9.0

1. Sep 28, 2010
    This is without a doubt one of the best platforming games I have played in all my years of gaming. From the creators of Spyro the Dragon (which is another great platform/adventure game) brings you two new characters, Ratchet who is a lombax and Clank who is a robot. The chemistry between these two are great and their voices are brilliant including clank my personal faviroute. There are other great characters too like Quark, Helga and Drek and their voices are good as well. Gameplay is similar to Spyro, you play as Ratchet mostly and sometimes Clank and your mission is too roam around and defeating all of Drek's minions who have taken over different planets as well as helping out friends who set out tasks for you. Once that is done you will be given coordinates to the next planet where you will fight your way through more enemies and bosses. There are also skill points which can only be earned by completing a secret challenge as well as gold bolts that are located in secret areas. Your first weapon is the wrench but you can buy new weapons from the gadgetron shops. You can get these by collecting lots of bolts which are found by destroying creates and enemies There are some really cool weapons like morph ray, devastator and RYNO which is a faviroute of mine. Ratchet has lots of cool moves and can collect items to perform new ones. Clank has some cool tricks up his sleeve too like a thruster pack, communicating with other robots and when he becomes a giant, then you just smash your way through everyone while blasting them with rockets. Graphically this game is perfect, each level has some amazing layouts and backgrounds from a great distance. Frame rate is fine and there is plenty of gameplay in this too, so you won't be disappointed. I can honestly say this is without a doubt one of the best platform/adventure games I have ever seen on the PS2. Expand
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    I loved this game. the only thing that was bad is that you couldn't strafe. not too much of a deal for me.
  3. Jul 23, 2013
    Such great memories! I loved these games so much, I can't praise this enough for any kid under 16 :)
    I think it should be pretty fun for an adult as well, but I wouldn't know. Great story, amazing gameplay, overall very balanced and fun game.
  4. Apr 11, 2011
    It's a little iffy here and there, likely because of its often difficult controls, wooden hearted characters, and tiresome length, however, the funnest aspect of Ratchet & Clank is its gameplay, variety of weapons and cool gadgets, stunning graphics and visuals, and fun level design.
  5. Jul 29, 2011
    A fantastic game that keeps players hooked with a multitude of weapons and gadgets. The guns are well balanced and the gadgets are always useful and entertaining. Care and attention have clearly gone into creating worlds, with each feeling distinct and memorable. There is good chemistry between the two leads and the plot, though a little thin, is enough to keep you interested.
  6. Jun 9, 2011
    Ratchet and Clank is another face for the Playstation, just like Sly cooper etc. There is a huge selection of awesome weapons in this game, Insomniac is known for that, like what they did in Resistance for instance.
  7. Apr 20, 2011
    Great game. Thats all there is to say. Great game.
  8. Apr 6, 2012
    The game is a unique shooter/platformer with a good story and very fun game play. The game has unique weapons which are all fun to try out and play with. The game also has a lot of hidden content such as Gold Bolts that unlock more powerful weapons adding to the replayability of the game.
  9. Mar 2, 2012
    Ratchet and Clank is a futuristic platformer that has good graphics and much replay value. It is one of the best platformer games for the PlayStation 2. I think it deserves a rerelease like the Jak and Daxter games.
  10. Jan 27, 2012
    This is one of the best games i have ever played! This is what makes the PS1,2 and 3 beat the competitors. Quality. While xbox and 360 has halo, and nintendo has mario, we got spyro, ratchet, jax, sly and alot more. This is a perfect platform game. All original spyro lovers, get in here and buy this game! Also, WE WANT AN HD REMAKE FOR PS3!
  11. Nov 22, 2011
    Do you want an addictive platformer? Do you want a creative arsenal of weapons? Do you want to have hours of exploring and finding secrets? Look no further than this game. This game is filled with "gold bolts" which are hidden and can be used to purchase gadgets and weapons. The game goes by a goal system, which makes it easy to find out what you have to do. You can collect bolts to purchase new weapons, and you'll be needing them! Definitely tops my platforming list for the PS2! Collapse
  12. Feb 27, 2012
    This game is great!!! One of the first games I bought for my PS2, and one of the most fun! The gameplay was mainly smooth, the levels were various, unique, and highly creative!! I LOVE the characters, the story, the world, the humor, everything! So many extras you can play to achieve, and many unique gadgets and weapons that make this game stand out. This game deserves a standing ovation!
  13. May 7, 2012
    Kick ass game and what started this series for me. Best Futuristic weapons title is held by this franchise
  14. Jun 26, 2012
    The first of what is perhaps the best series in my opinion, action / adventure and platformer on the Playstation. The origins of one of the most famous couples in the world of video games. My favorite of the series. And many large cities and bizarre planets explorable. The perfect antagonist and the (anti) superhero never been more fun (to be honest, "SUPER" is a big word, better to remove it)! Fantastic and bizarre characters, humor and plot twists. is here, it all started! XD Expand
  15. Jan 12, 2013
    Ratchet & Clank's debut game was an instant classic. I hope, that someday Ratchet & Clank goes back to this game's direction. This game has atmosphere, what other Ratchet & Clank games doesn't have. I like the story and the characters in this game. Gameplay is fun and graphics are awesome. A great debut for one of the best video game series.
  16. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    All though it might not have the innovative gameplay, the improvements and the added on content, this still is my favorite game in the franchise and most likely my favorite game of all time. I think so because I think that it has the best music, best story, coolest weapons(Not best) and coolest characters. All though the sequels are totally awesome, they will never life up to the pure soul of the first Ratchet & Clank. Thank you, Insomniac Games for creating this masterpiece. Expand
  17. Nov 22, 2011

R & C's innovation comes in the form of all those crazy, non-gimmicky weapons and tools. This is a complex, polished platform gaming machine.
  2. One of the best platformers to hit the PS2, ever.
  3. The graphics, the busy environments, the interactivity... every element taken by itself it pretty praiseworthy, stick 'em all on the same disk and they add up to good things.