8.6

1. AramisG.
    Jan 12, 2006
    It seems like people who enjoy POP haven't played just about any of the other, far superior, action games that have come out in the last three years. I beat all three games in this series and I have no idea why people love them so much (maybe I should have trusted my initial reaction to SOT sloppy combat). In SOT it was forgivable, but two games and two years later the developers It seems like people who enjoy POP haven't played just about any of the other, far superior, action games that have come out in the last three years. I beat all three games in this series and I have no idea why people love them so much (maybe I should have trusted my initial reaction to SOT sloppy combat). In SOT it was forgivable, but two games and two years later the developers still have no idea how to make combat fun or quick. The only reason I liked speed kills is because the combat in this game is so sluggish and repetitive (play Ninja Gaiden or God of War and POP's combat feels even more PS1). Obviously the developers of this game realized this hence they came up with the idea for speed kills. I also ran into bugs in several puzzles that required me to re-boot to proceed. To make things worse the environments are repetitive (how many roof tops did this game need) and the innovative chariot & Dark Prince parts are marred by poor save spots. The only real reason to slog through this game is to finish the story (ok at best, really). If you enjoy repeating levels over and over until you have each jump or turn memorized (more cerebellum than cerebral) and think that you enemies shouldn't have more than two moves (block, wait several seconds, attack) then this might be the game for you. I won't be going back to Persia. Expand
  2. BrianS.
    Jan 23, 2006
    I loved SoT. Like Ninja Gaiden, and God of War it made me a better gamer. Warrior Within was too confusing and frustrating. I stopped reserving and buying PoP games after that and I refuse to buy any of these again until there is a quicksave or save anywhere feature.
  3. Feb 7, 2011
    The Two Thrones may not be the best in the Prince of Persia series, but it is an amazing game, graphically its environments are beautiful and richly detailed, character models are good, and the cut scenes are fantastic, voice acting is great and the soundtrack is one of the best in a video game, the controls are just as great as ever, the new features like stealth kills are a blast, andThe Two Thrones may not be the best in the Prince of Persia series, but it is an amazing game, graphically its environments are beautiful and richly detailed, character models are good, and the cut scenes are fantastic, voice acting is great and the soundtrack is one of the best in a video game, the controls are just as great as ever, the new features like stealth kills are a blast, and the chariot segments are hard but a good change in pace, the story is better than the one from Warrior Within, my main complaint is that the prince while a more enjoyable character than he was in Warrior Within is still not as enjoyable as he was in Sands of Time, all in all if you enjoyed previous entries in the series you'll love this one. Collapse

#35 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#38 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. This is easily the better sequel, a firm improvement on "Warrior Within." So why the long face? For the simple and saddest reason of all: ennui. [Christmas 2005, p.100]
  2. Thrones also gets points for cribbing Sam Fisher's stealth skills and using a whip-like weapon that will send "God of War" fans scurrying to gaming chat rooms to voice their displeasure with the similarities. Thankfully, the controversy is worth it for this energetic adventure.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    An excellent action-adventure. Not perfect, however. It is basically more of the same and the ridiculous trap tunnels are anything but believable. And where is the widescreen support? [Dec 2005]