NARC PlayStation 2

Mar 23, 2005
    Worst graphics ever.
  2. JesseS.
    Jun 18, 2005
    I had really high hopes for this game when I first learned the news of its development. All I could think of is all of the great things they could do with it. There was plenty of things they could do to make this an innovative, fun game. Things that they did not do. Instead, you get a game that leaves you feeling completely cheated. The graphics are horrendous compared to other titles. I had really high hopes for this game when I first learned the news of its development. All I could think of is all of the great things they could do with it. There was plenty of things they could do to make this an innovative, fun game. Things that they did not do. Instead, you get a game that leaves you feeling completely cheated. The graphics are horrendous compared to other titles. This game makes Grand Theft Auto look like Doom 3. You'll have more fun counting how many recycling pedstrian designs you see walking down the street than playing the game. The controls fail miserably with a crappy aiming scheme, clunky controls, and a terrible camera. I would like to say that the gameplay would make it worth while, but I would be lying. You walk the streets, arrest criminals, confiscate drugs and/or weapons, go deposit them or use them, repeat. Either that or you do some of the most boring and overdone missions ever known to gaming. They have so many flaws its rediculous. For example, there is a mission where you are to take pictures of a gang on a basketball court. The idea is to get a picture of the face, so they can be identified. You will find yourself aiming the camera at one of the gang member's faces, directly, but the picture is useless - you have to be in the spot the game wants you to be in. There simply is NO variety in this game. If you're one of the people that had the same high hopes as I did for this game, please save yourself the time, money, and headache and avoid it all costs. Easily one of the worst PS2 titles ever devloped. Expand

Whether you're high or not, the action never moves beyond the primitive realm of shoot, punch, kick, tackle, grapple, throw and pummel. The only time the game gets legitimately challenging is when it becomes necessary to toggle out of the drug menu and select your beating fist or holster a weapon to arrest a suspect.
  2. Ingest evidence rather than confiscate it and you’ll develop embarrassing addictions you can kick only via meter-driven mini-games, or you’ll get busted in a random drug test.
  3. If you strip away the patently silly drug effects and the forced attitude, NARC is an unimpressive mission-based third-person action game. It's also short, rife with bugs, and basically not a lot of fun to play.