7.2

1. BrandonF.
    Nov 11, 2007
    Story Flow is a little to sketchy. Other than that GREAT GAME TO BUY.
  2. Jan 20, 2014
    Despite what everyone says about this game, I personally enjoyed it quite a bit. It gave you a RPG-esque leveling system, which, while slow, helped you out as your levels remained the same after story mode.

The missions were actually the most realistic I've seen. It's not the standard "help your neighbors with their trash" missions you'd see in something like Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, or something like that. Nope, they're all combat based missions, which are a lot more enjoyable. Even the escort missions, which says a lot.

The combat system, while not perfect, is a little satisfying, especially after you slowly gain levels. Nothing feels better than being able to spam shadow clones after *SPOILER ALERT* you unlock the infinite chakra *SPOILER OVER*.

Unlockables? I won't give away much, but the game gives you a VERY good reason to replay the story mode a few times. All I'll say is that it gives you an additional story sequence, and an additional character that you may or may not like/hate.

The item system is actually well thought out. Most items that you pick up ACTUALLY have a purpose. This, along with the equippable items (also well thought out) make it an enjoyable experience.

Also, a boss mode. Yeah, they have that. It's pretty fun, and it's also one more mode than other Naruto games.

Also, Co-op. Yep! Most things in the game allow co-op! It may not be the best, especially with camera angles, but the co-op battle mode itself is rather enjoyable.

The only real negatives that I can think of, are your standard ones. One, the voice actors. *shudders*. Yeah, we have the standard whiny Naruto as usual. Can't be avoided. Luckily, skippable cutscenes (I think). Two, loading times. They are a little lengthy, but they let you do this little spinny thing with the loading wheel...look, it gives you chakra, alright?

Also, the story mode has a story. Sort of. It's a little different, which could be a good thing.

All in all, it is REALLY fun. I've played maybe 5-6 other Naruto games, and this one easily is the best out of all of them. I would highly recommend it.
  3. Sep 17, 2012
    This game is definitely flawed but Naruto fans will enjoy anyway, especially the ones looking for a good co-op experience. It's got it's own original story, several different modes and a good selection of fan favorite characters, but the game play is extremely flawed making this game an experience only enjoyable to the most hardcore of fans. So if your a fan who's willing to overlook theThis game is definitely flawed but Naruto fans will enjoy anyway, especially the ones looking for a good co-op experience. It's got it's own original story, several different modes and a good selection of fan favorite characters, but the game play is extremely flawed making this game an experience only enjoyable to the most hardcore of fans. So if your a fan who's willing to overlook the many flaws this game has get it, if not don't get it, it's as simple as that. Collapse

#39 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007
#34 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2007

1. Play Magazine
    Now, with sharpened graphics, more features, and an original story, Uzumaki Chronicles is fine for fans of the series. But the battles are a little stiff, and the relationships between locations, characters, and events would be confounding to Naruto newbies. [Sept 2007, p.74]
  2. PSM Magazine
    Doesn't hold a candle to the fun-filled action of the Naruto anime or manga. [Oct 2007, p.84]
    We recommend that only the most dedicated, noble, selfless, and utterly brave Naruto fans try this game out.