9.3

1. Jun 21, 2017
    While I consider Going Commando better, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal is quite fantastic and once again proves how such a short development and staying creative to the formula by refinement and improving can really make an experience better. UYA adds a mix of new and old guns, plays off the game's universe creatively like callbacks to previous characters and using the memory cardWhile I consider Going Commando better, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal is quite fantastic and once again proves how such a short development and staying creative to the formula by refinement and improving can really make an experience better. UYA adds a mix of new and old guns, plays off the game's universe creatively like callbacks to previous characters and using the memory card system to rewards fans for their dedication to the series that is creative. Dr. Nefarious is a very goofy but far more intimidating villain and going back to some of the original RAC worlds like Rilgar and Kerwan with a better remix version of those themes were very wonderful. The Rangers are quirky and really play a parody on the modern military shooter. Coupled with the humor that the series had done since the first game and it stays consistent where it never feels old. Difficulty is better addressed in this over GC, but the power of the guns in later runs make it an absolute cakewalk. It also has the same feeling of GC, which isn't a bad thing but a common issue the series would start to face is franchise fatigue and not as compelling changes to the formula. That being said, you'd be hard pressed to find anything to fault UYA that some go back and forth on whether they like GC or this entry more. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2017
    One of the true great games that emerged from the PS2 era. It's story line offers enough flesh to to keep the game player stimulated and it's vast variety of weaponry and power ups make the game never exhaust it's surprise factor. But, most importantly, it's tons of fun.
  3. Feb 9, 2017
    For the longest time, my favorite game was this. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal. I beat it over and over until I 100 percented the game, then continued to beat it over and over because I was on a complete power trip with the strongest armor, maxed health, and every weapon on max level, and decimating everything was pure unadulterated joy. But what exactly made Up Your Arsenal soFor the longest time, my favorite game was this. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal. I beat it over and over until I 100 percented the game, then continued to beat it over and over because I was on a complete power trip with the strongest armor, maxed health, and every weapon on max level, and decimating everything was pure unadulterated joy. But what exactly made Up Your Arsenal so perfect back then, and what keeps it so good now? I'm gonna take a look at that with this review. Up Your Arsenal does some things better than Going Commando, and it's also missing some things that Going Commando had that I wish it had kept. To start things off, it's feels a lot more polished than the previous two games in the original PS2 trilogy, and I tribute that to a higher level of detail, a perfected lighting engine, a slightly upgraded character models. Everything just looks better. The soundtrack this time around is really making an effort to get you pumped to blow things up, but it also has a little bit more of a dramatic feel to it, to reflect what feels like higher stakes. In reality, the stakes are about at the same level as the original, but you care more about what's happening to the galaxy around you because you get to connect to more of it through the characters, which Insomniac really seemed to put a lot of focus on in this game. In UYA, you have a hub world in the form of the Phoenix, where you get missions from, and can interact with your pals in the Q-Force. It is entirely composed of characters that you talked to like, once in the first game, and then never saw again. This game brings them back, and gives them a bigger role. Flawless writing and top tier voice acting makes each member memorable, and you come to feel like your an important part of a team of professionals and there's a sense of gratification in that. And it makes sense, seeing as this time around, Ratchet is at a higher value to his allies. He's saved two galaxies now, at this point, he and Clank have made names for themselves. Ratchet is now a sergeant in the galactic military and dating the president's daughter. And yes, this game is somewhat military themed. You will be fighting large scale battles with the galactic rangers. This game is a lot more combat heavy, and the RPG mechanics introduced in R&C2 have been fine tuned to fit it. Ratchet's nano-tech leveling system has been tweaked to function in percents now, so that damage reduction with armor can actually be measured in a way that makes sense. And the number of times our weapons can upgrade has been increased. You can now upgrade a weapon four times, the first three awarding you new mods, raising the power levels little by little, and then the fourth drastically increasing the power and destruction in an instant. And yes, mega weapons still exist. And they can also be upgraded multiple times now. As a result, in this game, your weapons have the potential to become far more deadly and destructive than the puny little pea shooters you had in Going Commando, the best of which return for free if you gave a GC save file btw, and have been given the new upgrade system treatment as well. You will become overpowered. And it will be amazing. Mowing down all enemies that cross your path with merciless devastation while the army you command and that of the enemy's fight around you in a glorious, chaotic battlefield. Also at your disposal are two vehicles: the Turbo Slider and Hovership. These sections are fun enough, and they don't overstay their welcome. There are optional things you can do to get more bolts as well. Including galactic ranger battles, and arena battles which make a return. I should also mention the Qwark vid comics that become optional on a challenge mode playthrough, but are mandatory on your first. In all honesty, they can be fun if you're in the mood, but most of the time they're just a roadblock when I just wanna get back to blowing stuff up as Ratchet. The comics themselves are 2D platforming segments where you play as Captain Qwark. They don't show up too often though, thankfully. Platforming does still exist for Ratchet too, so don't worry, it is still within the genre. Despite all the fast paced adrenaline pumped action, the game still has it's drawbacks that honestly make it fall below Going Commando in my eyes. You see, the game gives you the option to upgrade your ship, but all the changes are purely aesthetic, To me, the feature feels wasted because in GC, you could trick out your ride for epic space battles. But here, those battles are absent. And where in the last game the platinum bolts bought you mods for your weapons, since the upgrade system has mods taken care of, they now buy you... skins. I also wish the arena level was more fleshed out. These drawbacks aside, UYA is still a great game, from reclaiming your home planet from an alien invasion in the beginning, all the way to an epic final battle where armies clash at the end. UYA is BAD ASS. Oh. And Neffy Expand
  4. Nov 4, 2016
    Ratchet and Clank:Up Your Arsenal refines the formula established by Going Commando and adds several new features including an online multiplayer mode. The new additions include a first person mode, mission-based "Galactic Ranger" sections, an Arena with both platforming and combat gauntlets. Speaking of combat, the weapon line up in this game is arguably the best in the series, withRatchet and Clank:Up Your Arsenal refines the formula established by Going Commando and adds several new features including an online multiplayer mode. The new additions include a first person mode, mission-based "Galactic Ranger" sections, an Arena with both platforming and combat gauntlets. Speaking of combat, the weapon line up in this game is arguably the best in the series, with Re-designed weapons from the first and second game, as well as some of the best weapons from the second game (see Bouncer, Miniturret Glove, Shield Charger, Plasma Coil) and some interesting additions such as the Plasma Whip. There are also brand new "Qwark Vid-comics" which are miniature 2-D platforming challenges that detail both Qwarks backstory as well as justifying Dr. Nefarious' plan. Sticking with Dr. Nefarious, he, his butler Lawrence (and Captain Qwark) have great chemistry, backed up by solid writing and great voice work. The game doesnt take itself seriously, simply aiming to provide the player with great gameplay and a hilarious story, which the game achieves with flying colours. The soundtrack is a mix between the Techno Break-beat tunes of the first game and the more orchestral influence of the second game. Last but not least the gameplay offers excellent controls, fluid gameplay, great graphics and a rock-steady 60fps. An overall excellent single player campaign with a solid (although not entirely original by todays standards) multiplayer component featuring basic Deathmatch/Capture the Flag modes. An excellent game, and a PS2 classic. Expand
  5. Jul 30, 2016
    My first ratchet and clank game and still my favourite ps2 game ever, the over the top weapons, humour, sick soundtrack, and many planets to explore, even a damn fun multiplayer
  6. Jul 3, 2016
    I spent hours on this amazing masterpiece which is the best Ratchet & Clank game of all time. The story is great and the controls are good. I love this game and you should play this amazing masterpiece as well.
  7. Apr 16, 2016
    this game is really good although it is a were the **** do i suppost to go this is the kind of game but its really fun in other words you should get this game is you are good at were the **** do i go games
  8. Mar 13, 2016
    Pretty hilarious, this game is one of the best ps2 releases to come, my favourite is tools of destruction though, good job insomniac. very good
  9. Jan 6, 2016
    This is the game that put the series of Ratchet and Clank truly on the map. More enemies, more planets, more weapons, more characters, more story, Ratchet and Clank 3 screams more. With an array of innovations, including multiplayer game modes, Ratchet and Clank 3 serves as the overwhelmingly perfect finale to the PS2 trilogy.
  10. Oct 12, 2015
    For what the game is mainly all about, (platforming), it excels at it and a whole lot more. From top to bottom, its a very humorous game to play for everyone
  11. Oct 4, 2015
    Que recuerdos me trae este juego , Tiene buenos gráficos, historia, y armas. Aunque es un juego, lo que se diría, antiguo a que un seguro que muchos niños ( o no tanto niños ) disfrutarían mas con Ratchet & Clank 3 , que muchos juegos actuales .
  12. Sep 4, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My favourite game because it has all that a good game needs i love it soooooooooooooooooooo much. The bosses are fun and hard expacially Dr. Neferious Expand
  13. Aug 10, 2015
    Ratchet and Clank, there is no game more fun than this. Up your Arsenal is one of the best from this saga. The story os good. The gamplay is perfect, the guns are awsome, the levels are perfect, simply one of the best ratchets and clank games.
  14. Jun 30, 2015
    Probably the best game of my childhood. Words cannot describe. Replayed this when the PS3 remastered version came out and it still was one of the best games ever made.

15. Jun 10, 2015
    I'll do a much longer, Fanboy-ish review later, but in short, this game is really good. It is not as good as the second game for me, but it all goes down to opinion. It is still a fantastic game, and it should definitely be noted in the best games of all time.
  16. Feb 23, 2015
    There is so much customization in this game! I love it! This was the only Ratchet and Clank game that I played on the PS2, but I had so much fun with it! I wish I still had my PS2 so I could relive playing this game.
  17. Oct 8, 2014
    Best game ever. It have great gameplay, graphics and audio. I complete it more than 10 times, and that's my first PS2 game. For Ratchet and Clank i buyed the PS3.
  18. Aug 20, 2014
    I bought this game at the age of four and it was one of the first games I completed. Over the years of playing this game I cannot find a game better than this

Story-A
    Gameplay-A*
    Platforming-B

Oh and you get a gun that turns enemies into ducks!
  19. Apr 21, 2014
    The very best game on the PS2. Absolute classic, good story, great weapons, and just amazing gameplay.

You cannot ask for a better game. If you have a PS3, go on the PS store and buy the trilogy pack and play this diamond in the rough of gaming.
  20. Jan 15, 2014
    It's a Masterpiece, a must play, probably the best Ratchet & Clank for PS2. Now i have it for PS3 (because i have the Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy) and still amazes me.
  21. Dec 26, 2013
    THE best ratchet and clank on Playstation 2. A mixture of excellent gameplay tweaks and new activities make the third one easily the strongest game in the series and one of the best games ever. Up your arsenal entertains you with great humor, gameplay, music, story.... Truly a masterpiece.
  22. Dec 5, 2013
    in many ways a good ratchet and clank game probably the best sharing it's place with a crack in time maybe even better.
    weapons are great no bad things to say about them.
    gadjets are okay armor sets are awesome as well game is long enough and the story is well worked out characters development is awesome this game changed the ratchet and clank series a lot captain qwuark becoming a
    weapons are great no bad things to say about them.
    gadjets are okay
    armor sets are awesome as well
    game is long enough and the story is well worked out
    characters development is awesome this game changed the ratchet and clank series a lot captain qwuark becoming a friend of ratchet and clank made the series much better.
    there are a lot of different characters in this game with their own personality
    the most famous villian from the ratchet series is in this game doctor nefarious
    so in short a very good game that you must have i've you like platforms or the ratchet and clank series
  23. Nov 26, 2013
    My favorite game of all time a great story. Lots of replay value and the comedy is top notch too bad Insomniac made all 4 one and made the characters so hideous.
  24. Oct 19, 2013
    Simply put, my favourite game of all time. Everything about it is amazing, the gameplay, the graphics, the writing is all superb. This game does not get old, I have beaten it 25 times and it is still enjoyable. GO AND BUY THIS GAME.
  25. Sep 21, 2013
    This game is an absolute gem. It's fun, and tells a great story with great humour. If you love platformers, action-adventure or 3rd person shooters, you owe it to yourself to play this game. While veterans of the series might find it a little less challenging than the second and first games, newcomers will find lots of challenge in the main story, with challenge mode further adding replayThis game is an absolute gem. It's fun, and tells a great story with great humour. If you love platformers, action-adventure or 3rd person shooters, you owe it to yourself to play this game. While veterans of the series might find it a little less challenging than the second and first games, newcomers will find lots of challenge in the main story, with challenge mode further adding replay value. speaking of replay value, this game has a ton of it, with titanium bolts to collect, skill points to achieve and weapons to upgrade, completionists will get around 25-40 hours with this game as more than one playthrough is required. Expand
  26. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    It might not in my eyes beat the two games that came before, but it's pretty darn close. I love this game and it's my 3rd favorite game of all time. Thinking of that this game was made in one year and how little hype this game had, it absolutely stuns me how awesome it is.
  27. Jul 23, 2013
    Out of the three, this is probably the funnest game in the series. I wouldn't know how much fun an adult would have, but I can guess it should still be pretty darn epic!
  28. Jun 17, 2013
    I don't have to explain why this is a good game... dgljdfhugsadlfzkjbvzifdfkjgfdjkfdfdkjfdkjfgjkfdjjkjgkjgjkjbhdifl;uvbgiludfh;lkhf
  29. Dec 23, 2012
    Ratchet and Clank 3 has a little movie that motivates you to play.
  30. Nov 9, 2012
    It takes platformers to new heights. But its not just a platformer. With just one switch of a button you have the option to play this game like a first-person shooter. Theres no going back. You simply have to play this sometime.

#5 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#11 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. An enjoyable experience worthy of the Ratchet name...even if we're hoping the next iteration of the series pushes the envelope instead of merely experimenting.
  2. One of the best of its genre, of that there is no doubt. But is it really acceptable to release a game that's so similar to the previous two that it would take the most devoted fan to spot the difference at first glance?
  3. With a sublime mix of a humorous storyline, fantastic weaponry, some pure comedy moments, and some amazingly solid platforming sections, there's very little to criticise in Ratchet and Clank 3.