NFL GameDay 2004 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Aug 27, 2003
8.7

1. KeithL.
    May 2, 2005
    Fun game. It's a different type of challenge and offers decent graphics with some nice game play elements. Good second choice for an alternative football experience.
  2. MitchellC.
    Dec 26, 2003
    I've also rented all of the 2004 games and this game is pretty good in the online experience, but is just not as convincing as Madden NFL 2004. Don't get me wrong, this is a good game, but i bought Madden over it because it has better features and was more convincing. That's why i gave it a seven.
  3. JoeB.
    Sep 28, 2003
    This Gameday game has improved greatly from previous versions. I would compare this to Madden or better than that.
  4. ChazP.
    Aug 30, 2003
    This game plays better than any of them out this year, too bad so many people blindly follow Madden. I've rented all three and compared them, and Gamday by far has more control, and has a more realiztic four quarters of football! Give it a try....if you are a real football player, if you aren't then, youll like the othaz' !

1. Things like the interface design and other small rough spots throughout the game will turn off those gamers spoiled by the near perfection that is "Madden NFL 2004" and "ESPN NFL Football". Yet I defy any PS2 sports fan not to fall in love with the game’s online features.
  2. The single-player game play, however, hasn't changed much over the past couple of years. It suffers from a skimpy playbook and dim-witted AI-controlled opponents who do odd things like leave receivers wide open for a throw with no defensive backs in sight.
  3. Unlike "Madden 2004" and "ESPN NFL 2K4" though, one doesn’t get the feeling when playing GameDay 2004 that the developers pushed themselves (or their game) to the PS2's theoretical limit. Cool online football experience though!