND was real, i would ask myself 5000 times : "How the hell that guy entered FOXHOUND?His brain must be of the size of a peanut, and that f***ing gay hair of his...I mean, no offense, but he look like one of the Jonas Brothers in the middle of a covert operation." Can you imagine how that would be??? Expand
  83. JonathanL.
    Jul 9, 2008
    One of the most stellar games of all time. The Metal Gear Solid series is the first action game to really integrate a deep and intricate plot. The graphics and audio of MGS2 were revolutionary for their time and the characters were intriguing while the gameplay was enjoyable. One of the best games on any console.
  84. ivanm.
    Nov 15, 2009
    i fail to see what's wrong with this new character Raiden.He's ok with me.I hate to see how many people are bias against him.
  85. Subliminal42
    May 23, 2009
    If you're here to decide on whether to buy this game i urge you, to NOT look at these comments, most of them are garbage. Metal Gear Solid 2 is UNDOUBTEDLY an improvement on Metal Gear Solid 1, it is a very story driven game, combining a conspiracy/sci-fi esque story with the players first chance to 'step back' and take a look at the metal gear series, find out who snake If you're here to decide on whether to buy this game i urge you, to NOT look at these comments, most of them are garbage. Metal Gear Solid 2 is UNDOUBTEDLY an improvement on Metal Gear Solid 1, it is a very story driven game, combining a conspiracy/sci-fi esque story with the players first chance to 'step back' and take a look at the metal gear series, find out who snake really is, what drives him. This is reason enough to play as raiden. Oh, and raiden has NO difference in gameplay style, he has the exact same moves as snake, and even more! For someone who is a fan of the series this is a must buy. if you disagree with Kojima's choice to integrate raiden into the story then I think you cant really call yourself a fan of the series. Raiden is here, and hes not leaving anytime soon. Expand
  86. jonathonc
    Jul 11, 2009
    an inredible game just all out grea.t if you want a stupid story bad gameplay horrible graphics go get spinter cell if you want the opposite get this game you will be blown away
  87. CarlL
    Jul 13, 2009
    The gameplay is amazing, the plot is a little confusing. But play the next two games, then play MGS2 again and you'll realize why it was like that, they had to set it up for the future games. Look at how many times Raiden says The Sorrow and The Joy together. It's dropping hints like mad!
  88. MikeN.
    Nov 16, 2001
    I find myself rolling my eyes at some of the over-the-top story elements, and cheesy dialog...but apart from that minor gripe, it's a must have!
  89. BugmanZ.
    Dec 31, 2001
    This is the definitely the game of the year! Great gameplay, great sound, very original ideas and as for the story, I think its great. It has many twists and turns and keeps you guessing till the end. Some people may not like it probably because their brain is too weak to understand it. I've never seen such a great and unique story. This is definitely one of the best game I've This is the definitely the game of the year! Great gameplay, great sound, very original ideas and as for the story, I think its great. It has many twists and turns and keeps you guessing till the end. Some people may not like it probably because their brain is too weak to understand it. I've never seen such a great and unique story. This is definitely one of the best game I've ever played. Expand
  90. ChrisR.
    Dec 31, 2001
    This game is perhaps one of the games that will never ever be forgotten as time goes by, some say the story is over the top? So what its a game, and I believe the story is amazing, at many points it left me messed up and i loved it, awesome game, get it NOW!
  91. MasonL.
    Dec 30, 2001
    This game has the best storyline of all the PS2 games so far.
  92. ThomasL.
    Feb 24, 2002
    Man, it's just the best game ever made on earth!!!!
  93. FROyasmin
    Mar 19, 2002
    This is the best game I have ever played on Playstation 2. If you don't have it go rent it, and if you like it go buy it!
  94. Omar
    Mar 19, 2002
    Best game on Playstation 2. Hideo Kojima is a genius. MGS2 is a classic.
  95. JordanT.
    Jun 12, 2002
    One of the greatest games ever made. Awesome Graphics, Gameplay, and Storyline. Give you hours of fun.
  96. PhoebeR.
    Jun 21, 2003
    AMAZING!
  97. Raidensolid
    Oct 21, 2004
    I thought it was the best metal gear they have came out with in that year. actualy it is wut inspired me to be a game desinger. i hope there is more to come in the metal gear saga.
  98. AlbertoC.
    Mar 12, 2004
    Greatest Ever Made. Everything is just perfect, the story,graphics,gameplay,voice-work,soundtrack and characters. What classics are made of.
  99. KevinS.
    Mar 13, 2004
    I think that MGS2 is the best action game ever made on PS2. When I got it I played it for a good hour.I had the game for a year.
  100. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Greatest game ever. The story rules and I can't wait for MGS3: Snake Eater!!!
  101. Aug 19, 2013
    This is the first MGS I"ve ever played ,(I never had a PS1 growing up), so I played it with an un bias outlook. So how does hold up? It holds up very well. The stealth mechanic is very engaging and every detail added, whether it's the AI or the easter eggs, adds a great deal of atmosphere. It does suffer from terrible writing, such as forced exposition, overdrawn cutscenes, and lacklusterThis is the first MGS I"ve ever played ,(I never had a PS1 growing up), so I played it with an un bias outlook. So how does hold up? It holds up very well. The stealth mechanic is very engaging and every detail added, whether it's the AI or the easter eggs, adds a great deal of atmosphere. It does suffer from terrible writing, such as forced exposition, overdrawn cutscenes, and lackluster characters. Sons of Liberty is a well done game and worth playing if its your first MGS game, because playing it after MGS will probably anger you to no end. Collapse

1. The environments are amazing, when on the deck of the tank the rain effects are extremely lifelike, along with rain drops hitting the ship and characters.
  2. As stunning and enjoyable as ever. You may feel foolish gripping the controller throughout a 40-minute cut scene, but MGS2 is something which must be experienced.
    MGS2 suffers in its story. I can't spoil it for you, but I can at least warn you to be prepared for a plot that frequently reaches levels of sheer absurdity.