• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 8, 2005
9.0

1. MikeJ.
    Mar 13, 2006
    I love the game-play but the throwing is dicey and the batting is uncomfortable. Why not use the left analog stick for batting control since you have to use X or square to hit with?
  2. BuckN.
    Apr 10, 2005
    Finally a real manage only mode!
  3. CherylW.
    Apr 2, 2005
    I have played all three new baseball games for playstation. This one is my fav. by far. worth the purchase price.
  4. Deesto
    Apr 3, 2005
    Right up there with the other two major baseball releases of the year. Two small problems and one omission keep it from rising to the top of the crop: - Gameplay is a bit glitchy - Controls are glitchy as well at times, particularly when fielding. - Finally, MLB 2006 contains zero "mini-games", so if you're into quickies and not full, blown-out games, seasons, careers, or franchises, Right up there with the other two major baseball releases of the year. Two small problems and one omission keep it from rising to the top of the crop: - Gameplay is a bit glitchy - Controls are glitchy as well at times, particularly when fielding. - Finally, MLB 2006 contains zero "mini-games", so if you're into quickies and not full, blown-out games, seasons, careers, or franchises, this one's not for you. Expand
  5. BrandonC.
    Jul 19, 2005
    This game has many great ways to play. The game deserves a 10 because it is tastier than any other billberries games. This game is the tastiest. Mmmm. Billberries! Billberries come from japan and are made out of green grapes and sour plums! Happy playing and billberries day to all! Now you know what billberries are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. JamesP.
    Mar 19, 2005
    My wife hates this game because I play it so much. I have never played a game as much as this one. It picks up right were 2005 left off. Only better.
  7. johnminerva
    Jul 20, 2005
    mlb 2006 was the greatest game until i farted it smelt so bad that the game broke. billberries were flying everywhere so i past out because it smelt soooooooooooo bad i woke up a week later and found out billberries come from the foreign green plum mixed together with a weird blend of red grapes and ummm..............................and wait 1 sec (laughter in backround) blue green.......mlb 2006 was the greatest game until i farted it smelt so bad that the game broke. billberries were flying everywhere so i past out because it smelt soooooooooooo bad i woke up a week later and found out billberries come from the foreign green plum mixed together with a weird blend of red grapes and ummm..............................and wait 1 sec (laughter in backround) blue green....... blue green (more laughter) blue green b..banapples which come from apples and bananas Expand
    Jul 3, 2005
    Cant run the bases!!
  9. KeithL.
    Apr 13, 2005
    MLB 2006 is a very good game. The graphics are well done and the game play is completely immersive. The control take a bit of getting used too and some of the game play mechanics good improved to give the player more control (i.e. base running), but it's really fun and you feel like your actualy playing a real baseball game. Both the Season and Career modes are fun. In the season MLB 2006 is a very good game. The graphics are well done and the game play is completely immersive. The control take a bit of getting used too and some of the game play mechanics good improved to give the player more control (i.e. base running), but it's really fun and you feel like your actualy playing a real baseball game. Both the Season and Career modes are fun. In the season modes you're basically worried ust about winning. In the Career mode you focus mainly on improving your game and advancing in the league. I intentionally signed up with a team I didn't want to be a part of just so I could force a trade with the team I want. Plus, I thought it might be easier to get on a "weaker" team. I don't know if this is true, because some waker teams have tought requirements, also to make the team. The game has some minor "bugs". One, it freezes on occassion, so save often. Also, you can reduce freezing by setting diagnosis on prior to inserting the disk (don't reset PS2, hit circle, circle, then "X" to enter and select read disk). Also, I heard disabling "tips" helps reduce frezing. One thing that I found also, if youlet the game do it's thing (i.e. cut scenes, etc) and not tery to advance the game to fast by constantly pushing "X' to move the game along, this hepls too. I found the game would freeze when I pushed it along. If you're looking for a good badseball game, this one is it. It's a thinking man's game, not a kids arcade game. I've been playing it for hours and haven't really played another game since I got it. Collapse

MLB 2006 places such a huge emphasis on the cat-and-mouse battle between pitcher and batter that it will delight those looking for the subtle strategies in each at-bat and will likely annoy those who just want to hack away.
    MLB's fielding model exhibits smooth animations and transitions into secondary animations. Guys throw across their body, take their crow hops, and dig balls out of the dirt. It's all ├╝ber-realistic looking and complements the pitcher/batter duel perfectly.
    Follows up last year's comeback player of the year with control tweaks and makes its formidable franchise mode even better. [Apr 2006, p.97]