8.5

1. Nov 22, 2011
    For me, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within is a big let down, even though the fighting and platforming haven't been changed, it just isn't the same as The Sands of Time (which is one of my favourite games of all time). The main reason I didn't like Warrior Within was because of the darker tone, I also felt that the story line was poor. The backtracking also caused problems for me, at times I had no idea where I was or where I was supposed to go which was very frustrating. So overall, for me, it was an unworthy sequel of the Sands of Time, I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't. I wouldn't recommend it, not even if you've played other Prince of Persia games and enjoyed them, this one is no where near as good as the other games in the series. Expand

Ubisoft took a gamble by taking the Prince to a dark place. I don't think it paid off as the sense of magic, seen even in the old 2D PC days, is barely present here. It wasn't the wrong decision to make for a darker story, but Ubisoft took it too far.
  2. The gameplay is visceral, fast, and fun, the graphics and sound are incredible, and the story is so well conceived and written that it'll keep you coming back for more.
  3. Exploring the labyrinthine citadel is rewarding, although backtracking and frequent deaths can be frustrating.