Midnight Club II PlayStation 2

8.6

1. Dec 10, 2014
    I absolutely loved this game. It's my favorite of the series, and is likely my favorite racing game in general. The handling in this game is a dream, the car selection is excellent, and the locations are full of life. I love being able to actually hit pedestrians, which no games in the series have done since. It adds more things to do with friends as well. Me and several friends haveI absolutely loved this game. It's my favorite of the series, and is likely my favorite racing game in general. The handling in this game is a dream, the car selection is excellent, and the locations are full of life. I love being able to actually hit pedestrians, which no games in the series have done since. It adds more things to do with friends as well. Me and several friends have gotten together and spent a whole night trying to mortar each other and pedestrians with the SAVETHEKIDS cheat. The campaign is my favorite in the whole series and had very memorable characters and races. I still know all the shortcuts around town and can hit them perfectly. On one side, I didn't like that cars weren't customizable, but on the other side, the game's balance was much better than in MC:LA, since you didn't have to worry about other cars having upgraded parts. Your car was it, you had to beat the enemies with what cars you had and your own skill. A game like this would not be viable today, since people would complain and ask more of it, but I'd buy it again today if I had another chance. Expand
  2. BlueFalcon
    Nov 13, 2007
    Elasticband ai ruins the single player experience, and there isn't more than 2 player offline multiplayer. So unless you're online (and i don't think this game is even supported online anymore on the ps2), avoid it. If it had 4 player split screen, and no catchup ai, it would be a LOT more rewarding.
  3. adrian
    Jul 31, 2005
    Best racing game, even better than MC3. Unlike Burnout, which is probably the most overrated racing game (who wants to sit around watching crashes and wading through menu screens?), in MC2 the emphasis is on racing and speed. Only drawback is you have to spend a lot of time learning the race routes - but the flip side to this is you can often choose whatever route you wish. And I think theBest racing game, even better than MC3. Unlike Burnout, which is probably the most overrated racing game (who wants to sit around watching crashes and wading through menu screens?), in MC2 the emphasis is on racing and speed. Only drawback is you have to spend a lot of time learning the race routes - but the flip side to this is you can often choose whatever route you wish. And I think the characters are funny as hell. Expand
  4. CoryK.
    May 2, 2005
    This is the best street racing game to date. It's all about racing. If you want customization, then check out NFSU. However, if you want a challenging arcade street racing game, then you have to check this game out.
  5. EdV.
    Jun 23, 2004
    GREAT racing game!! The feeling of speed and gameplay is definitely the best of any racing game yet released.
  6. Sagg
    Jul 22, 2003
    This games frEken Gr8.
  7. Garrett
    Jul 22, 2003
    Best racing game I've played in forever. The only bad thing I think is you cant update your vehicles. The challenge is great!
  8. Imadead
    Jul 10, 2003
    I had a lot of fun with this game and i would recommend it.
  9. MattyB.
    Jun 30, 2003
    It was off the heezy fo sheezy.
  10. Darkmessenger
    Jun 19, 2003
    Great game cool tricks awesome smashing action, little unrealistic but perfect in my opinion.
  11. JeffreyK.
    Jun 15, 2003
    It's awesome. Just got it and started playing. Anyone who watches the Fast and the Furious will want this game.
  12. PeteB.
    Jun 7, 2003
    This game is absolute class... i dont know why so many people hate the music... it fits the game perfectly- the adrenaline rush is brilliant and the addictiveness is absolute! Must buy! (rent due to shortnese)
  13. CalumS.
    May 28, 2003
    Oh My God. The Cars are superb, the feelin of actually handling the car, superb and the location and tons of street racers and races rule. The game ahs all the cars that we all dream of owning, get this game its well worth every penny(cent).
  14. ZackM.
    May 19, 2003
    Off the hook.
  15. BenN.
    May 16, 2003
    Very few games get a 10 off me but this one deserves it all the way, purely the best, near perfect, brilliant ( but only if you liked the first midnight club ) if not still a great game, you won't regret buying it !
  16. TaraF.
    May 10, 2003
    Sad. Very sad.
  17. SteveA.
    Apr 30, 2003
    This game leaves NOTHING to be desired. Perfect. Actually made me stop playing SOCOM for a couple of days.
  18. EricC.
    Apr 29, 2003
    Midnight Club 2 joins Gran Turismo 3 and Hot Pursuit 2 among the best next-gen racing games available to date. This game is Grand Theft Auto, with all of the emphasis on the driving part. (It is made by Rockstar after all.) You have the freedom of choosing what path is best for you, and most of the time there are lots of paths to take in these open cities. The controls are excellent too, Midnight Club 2 joins Gran Turismo 3 and Hot Pursuit 2 among the best next-gen racing games available to date. This game is Grand Theft Auto, with all of the emphasis on the driving part. (It is made by Rockstar after all.) You have the freedom of choosing what path is best for you, and most of the time there are lots of paths to take in these open cities. The controls are excellent too, allowing the player to make there car stand on to wheels or transfer weight in mid-air with ease. The graphics hold up very smoothly also. While the sound effects are great, the terrible music selection keeps this from a 10. After 30 minutes, I turned off the music part, and played some better tunes on my stereo. Music aside, this game is a thrill-ride to play. (If only I had a network adapter...) Expand
  19. DavidJ.
    Apr 23, 2003
    this game is so hott . the graphics are off the meters.
  20. HellYeah
    Apr 17, 2003
    oh yeah
  21. BillD.
    Apr 15, 2003
    I loved the first one but this game is so unbelieveable the graphics the gameplay the soundtrack it is hard but still can be beat la is hard and paris is a whole new level of difficulty.
  22. ChrisK.
    Apr 14, 2003
    Great Game! The difficulty level is just enough to keep you coming back for more and to be extremely satisfying when you do finally clear a stage. The sense of speed is awesome. The best arcade-style racer I've played in quite some time.
  23. TaraH.
    Apr 13, 2003
    Good graphics and one of the funnest games i have ever played.
  24. TomL.
    THIS game rocks.

#55 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#10 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. Play Magazine
    It's exaggerated in its look and feel, but the balance between physical realism and fantasy-tuned fun is so engaging that you begin to forget that a racing game could be fashioned any other way. [May 2003, p.68]
  2. It strays from greatness thanks to completely frustrating AI that ends up cheating so badly, it’s not even worth playing.
  3. It performs well, but there are definitely more-interesting PlayStation 2 driving games on the market.