8.2

1. OliverH.
    May 18, 2007
    The great thing was to be able to control all the players in legend Mod. Now it is like in NFL 07 you control only one guy. This is why I will not buy it.
  2. StevenB.
    Jul 18, 2007
    Best college football game yet. game play is very smooth, gamepla is realisic, gang tackling is awesome. Ea Sprts actually did something right.
  3. Ryan
    Jul 18, 2007
    Really Fun! A step forward from last year. Just a solid title!
  4. LSUfanOhYeah
    Jul 20, 2007
    This game sucks. It is the same thing as 07 w/ a couple of stupid upgrades. I feel like EA has shafted the current gen users (PS2 here). I feel like writing EA and demanding a refund. WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!
  5. ScottC.
    Jul 23, 2007
    This game is a step backwards. EA needs to learn the saying, "if it aint broke don't fix it." They have tweaked things that didn't need to be tweaked and haven't given the option to turn off the changes. The only reason to buy this game is if you want to play online.
  6. Todd
    Aug 21, 2007
    Lousy game. Same as 07 but more difficult to predict and master. I would not recommend-just buy a used 07 or 06 and you'll feel more fulfilled.
  7. AnthonyF.
    Jun 18, 2007
    Best football game of all time!!!!
  8. WillT.
    Jul 21, 2007
    Same game as 07 just with a fresh roster. Even the commentary is the same. Sad they didn't take the franchise further.
  9. EricGibbs
    Jul 24, 2008
    This is my first NCAA football game in a long time and I don't have many complaints about it. Graphics are good for the PS2. Easy opponents are easy to beat, the teams that are ranked higher than you seem to be tough to beat at times. I like the varying AI difficulty.
    My two biggest cons are the auto throw and the make up touchdowns that seem to occur. The auto throw is ridiculous, I recommend taking that off first thing. It threw 4 interceptions right to the defense with no receiver around. This was out of 12 passes, 4 other ones were incompletions. I don't even know why anyone would want that on.
    As for the make up TDs, every time the computer seems to make my guy fumble and they get a TD out of it, or they return a kickoff for a TD, somehow I always get an easy kickoff return for a TD. They kick it to the side which is easy to return for a TD. Not sure I like that.
    All in all, not bad for the $5 I paid for it at the target clearance section.

By comparison to last year's title, NCAA Football 08 is a mild step backwards, with only a few visual adjustments, changes to modes and elements that only add minor elements to an already solid football title.
    While the 360 version of NCAA Football 08 is finally a BCS bowl contender (after two limp seasons), the PS2 incarnation continues its steady march as the USC of last gen -- it's consistently dominant.
  3. The PlayStation 2 and Xbox version of NCAA Football 08 didn't get many new features this year, but it's still a great game if you don't own NCAA 07.