9.3

Mar 10, 2006
    Awesome game!
  2. Beagrie
    Oct 6, 2006
    The game is amazing, packed with extras and bonus missions, the ame has reached a new high, all the metal gear solid games are top notch and deserve respect!
  3. RobertoL.
    Mar 10, 2006
    MGS is the ultimate videogame that everyone can enjoy. With varying difficulties, gorgeous graphics and one of the best videogame stories ever, this game is a must have for everyone with a pulse.
  4. KromsSomething
    Mar 5, 2008
    One of the best games ever made; the story melds perfectly with the gameplay. Metal Gear Solid 3 is one game you'll enter as one person and leave as another. All the satisfaction you'll ever need.
  5. MUIZZI
    Mar 14, 2006
    EXCELLENTE!
  6. AndyG.
    Mar 21, 2006
    even if you don't play many games or you aren't that big a metal gear fan, there's simply no reason not to own this. awesome game to begin with, endless bonus features, online mode, and at $30? please. if you don't buy this, then sell your ps2.
  7. MartinM.
    Mar 23, 2006
    I strongly disagree with Zippy. This game has almost unlimited replay value due to the online. The PS2 online system is stable (no trouble online with this game), what I think you want is a unififed system (XBox).
  8. StickymanM.
    Mar 27, 2006
    The Metal Gear series just keeps getting better and better. Even the cheats and extras you don't bother with are far and above anything else out there. I can't get enouth Metal Gear.
  9. RobertW.
    Jun 6, 2006
    If you have not played the original version of MGS3: Snake Eater, you absolutely need to get Subsistence immediately.
  10. JohnnyX.
    Jul 21, 2006
    this is hands down one of the best games i'vever played online and off. this game is highly rewarding to play through more than once. more than the others were in fact. i have to comment on a 1 given to this game by a reviewer... how is MGS3 a rip-off?? it's the backbone to the entire series and is still made by the same guy (hideo kojima). the fact of you actually playing the this is hands down one of the best games i'vever played online and off. this game is highly rewarding to play through more than once. more than the others were in fact. i have to comment on a 1 given to this game by a reviewer... how is MGS3 a rip-off?? it's the backbone to the entire series and is still made by the same guy (hideo kojima). the fact of you actually playing the role of big boss in this one is totally amazing. considering all you've seen of him in previous games is drawings in manuals and 8-bit renderings of him (see mg1). oh yeah, and all the bonus features are totally cool. it's fun to see how long it takes you to beat the bosses in duel mode, mg1and 2 are still a lot of fun to play and have a really good story, one i missed since i played mg1 on the NES when i was 7. Expand
  11. RobinS.
    Jan 2, 2007
    Truly the best Metal Gear... a bit hard without the radar but who cares if you got an overwhelming story that explains most of the gaps of the 1st and 2nd game.
  12. Mithyus
    Mar 25, 2007
    It boils down to the fact that MGS3 is like nothing else in gaming world, mixing great gameplay, graphic and sound elements to a majestic way of storytelling. Absolutely, ultimately brilliant.
  13. PaulJ.
    May 29, 2007
    Together with Snake Eater the best game ever created for the sixth generation consoles.
  14. anthonyL
    May 27, 2009
    A masterpiece that will be remembered with God of War as the greatest games on the ps2. Intense moments and highly climactic sequences like the end sequence with EVA, make this experience hard to forget. well designed bosses (especially "the End") and solid jungle sneaking are also great. A great story, with less cutscenes than MGS2. Good to see that even by cutting alot of story it still A masterpiece that will be remembered with God of War as the greatest games on the ps2. Intense moments and highly climactic sequences like the end sequence with EVA, make this experience hard to forget. well designed bosses (especially "the End") and solid jungle sneaking are also great. A great story, with less cutscenes than MGS2. Good to see that even by cutting alot of story it still comes across impressive. This edition is also far superior to the snake eater edition. Expand
  15. DavidL.
    Mar 13, 2006
    Gaming euphoria.
  16. MichaelN.
    Mar 14, 2006
    Fantastic game that deserves maximum scores, honestly. The addition of the online mode is perhaps, one of the greatest additions to the Metal Gear franchise ever since it hit the Playstation.
  17. SamD.
    Mar 24, 2006
    The game was amazing to begin with, and now all this extra content and new gameplay functionality, not to mention the online play. The multiplayer, though it take a bit to get used to, is one of the quickest, coolest, most chaotic games in a long time. This has restored my faith in online gaming and has precluded me renewing XBL this year. A definate must buy, though, even if you The game was amazing to begin with, and now all this extra content and new gameplay functionality, not to mention the online play. The multiplayer, though it take a bit to get used to, is one of the quickest, coolest, most chaotic games in a long time. This has restored my faith in online gaming and has precluded me renewing XBL this year. A definate must buy, though, even if you don't play online. You get MG and MG2 for the MSX!! A crazy, dramatic, fun, funny, and long running series just got better. Expand
  18. Weston
    Dec 22, 2006
    Best MGS game in the series, and that says a lot. With the excellent Snake Eater as its premise, and tons of extras, this is one of the best PS2 games ever.
  19. Sep 4, 2010
    (10.0)
    Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence est le meilleur épisode de la saga Metal Gear. Il est le jeu parfait de par ses graphismes, sa musique ou encore de par son style !
  20. Oct 18, 2010
    This is Kojima's magnum opus. The gameplay is near-flawless, and the story is only second to the first "Solid" game in terms of sheer quality; it truly causes you to care about some of the characters and relationships found here. And no other game I have ever played hits you with the same emotional sledgehammer presented by the end of this game (don't worry; no spoilers here). The BossThis is Kojima's magnum opus. The gameplay is near-flawless, and the story is only second to the first "Solid" game in terms of sheer quality; it truly causes you to care about some of the characters and relationships found here. And no other game I have ever played hits you with the same emotional sledgehammer presented by the end of this game (don't worry; no spoilers here). The Boss Battles are, at the end of the day, the best in the series, and stealth has never felt as good as it does here. The over-the-shoulder camera feels so natural that you'll find yourself getting angry that the first two games (and the first version of this game) don't have it. This game is also the most willfully goofy Metal Gear game (which, as any Metal Gear fan knows, is a good thing), and the plot is much more streamlined compared with its immediate predecessor. All in all, this was arguably the best game of the last generation, and it unquestionably ranks among the finest games ever made. Expand
  21. Jun 13, 2011
    An excellent enhancement of an already fantastic game that's worth every penny, even to date. Pros: Improved camera system; additional online play; excellent graphics and audio; involving storyline; classic Metal Gear games; lots of bonus material and replay value. Cons: The controls are still quirky; online play takes time to adjust to.
  22. Sep 24, 2011
    This game is just a masterpiece, one of the best written and in depth told stories in the history of video games. For the ones who played the previous Metal Gear Solid games, this game actually serves as the prequel of the entire series taking place in the year 1964 where you take on the role of Snake not Solid Snake, Naked Snake aka the Big Boss from the original Metal gear games. ThisThis game is just a masterpiece, one of the best written and in depth told stories in the history of video games. For the ones who played the previous Metal Gear Solid games, this game actually serves as the prequel of the entire series taking place in the year 1964 where you take on the role of Snake not Solid Snake, Naked Snake aka the Big Boss from the original Metal gear games. This game's story leads to the events that take place in the future metal gear solid games. The forest and desert like environments are a great addition, this allows the player to find many more places to hide and avoid enemies and use different stealth tactics unlike the predecessors where you had to come up with a stealth plan in narrow and indoor areas. The indoors areas are still in this game, however they are a lot easier to go through by using the scientist costume speaking of costumes this game gives you the camo and face paint system where you can dress yourself according to the environment to reduce chances of enemy detection. The enemiesx are also more intelligent and will detect you if you run behind them to take them down, thats why this game allows you to slowly walk behind the enemies and take them out. On top of that there are alot of different ways to take down enemies, shooting them with your Mk22 gun which will put them to sleep, taking them down from the CQC, slitting their throat or the old fashioned way shooting them all with a big and powerful gun. It is not essential that you use the stealth stratedy to go through this game you can just go out there and kill everyone in sight as there are a lot of powerful weapons in the game that will help you take down large number of enemies, however using this stratedy can also be alot more difficult than stealth. The game's boss fights are also epic and each fight is unique in its own way, on top of that you can use different strategies to take down bosses you can take them down by either depleting their health and depleting their stamina however the way you kill the bosses would not change the actual story or any of the cutscenes, the bosses will just drop you their camoufloges with their own special abilities if you stamina kill them. The game's controls however can be tedious and complicated at time since they are pressure sensitive but you will get used to them. The game's graphics are fantastic for the ps2 this is quite possibly one of the best looking ps2 games ever, the environments are beautiful and the character models and animations look fantastic, however sometimes In have seen the grass and trees become somewhat invisible and there is lip syching but that kind of makes sense as the characters are speaking a different language but the game is translating it for you. Voice acting is also fantastic and realistic. The voice actors are deep into their characters and this adds alot of emotion and drama to the entire story of the game. The music and songs are all excellent and suit the nature and environment of the game and certain situations. On top of that the opening and ending songs are quite possibly the best I have heard in any video game. The game is also really long around 15 hours and has alot of replay value. Subsistence unlike Snake Eater has alot of extras, first of for starters it has 2 discs, the first disc has the exact same game from snake eater but with a third person 3D camera angle and the cutscenes from the entire game and ti can take up to 4 hours to view them all, and the cutscenes are still so epic that it will be like you are watching an amazing movie. The second disc has all the extras, Snake vs Monkey returns from Snake Eater, along with that the game has the original Metal Gear games Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 with somewhat improved graphics and pace from their original version they are a great addition and allows the people who have never played the original Metal Gears to play them and enjoy them. Despite their age the games are still very fun. The second disc also has a mode which allows you to play the game's epic boss battles, and play them as many times as you can to get as much of a perfect score as possible. Than there is the online mode which is sadly not working anymore as the networks are just down that may be because the ps2 era is just near its end but no online doesn't bother me that much as the game still has enough content to keep me exited and entertained. Overall this game is a masterpiece anybody who is a fan of Metal Gear Solid or anyone who likes storytelling in games, likes stealth and tactical espionage games should get this game. Trust me it is worth every penny. 10/10. Expand
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm a hardcore gamer, i've played HUNDREDS and hundreds of games, and metal gear solid 3 is on the top of my list. Everything about this game is amazing, from the characters, to the story, to the gameplay, which is nothing new for the series. If you think of yourself as a real, or more hardcore gamer, you definitely need to play this game, as its honestly one of the best i've ever played.
  24. Jan 16, 2012
    For me The Greatest game ever, even including games from new consoles. That powerful story and gameplay in Snake Eater it is like something which could not be compared to another game.
  25. Mar 22, 2012
    Creative bosses, genuine 60s spy plot, and ingenious gameplay. The importance of the environment and your interaction with it (camouflage, caught/killed animals and plants as food, noise and sight detection by enemies, etc), along with an update to gameplay (via CQC and camera movement) and one of the best bosses in video game history, not only makes this game one of the best on PS2, butCreative bosses, genuine 60s spy plot, and ingenious gameplay. The importance of the environment and your interaction with it (camouflage, caught/killed animals and plants as food, noise and sight detection by enemies, etc), along with an update to gameplay (via CQC and camera movement) and one of the best bosses in video game history, not only makes this game one of the best on PS2, but one of the most important. Expand
  26. Jun 18, 2012
    To try to describe all the things I love about Metal Gear Solid 3 would not fit adequately in 5000 characters. I will instead describe with example. I have now played the game at least 15 times through, half of those without skipping cut-scenes (a MAJOR achievement). I got the HD collection, the original and the hd collection for vita. And I have finished it on Foxhound. Which trulyTo try to describe all the things I love about Metal Gear Solid 3 would not fit adequately in 5000 characters. I will instead describe with example. I have now played the game at least 15 times through, half of those without skipping cut-scenes (a MAJOR achievement). I got the HD collection, the original and the hd collection for vita. And I have finished it on Foxhound. Which truly reduced me to tears. And every time I see the credits I max the volume and salute the whole way through. If you haven't already on ps2, or 3ds, or ps3, or psvita, play it NOW. Expand
  27. Jul 5, 2013
    The absolute best Metal Gear game around. The Bosses are all awesome, the graphics are great, the music is intense, and the gameplay is solid (pun intended). The story of MGS3 is amazing, too. It perfectly depicts the back story of the entire Metal Gear series, leading you through the Cold War era in a believable and interesting way. Really, the only minor flaw with this game is the voiceThe absolute best Metal Gear game around. The Bosses are all awesome, the graphics are great, the music is intense, and the gameplay is solid (pun intended). The story of MGS3 is amazing, too. It perfectly depicts the back story of the entire Metal Gear series, leading you through the Cold War era in a believable and interesting way. Really, the only minor flaw with this game is the voice acting, which is excellent for the most part. However, some of the voices are, well, out of place (namely the Boss's voice, which is way too over dramatic at times). It's a must own game that no one should miss. It's quite possibly the best game on the PS2. Expand
  28. Jul 14, 2013
    The already-fantastic origin story of the definitive stealth-action game series, smoothed out and perfected for the optimal PS2 gaming experience this time around. The second disc is an extra treat, including the original two MSX Metal Gear games (1987, 1990), Snake Vs. Monkey mode, the ever-funny Secret Theater, and (the now defunct) online mode to boot. This is a game more than worthy ofThe already-fantastic origin story of the definitive stealth-action game series, smoothed out and perfected for the optimal PS2 gaming experience this time around. The second disc is an extra treat, including the original two MSX Metal Gear games (1987, 1990), Snake Vs. Monkey mode, the ever-funny Secret Theater, and (the now defunct) online mode to boot. This is a game more than worthy of your time and money. Expand
  29. Jul 24, 2013
    Metal Gear Solid 3 became one of my favorite video games of all time as soon as I played it. This game is a truly unique experience that needs to be enjoyed by everyone. The graphics are so stellar that they look better than some current generation games. There were a few times I had to remind myself that I was playing a PS2 Game and not a 360 game. The story is very strong as well.Metal Gear Solid 3 became one of my favorite video games of all time as soon as I played it. This game is a truly unique experience that needs to be enjoyed by everyone. The graphics are so stellar that they look better than some current generation games. There were a few times I had to remind myself that I was playing a PS2 Game and not a 360 game. The story is very strong as well. It is impossible not to care about the characters in this game. The story alone made me want to play through this game to see what would happen next. However, what makes this game truly superb is the gameplay. The gameplay is one of the most polished and well executed experiences I have ever played. The controls feel good, and although there are a lot of options and things you can do, I never felt overwhelmed by the possibilities. The game also lets you decide how to play through it. Want to kill everything? You can do that. Want to sneak around and use stealth (which admittedly is the game's encouraged way)? You can do that too. Metal Gear Solid 3 leaves you with so many ways to get through obstacles. You can use others as human shields, scare them to give you helpful information, and hide their bodies if need be. Or you can go non lethal, opting instead for tranquilizers and distractions rather than lethal tactics. Overall, this is one of the best and most well made video games I have ever played. I simply cannot give this game anything less than a perfect score, due to the extremely smooth gameplay and the great story. Anyone who has not experienced this game, please do yourselves a favor and play this game. It is worth every minute. Collapse
  30. Dec 10, 2014
    Simply one of the best games of all time. Fantastic story, near perfect cast of characters, top of the line voice acting, un-paralleled cinematography, some of the best graphics on PS2 hardware and tolerable stealth mechanics instantly turn "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: into a classic. It's one of the most thought provoking games out there, almost demanding a emotional response fromSimply one of the best games of all time. Fantastic story, near perfect cast of characters, top of the line voice acting, un-paralleled cinematography, some of the best graphics on PS2 hardware and tolerable stealth mechanics instantly turn "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: into a classic. It's one of the most thought provoking games out there, almost demanding a emotional response from the player. You will never forget "MGS3". Expand
  31. Feb 9, 2014
    My favorite game of all time. It has solid (no pun intended) gameplay, that few other games come close to today. The camouflage system still works well today. The eating system offers a nice twist. The boss battles are fantastic, the standouts being The End, The Sorrow, and The Boss. The story is among the best, with an extremely emotional ending. This game has to be played by everybody.
  32. Mar 31, 2014
    This is a no doubter, the best damn Metal Gear game ever! everything the did wrong completely fixed it and made this masterpiece. There is NOTHING wrong with this game! amazing storyline, awesome graphics for the old gen consoles, and the best gameplay for the ps2 times. trust me, if you ever come up with this game, BUY IT! trust me it's worth it.
  33. Jan 29, 2015
    This game...I really don't know what else to say but wow.EPIC! Graphics are really good,maybe blurry but ok I really enjoyed the story and this game is EMOTIONAL 0-100!!! This game teaches all the bad things about war and history of wars on this planet.I am really speechless when I take a look at this game or play it.Ladies and gentleman,one of the greatest games of all time,Metal GearThis game...I really don't know what else to say but wow.EPIC! Graphics are really good,maybe blurry but ok I really enjoyed the story and this game is EMOTIONAL 0-100!!! This game teaches all the bad things about war and history of wars on this planet.I am really speechless when I take a look at this game or play it.Ladies and gentleman,one of the greatest games of all time,Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence! Expand
  34. May 28, 2015
    My best game in the series. it does everything right like MGS1 did but with better graphics and more gameplay options. some may moan about this games controls but the first games were clumsy as well. but this version includes a 3D camera which makes the experience better. This game also had more gameplay then the others in the series too.
  35. KristmundurS.
    Jan 1, 2007
    The best re-release of a Metal Gear Solid game. The new camera angle is a blessing although some boss battles do good without it. The Online Mode is great port of the Metal Gear Solid gameplay along with the hilarious extras i.e.: cardboard box and porno books! The original MSX games are great and are fun play for those who want to see the origin of Solid Snake's adventures. The The best re-release of a Metal Gear Solid game. The new camera angle is a blessing although some boss battles do good without it. The Online Mode is great port of the Metal Gear Solid gameplay along with the hilarious extras i.e.: cardboard box and porno books! The original MSX games are great and are fun play for those who want to see the origin of Solid Snake's adventures. The Secret Theater is just drop-dead funny, especially: Metal Gear Raiden: Snake Eraser, Metal Gear S... and He's Still Got It. Duel Mode and the Snake vs. Monkey don't offer Europeans anything new except a new camera angle and the Demo Theater fails by giving you all the cutscenes of the game simply by making a save file. The Existence Disc is all right but many things could've been changed and the narration is just useless, but if you haven't been able to finish the game then it's good opportunity to see the full story. There are some control and lag issues online but since it's test version of the real MGO which is supposed to be on MGS4 fans should easily look past it and enjoy the sillyness. It's my favorite game of the series(way better than Snake Eater as whole). Expand
  36. Bryce
    Jun 1, 2008
    I personally cant see what people are whinging about with the controls, i thought they were fine. the story was great but since i havent play the previous ones im not totally sure about some things. graphics were amazing and the difficulty feel at the right place for all difficulties and even with exert causing you to lose once seen i didnt get frustrated once, i feel thats a sign of a I personally cant see what people are whinging about with the controls, i thought they were fine. the story was great but since i havent play the previous ones im not totally sure about some things. graphics were amazing and the difficulty feel at the right place for all difficulties and even with exert causing you to lose once seen i didnt get frustrated once, i feel thats a sign of a fantastic game. Expand
  37. JoshJ.
    Apr 1, 2006
    I'm a Metal Gear fan that has remained loyal to the series for several years. I will say that Subsistence overall is an improvement over Snake Eater. However, I will not jump on the band-wagon that acclaims the game to be "fricken amazing." The game is mainly amazing because of the previously released SE story and because of Metal Gear Online. There are several things with I'm a Metal Gear fan that has remained loyal to the series for several years. I will say that Subsistence overall is an improvement over Snake Eater. However, I will not jump on the band-wagon that acclaims the game to be "fricken amazing." The game is mainly amazing because of the previously released SE story and because of Metal Gear Online. There are several things with Subsistence that I'm not satisfied with. The manual that comes with the game is skimpy (about 13 pages long). While playing Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, important information is said to be in this skimpy manual - which is a lie. Several secret theaters on Disc 2: Persistence are poorly done (the graphics look crappy when being compared to the gameplay of SE). The same thing can go for the much anticipated Disc 3: Existence. I have the Limited Edition of this game and will say I am extremely dissapointed with Disc 3 - so much so that I barely touch it and will say that it was a waste of $10. The box to the LE (in the US) is opened through the top - as opposed to the open-sided box that the Japanese people received. I'll leave you with the pros of this game. The SE story is much more enjoyable (that is if you didn't play your eyeballs out with the SE version) with the 3D camera. The SE story is also improved a little bit through the now available bonus camos and face paints. The MG and MG2: Solid Snake games are also really cool. MGO, although I haven't tried it yet, appears to be one of the more successful parts of this game (most definitely a major reason as to why people are buying this game in America). If you want this game... expect a balanced amount of pros and cons. If you would rather hang onto your SE copy, then you're not losing out on too much. At about this point in the video gaming industry, I think almost everyone is starting to become annoyed with Metal Gear remakes. I leave you to decide for yourselves. Expand
  38. MattA.
    May 15, 2006
    Very good game. I enjoyed the story and characters a lot... and it was a lot more comprehensible than Metal Gear Solid 2. I loved the whole 1960's twist on the game... and the games cutscene were fairly entertaining. Good game.
  39. Jackson
    Jun 1, 2007
    I gave this one a nine because this is by far the best metal gear game ever. i even played portable ops and that is a game that requires alot of getting used to and when i say a lot i mean a lot. but anyways back to mgs3subsistence; yes you must get the hang of playing with the new camera angle in subsistance but it is well worth it. This is the first game in along time to make me stay up I gave this one a nine because this is by far the best metal gear game ever. i even played portable ops and that is a game that requires alot of getting used to and when i say a lot i mean a lot. but anyways back to mgs3subsistence; yes you must get the hang of playing with the new camera angle in subsistance but it is well worth it. This is the first game in along time to make me stay up all night playing till the sun came up; the last game was grand theft auto sanandreas. i would have given this game a full ten but i feel the makers of this game could have went a step furether to make this the best game of all time by adding a multiplayer offline option. when we first got the news of mgs3 going offline i started to hear alot off talk like "i'm gonna get my money back for this game". i wounder if kojima lost some money by taking this great game offline. Expand
  40. CodyB
    Jul 14, 2009
    One hell of a package! This masterpiece gets a 9.8 for its powerful compelling stoy, beautiful setting (jungle, mountains, flower field), timeline as the prequel to the entire metal gear series (not to mention that players get to experience metal gear 1 & 2 in the bonus disk), easter eggs (the end dying of old age, the nightmare scene when snake is in prison, & so much more), and One hell of a package! This masterpiece gets a 9.8 for its powerful compelling stoy, beautiful setting (jungle, mountains, flower field), timeline as the prequel to the entire metal gear series (not to mention that players get to experience metal gear 1 & 2 in the bonus disk), easter eggs (the end dying of old age, the nightmare scene when snake is in prison, & so much more), and let's not forget one of the coolest minigames out there; snake vs monkey. Make no mistake; the characters in this game are just great (obviously naked snake, the boss, the sorrow, eva, major zero, young ocelot) and a few of the bosses themselves are some of the most epic bosses in video game history that could only come from the crafted mind of gaming legend hideo kojima (the end, the sorrow, and the boss). Not as epic as sons of liberty and guns of the patriots but comes close with its powerful storytelling. Expand
  41. ChavezK.
    Mar 16, 2006
    The greatest Metal Gear, with a new camera system, more videos than you can shake a stick at, plus all new multiplayer online modes. Suberb value!
  42. AbrahamA.
    Dec 4, 2007
    With the 3D camera, this game is almost perfect.
  43. Janneau
    Dec 23, 2007
    Really one of my favorites, i am and will always be a big fan of the Metal Gear series, Sons of Liberty for me was'nt as great as this one. This one kind of takes you back to those glorious days of the 1st one. I can't believe someone gave it a 6... You must have no taste whatsover... They should ban that guy from playing games, and give him a barbie!
  44. Sep 2, 2010
    This is the greatest game ever. I hadn't played the others and I played this and nearly died. The story is the most greatest and best invention ever and is cleverer than any film I've ever seen. The game has bad camera and controls but has the best boss battles possible in a game. The best twist at the end in a game ever which is brilliant. I cannot put this games story into words. It isThis is the greatest game ever. I hadn't played the others and I played this and nearly died. The story is the most greatest and best invention ever and is cleverer than any film I've ever seen. The game has bad camera and controls but has the best boss battles possible in a game. The best twist at the end in a game ever which is brilliant. I cannot put this games story into words. It is very boring for the first eighth but then it gets better and better until by the last quarter your fighting a nuclear tank and hundreds of soldiers then nearly clapping and crying at the end. Anyone who wrote a review without playing the game fully is a fool and should be put down. BUY IT IF YOU HAVEN'T BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE AND YOU'VE GOT RID OF YOUR PS2 OR ARE SELLING YOUR 40/60 GB PS3. The score should be ten but it's broke Expand
  45. Jul 24, 2011
    Subsistence adds more content to an already classic game, the addition of the first two MG games is fantastic. The online ( since, i never played) need to be similar to MGS4 but at all cost is incredible. MGS gets better than ever.
  46. Aug 8, 2013
    How could you own a PS2 and not own this game? This is one of the best games, not only on the PS2, but overall. Canonically, this is the first in the epic MGS series. See where it all started. Learn all about Naked Snake (the father of Solid Snake), and how he became Big Boss. Today, this masterpiece is on PSN, for $14.99. I need not say more. However, it is included in the MGS: LegacyHow could you own a PS2 and not own this game? This is one of the best games, not only on the PS2, but overall. Canonically, this is the first in the epic MGS series. See where it all started. Learn all about Naked Snake (the father of Solid Snake), and how he became Big Boss. Today, this masterpiece is on PSN, for $14.99. I need not say more. However, it is included in the MGS: Legacy Collection, which not only has this game, but every single MGS game. Expand
  47. Oct 7, 2012
    Amazing title for the series.
  48. Sep 20, 2012
    (Translate from Portuguese into English)Um dos melhores jogos do PS2,uma das melhores histórias dos games,momentos fantásticos,Naked Snake um verdadeiro herói,não desiste nunca,grandes vilões e chefes igualmente,a floresta muito bem representada,lugar perfeito para se camuflar,poder matar animais,colher frutas para se alimentar é muito legal,mostra(Translate from Portuguese into English)Um dos melhores jogos do PS2,uma das melhores histórias dos games,momentos fantásticos,Naked Snake um verdadeiro herói,não desiste nunca,grandes vilões e chefes igualmente,a floresta muito bem representada,lugar perfeito para se camuflar,poder matar animais,colher frutas para se alimentar é muito legal,mostra a luta pela sobrevivência em território,simplesmente fantástico esse jogo. Expand
  49. Mar 30, 2014
    Incredible how kojima did this, this is the game that wanted an open world jungle with survival aspects, The plot is so deep, typical of Kojima, It has a free camera, face camo, the survival viewer, but the bosses while incredible they just happen you don't have a backstory, it has so many easter eggs, it is in a jungle, Snake eater the song, buy it.
  50. Jul 24, 2013

1. Improving on one of the best games ever couldn't have been an easy job, but Kojima Productions was able to do it. They packed this director's cut of "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater", a thrilling and cinematic military stealth action game, so full of tweaks and extras, we wish our review scale went to 11. [Apr 2006, p.73]
  2. Subsistence's awe-inspiring single-player adventure outclasses every other stealth game in existence, including the previous MGS titles. It's the perfect blend of gripping narrative, nuanced gameplay, astonishing (nearly next-gen) graphics, and creative boss battles. [Apr. 2006, p.98]
    Subsistence goes a long way towards remedying the few problems of ["Snake Eater"] with a brand new camera system that literally rejuvenates the gameplay. The online mode adds a ton of replay value as well, and has dozens of options to keep you returning to blow away friends late into the night.