8.8

1. ChuongV.
    Jan 17, 2003
    This a fun game, but it's too short and the ending stinks. They should make more weapons, and more levels. This game is too easy to beat. Take you like a week only, so i decided to give it an 8.
  2. NewtZ.
    Apr 2, 2003
    How could Nick G. not love this game!?! As far as I'm concerned, the defects are these: it is a little short, and thre isn't a Gloden R.Y.N.O. Otherwise, the game is freakin' awesome! The guns and gadgets make the game SO cool! The soundtrack is good, too. Nick G., if you are reading this, I have something I'd like to say: go back to your rock, crawl under it, and read How could Nick G. not love this game!?! As far as I'm concerned, the defects are these: it is a little short, and thre isn't a Gloden R.Y.N.O. Otherwise, the game is freakin' awesome! The guns and gadgets make the game SO cool! The soundtrack is good, too. Nick G., if you are reading this, I have something I'd like to say: go back to your rock, crawl under it, and read more game magizines. Insomniac should make an R&C2 (but only if it is as good as the 1st). See ya! Expand
  3. JonathanF.
    May 3, 2003
    This is just so cool, i love the blaster and glove of doom, it's really funny when ratchet and clank talk to each other, and it's just brilliant so i don't know why i didn't give it a 10. oh well, i'm not gonna get much more outta my life now. i gave it nine, i deserved ten, i think i'll had myself over now. byeee
  4. DangerPilot1
    Jan 1, 2003
    10! best platform game on this console. Huge worlds, TONS OF FUN.
  5. MarcD.
    Jan 4, 2003
    Props to Brian Hastings and the Insomniac crew for another killer game. Liz "The Waves" Goodenough would be proud.... By the way, have you noticed that all of your Spyro fans are pissed to high heaven that the next generation game has gone to crap now that another developer is handling the title? Oh well..... Not all developers can be that brill....
  6. GalenN.
    Feb 8, 2003
    This is one of the coolest games I've ever played. It's out of this world!!!
  7. NickF.
    Mar 15, 2003
    It is an awesome game, i cant stop playing it. It had humor, and was good for a variety of age groups.
  8. AnonymousMC
  9. LiamY.
    Apr 11, 2003
    It is the best game ever. It is much better than NHL.
  10. BarryC.
    May 1, 2003
    One of the best games I ever played!
  11. MatthewG.
    Aug 20, 2003
    A lot of time and effect when into the amazing graphic, HUGE wicked level. Clever game play, collecting bolts, gold bolts, weapons and gadget. playing ratchet or/and clank swimming, flying, shooting in turrent and racing on awesome hover boards. i am a total addict.
  12. D.K.
    Aug 20, 2003
    A great game showing just how versitile platformers can be.
  13. AnonymousMC
    Aug 8, 2003
    Psst! They let me go, so I'm gonna do a Pros and Cons list now:

Pros Cons
    Loadsa weapons! J+D clone
    Bit easier than J+D But still tricky
  14. MaxN.
    Feb 18, 2004
    It freezes up when Im at the end of the game is there a way to fix it.
  15. DaveH.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Absolutely unbelievable! This is the best game I have seen for the PS2. I'm now on my third time through it and am still finding stuff. Since it's now a Greats Hits game, you can't go wrong. It's worth every penny!
  16. TorgeirW.
    Oct 26, 2003
    Too easy perhaps, but still one of the best games ever!
  17. JackC.
    Apr 11, 2003
    I think it shold be a 10+ any one who dosen't give it more than 8 just cant handel their games.
  18. AjS
    Aug 13, 2003
    Anyone who likes this game, has really good taste, for me, the best games for psx was the Spyro series(when Insomniac made it).. i couldn't believe the kind of innovative stuff they have in this game, like waking upside down... It never got boring with all those weapons..The creaters of the game always have some way to find all ages to play this game and still be interested the whole Anyone who likes this game, has really good taste, for me, the best games for psx was the Spyro series(when Insomniac made it).. i couldn't believe the kind of innovative stuff they have in this game, like waking upside down... It never got boring with all those weapons..The creaters of the game always have some way to find all ages to play this game and still be interested the whole way throuhgh. Oh right did i say absolutely no loading time, none in the whole game, have i seen now loading.. Its the most beautiful platformer out there HANDS DOWN....... Collapse
  19. JoeLeo
    Mar 19, 2004
    Jaw-dropping graphics,equally fantastic gameplay, great plot with twists and turns is all an epic needs and that is what this game offers.
  20. JonathanJ.
    Oct 6, 2005
    One of the best games in the ps2 10x as good as Sly cooper almost as good as spyro.
  21. CallumM.
    May 8, 2005
    Excellent weapons, gadgets, and gameplay. Very innovative and imaginative.
  22. JonnyB.
    Jun 29, 2006
    One of the better exclusives on the PS2. I love this game.
  23. Daz
    May 24, 2007
    As an older gamer who came to the ps2 late in it's lifecycle (after the xbox had stopped making games) i thought i'd look through the ps2 back catalogue. I found Ratchett and clannk which is an awesome game. Can't wait to see what the other r and c games are like. Highly recommended.
    Nov 9, 2002
    An immensely packed game with characters, creatures, weapons, and gadgets. Ratchet and Clank is a futuristic, and innovative game with a wonderful soundtrack. Most of all, it has that ubiquitous "Spyro the Dragon" feel, and I'm very glad that is does. Insomniac does a wonderful job at level and character design, and the PS2 has boosted their abilities times 10. Bravo, Insomniac, bravo.
  25. Mastershonuff
    Nov 3, 2003
    Most people compare this game to jak and daxter, and while jak was a fun diversion from life, ratchet and clank is a great experience in gaming. this game definitely grows on you. after a few hours of fun playing it, i felt as if i was just playing another standard platformer. then it hit me, i loved the damn game. you get emotionally attached to the characters and involved in the thin,Most people compare this game to jak and daxter, and while jak was a fun diversion from life, ratchet and clank is a great experience in gaming. this game definitely grows on you. after a few hours of fun playing it, i felt as if i was just playing another standard platformer. then it hit me, i loved the damn game. you get emotionally attached to the characters and involved in the thin, but interesting story. and the gameplay is beautifully balanced. this is a lesson in great pacing in a video game, something that is often overlooked. now this game is $20, go buy it, then buy sly cooper and jak... a measly $60 total for 3 great games. platformers are often overlooked by fans of sports games, and stealth action, and overly violent games - which can all be fun too - and this is just too sad. while you're at it buy klonoa 2, amplitude, the two fear effect games on psone and virtua fighter 4... because i told you to. Expand
  26. KenjiK.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Ratchet and clank is one of the best ps2 games i have ever played! i recomend this game for a holiday gift . this game rocks!!!!!
  27. ScottLAnd
    Feb 19, 2003
    Very good a little short but thats ok.
  28. JuddP.
    Sep 17, 2003
    This game is amazing and with the up and coming sequal which improves on it in almost every way, this is the year it will beat Jak and Daxter.
  29. JaJAxohoj
    Nov 12, 2002
    I pity the 'foo who misses Ratchet and clank.
  30. HugeE.R.
    Dec 28, 2002
    This is the funnest game ive played yet.
  31. TayShort
    Dec 28, 2002
    I it is good compared to other games of its type
  32. Sep 7, 2010
    Ratchet and Clank is a great game. Good platform gameplay, imaginative weapons you can use to blow your enemies away and a interesting story line as well. Voice acting is really cool as well and awesome music which fits perfectly to each individual level. My minor complaint is the final boss fight can be frustrating but Ratchet and Clank is an all round perfect platformer.
  33. Sep 28, 2010
    This is without a doubt one of the best platforming games I have played in all my years of gaming. From the creators of Spyro the Dragon (which is another great platform/adventure game) brings you two new characters, Ratchet who is a lombax and Clank who is a robot. The chemistry between these two are great and their voices are brilliant including clank my personal faviroute. There areThis is without a doubt one of the best platforming games I have played in all my years of gaming. From the creators of Spyro the Dragon (which is another great platform/adventure game) brings you two new characters, Ratchet who is a lombax and Clank who is a robot. The chemistry between these two are great and their voices are brilliant including clank my personal faviroute. There are other great characters too like Quark, Helga and Drek and their voices are good as well. Gameplay is similar to Spyro, you play as Ratchet mostly and sometimes Clank and your mission is too roam around and defeating all of Drek's minions who have taken over different planets as well as helping out friends who set out tasks for you. Once that is done you will be given coordinates to the next planet where you will fight your way through more enemies and bosses. There are also skill points which can only be earned by completing a secret challenge as well as gold bolts that are located in secret areas. Your first weapon is the wrench but you can buy new weapons from the gadgetron shops. You can get these by collecting lots of bolts which are found by destroying creates and enemies There are some really cool weapons like morph ray, devastator and RYNO which is a faviroute of mine. Ratchet has lots of cool moves and can collect items to perform new ones. Clank has some cool tricks up his sleeve too like a thruster pack, communicating with other robots and when he becomes a giant, then you just smash your way through everyone while blasting them with rockets. Graphically this game is perfect, each level has some amazing layouts and backgrounds from a great distance. Frame rate is fine and there is plenty of gameplay in this too, so you won't be disappointed. I can honestly say this is without a doubt one of the best platform/adventure games I have ever seen on the PS2. Expand
  34. Aug 8, 2011
    I gave it the wrong rating the first time. Here is the REAL rating! Still, you should definitely buy this game, if you can find a copy somewhere! Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal are the better games!
  35. Apr 11, 2011
    It's a little iffy here and there, likely because of its often difficult controls, wooden hearted characters, and tiresome length, however, the funnest aspect of Ratchet & Clank is its gameplay, variety of weapons and cool gadgets, stunning graphics and visuals, and fun level design.
  36. Jul 29, 2011
    A fantastic game that keeps players hooked with a multitude of weapons and gadgets. The guns are well balanced and the gadgets are always useful and entertaining. Care and attention have clearly gone into creating worlds, with each feeling distinct and memorable. There is good chemistry between the two leads and the plot, though a little thin, is enough to keep you interested.
  37. Jun 9, 2011
    Ratchet and Clank is another face for the Playstation, just like Sly cooper etc. There is a huge selection of awesome weapons in this game, Insomniac is known for that, like what they did in Resistance for instance.
  38. Apr 20, 2011
    Great game. Thats all there is to say. Great game.
  39. Apr 6, 2012
    The game is a unique shooter/platformer with a good story and very fun game play. The game has unique weapons which are all fun to try out and play with. The game also has a lot of hidden content such as Gold Bolts that unlock more powerful weapons adding to the replayability of the game.
  40. Mar 2, 2012
    Ratchet and Clank is a futuristic platformer that has good graphics and much replay value. It is one of the best platformer games for the PlayStation 2. I think it deserves a rerelease like the Jak and Daxter games.
  41. Jan 27, 2012
    This is one of the best games i have ever played! This is what makes the PS1,2 and 3 beat the competitors. Quality. While xbox and 360 has halo, and nintendo has mario, we got spyro, ratchet, jax, sly and alot more. This is a perfect platform game. All original spyro lovers, get in here and buy this game! Also, WE WANT AN HD REMAKE FOR PS3!
  42. Nov 22, 2011
    Do you want an addictive platformer? Do you want a creative arsenal of weapons? Do you want to have hours of exploring and finding secrets? Look no further than this game. This game is filled with "gold bolts" which are hidden and can be used to purchase gadgets and weapons. The game goes by a goal system, which makes it easy to find out what you have to do. You can collect bolts toDo you want an addictive platformer? Do you want a creative arsenal of weapons? Do you want to have hours of exploring and finding secrets? Look no further than this game. This game is filled with "gold bolts" which are hidden and can be used to purchase gadgets and weapons. The game goes by a goal system, which makes it easy to find out what you have to do. You can collect bolts to purchase new weapons, and you'll be needing them! Definitely tops my platforming list for the PS2! Expand
  43. Feb 27, 2012
    This game is great!!! One of the first games I bought for my PS2, and one of the most fun! The gameplay was mainly smooth, the levels were various, unique, and highly creative!! I LOVE the characters, the story, the world, the humor, everything! So many extras you can play to achieve, and many unique gadgets and weapons that make this game stand out. This game deserves a standing ovation!
  44. May 7, 2012
    Kick ass game and what started this series for me. Best Futuristic weapons title is held by this franchise
  45. Jun 26, 2012
    The first of what is perhaps the best series in my opinion, action / adventure and platformer on the Playstation. The origins of one of the most famous couples in the world of video games. My favorite of the series. And many large cities and bizarre planets explorable. The perfect antagonist and the (anti) superhero never been more fun (to be honest, "SUPER" is a big word, better to removeThe first of what is perhaps the best series in my opinion, action / adventure and platformer on the Playstation. The origins of one of the most famous couples in the world of video games. My favorite of the series. And many large cities and bizarre planets explorable. The perfect antagonist and the (anti) superhero never been more fun (to be honest, "SUPER" is a big word, better to remove it)! Fantastic and bizarre characters, humor and plot twists. is here, it all started! XD Expand
  46. Dec 26, 2013
    And here it starts. One of the most memorable and best platformers. Every weapon and tool feels solid and responsible and are really fun to use. This gameplay will hook you. Some problems with the camera angel.
  47. Sep 25, 2012
    I loved this game. the only thing that was bad is that you couldn't strafe. not too much of a deal for me.
  48. Jan 12, 2013
    Ratchet & Clank's debut game was an instant classic. I hope, that someday Ratchet & Clank goes back to this game's direction. This game has atmosphere, what other Ratchet & Clank games doesn't have. I like the story and the characters in this game. Gameplay is fun and graphics are awesome. A great debut for one of the best video game series.
  49. Jul 23, 2013
    Such great memories! I loved these games so much, I can't praise this enough for any kid under 16 :)
    I think it should be pretty fun for an adult as well, but I wouldn't know. Great story, amazing gameplay, overall very balanced and fun game.
  50. Sis
    Sep 19, 2013
    All though it might not have the innovative gameplay, the improvements and the added on content, this still is my favorite game in the franchise and most likely my favorite game of all time. I think so because I think that it has the best music, best story, coolest weapons(Not best) and coolest characters. All though the sequels are totally awesome, they will never life up to the pure soulAll though it might not have the innovative gameplay, the improvements and the added on content, this still is my favorite game in the franchise and most likely my favorite game of all time. I think so because I think that it has the best music, best story, coolest weapons(Not best) and coolest characters. All though the sequels are totally awesome, they will never life up to the pure soul of the first Ratchet & Clank. Thank you, Insomniac Games for creating this masterpiece. Expand
  51. Sep 5, 2014
    This game was once a seed of what is now one of the greatest game series in my opinion. The humour, weird weapons, gadgets etc. help paved the way for future games' releases. The music is one of the best things about the game, and it's interesting to hear some of it in RC 3. The only problems I had, outweighed SIGNIFICANTLY by pros, included lack of strafing unless you used the thrusterThis game was once a seed of what is now one of the greatest game series in my opinion. The humour, weird weapons, gadgets etc. help paved the way for future games' releases. The music is one of the best things about the game, and it's interesting to hear some of it in RC 3. The only problems I had, outweighed SIGNIFICANTLY by pros, included lack of strafing unless you used the thruster pack, you couldn't move during a comet-strike, and the Quick Select never paused at ANY situation. They were solved in later games, but still, one cannot deny the awesomeness of the action here. Over a decade later, it still stays strong, and I'm looking forward to what happens next.

P.S.: I still play the PS2 classics to this day.
  52. Mar 31, 2014
    A good game with good gameplay, good characters and a good story. Not much replay value and the graphics could be a bit better, but still an enjoyable first game to a series.
  53. Jun 16, 2014
    es un buen juego buena jugabilidad buena historia buenos graficos para ser de ps2 es el mejor juego de su genero que jugue las armas son variables la historia me gusto todo es perfecto en este juego
  54. Aug 8, 2014
    God, do I love this game! It just might be the best one I've ever played! The likable characters, good storyline, creative creature, planet and equipment design, balanced difficulty and hidden secrets make me want to scream in joy everytime i see that spaceship fly around the Insomniac logo.
  55. Jun 10, 2015
    Ignore the collection, if you have a PS2, buy the original game on disc. The collection is buggy and doesn't feel as awesome.

The game is really fun, with awesome platforming and fantastic gadgets and weaponry. Easily one of the most memorable series for the PS2, and is sure to hit people with nostalgia of the console. My only complaint is that the strafing wasn't really perfected until Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded (or Going Commando in America). The controls aren't as great, and shooting can be a tough activity. The checkpoints are SO spread out at times, I thought that the checkpoints were broken in the crappy PS Vita version of the game. So, that can be infuriating (especially when you run out of ammo and money while trying to get far into the game). While it is definitely not as good as the second or the third game for me.
  56. Nov 21, 2014
    This is the first game that I ever played and finished. It's stuck with me all these years. The story is very well written, characters are interesting, levels are fantastic with things going on in the background, just simply amazing. I highly recommend that you try this out, it IS my favourite game of all time!!!
  57. Apr 15, 2016
    ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ Expand
  58. Apr 3, 2015
    A unique gem for the ps2, giving us a witty protagonist named Ratchet, the last of his race known as lombaxes, after he encounters an escaped robot deemed rouge named Clank. Ratchet and clanks quest will take them through many unique worlds, gaining new abilities a weapons to stop a mad business man from destroying your home world.
  59. Jan 6, 2016
    The game that started it all, Ratchet and Clank is one of the best third-person platformers in history. With an array of awesome weapons to unlock and use, wonderful planets to explore, brilliant gameplay, unique enemies and a brilliant story, this is a game that well deserves its praise. Like so many others right from the off, I found myself falling in love with both Ratchet and Clank andThe game that started it all, Ratchet and Clank is one of the best third-person platformers in history. With an array of awesome weapons to unlock and use, wonderful planets to explore, brilliant gameplay, unique enemies and a brilliant story, this is a game that well deserves its praise. Like so many others right from the off, I found myself falling in love with both Ratchet and Clank and feeling the addicting need to collect bolts. Expand
  60. Aug 10, 2015
    An phenomenal game, an absolute must have for any PS2 or PS3 owner. The gadgets are fun, the boss fights are intense, the characters are memorable, and it still holds up today. I hadn't gotten around to playing it until this year (13 years after launch) and I had an absolute blast. If I had to complain, Ratchet is awfully unlikable as a main character (This was fixed in the sequels) and myAn phenomenal game, an absolute must have for any PS2 or PS3 owner. The gadgets are fun, the boss fights are intense, the characters are memorable, and it still holds up today. I hadn't gotten around to playing it until this year (13 years after launch) and I had an absolute blast. If I had to complain, Ratchet is awfully unlikable as a main character (This was fixed in the sequels) and my deaths often felt pretty cheap. Overall, I loved it, and would recommend it to just about anyone. Expand
  61. Apr 12, 2016
    To make up the 2016 video game, I'm here giving this game a review. There's also an upcoming movie that seems to be based on these games. Ratchet & Clank is originality popping out of these guys' ideas. Literally the best game to play while waiting for the movie if you don't have a PS4. This is something you should also be playing if you have both a PS4 and a PS2 with you and you have thisTo make up the 2016 video game, I'm here giving this game a review. There's also an upcoming movie that seems to be based on these games. Ratchet & Clank is originality popping out of these guys' ideas. Literally the best game to play while waiting for the movie if you don't have a PS4. This is something you should also be playing if you have both a PS4 and a PS2 with you and you have this game and you're hoping to get the PS4 game. Expand
  62. Mar 19, 2016
    Most hilarious title ive played since i was 14, and i still would like to play it, the levels are awesome, the gameplay is awesome, i wouldnt call ratchet and clank just a kids game.
  63. Oct 8, 2016
    Ratchet & Clank is a action-adventure platform videogame, developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

+ Creative Weapons
    + Fun Gameplay
    + Variety Gameplay
  64. Sep 5, 2017
    Ratchet and Clank is a fantastic game. With awesome graphics, awesome gameplay, and hilarious jokes, there is no reason you should not buy this game in 2017, If you liked games like Mario 64, and Jak and Daxter, there is no reason why you should not pick this game up.
  65. Nov 1, 2016
    A really great game to start the series. Though the sequels were better, there is something special about this game. The only flaws that I can think of is sometimes it feels kind of slow, and if you don't have certain weapons at certain times, it can be a lot harder. Sometimes the checkpoints are in really inconvenient places. But the game overall is great. The weapons are fun to use, itA really great game to start the series. Though the sequels were better, there is something special about this game. The only flaws that I can think of is sometimes it feels kind of slow, and if you don't have certain weapons at certain times, it can be a lot harder. Sometimes the checkpoints are in really inconvenient places. But the game overall is great. The weapons are fun to use, it controls pretty well, and it has a lot of comedic moments. While not the best in the series, it's up there. Expand
  66. Nov 7, 2016
    Ratchet and clank is without a doubt my second favorite games in existence second only to Diablo 3 but ratchet and clank has some of the cleverest secrets I've seen in a video game I've seen in years the platforming is fun, the shooting is exhilarating, and the story is great as well.
  67. Jan 28, 2017
    The #1 game of my childhood, and the start to my favorite game series of all time. Platforming is simple and sweet and is made even more enjoyable by the highly detailed worlds it takes place in that for the time, were huger than anything that had ever been seen before. People criticize Ratchet's attitude mid game but to me, the fact that Insomniac tried to develop him in a time when thatThe #1 game of my childhood, and the start to my favorite game series of all time. Platforming is simple and sweet and is made even more enjoyable by the highly detailed worlds it takes place in that for the time, were huger than anything that had ever been seen before. People criticize Ratchet's attitude mid game but to me, the fact that Insomniac tried to develop him in a time when that wasn't done much with platforming heroes is admirable. I love the characters and explosive weapons, as well as the gadgets that mix up the game play and keep it fresh. The only thing that keeps it at an 8 for me is that it's out done by miles by it's sequels. Lack of strafing can become annoying, and the game doesn't pause when using the quick select. Making you a sitting duck whilst using it. Also Ratchet's double jump in this game lacks momentum and he in general can control a little sluggishly at times, as does the camera, but you only realize it as an issue when comparing it to future games in the series. These are little more than nitpicks though, as the explosive action and immersive living breathing worlds more than make up for the game's shortcomings. Top that off with quite a bit of replay value in the form of challenge mode, which offers even more things to acquire and use use than your initial playthrough of the game, and you have a highly addictive and masterfully crafted classic that will keep you coming back to it again and again. Just like it has for me since 2002. 8/10 Expand
  68. Jun 21, 2017
    The first original Ratchet and Clank game is a spiritual successor to Spyro, and considering how good the Spyro PSX trilogy was seeing a more gun-ho version on top of better camera, controls and platforming was pretty much a no brainer. Seeing the relationship of Racthet and Clank form over the course of the game is great and the low-brow socio-economic humor that bleeds through the game'sThe first original Ratchet and Clank game is a spiritual successor to Spyro, and considering how good the Spyro PSX trilogy was seeing a more gun-ho version on top of better camera, controls and platforming was pretty much a no brainer. Seeing the relationship of Racthet and Clank form over the course of the game is great and the low-brow socio-economic humor that bleeds through the game's one off characters really make the game feel unique. The Plumber is a particularly good one off that is so memorable its why he's in almost every RAC game after this.

The guns and combat is very fun and good although it suffered from not having a lock-on feature that the sequel would do on top of strafing that is half measured in this with the thruster pack. It's also a hard game where Ratchet can die very easily because his health is similar to Spyro's health with Sparx and not scaled on damage that the series would normalize. The weapons were definitely badass to use and the worlds, their music and characters all had their place and made them memorable despite the shortness each one was. Orxon, Veldin, Kerwan and Aridia are some of my favorite levels in the game and it shows how important the little things matter in the grander scheme of the game.

Criticisms I would have is perhaps is some levels are very difficult to navigate through (like the city where Ratchet must go solo due to a lightning storm that prevents Clank from leaving the ship), some enemies are more difficult and cumbersome to deal with and the Hologuise segments (while initially cool) are tedious than fun. It's a game worth recognizing however because it takes the platforming of Spyro and make the combat far more versatile and interesting.
  69. Aug 3, 2017
    Quite weak compared to the newer ones but still an awesome game. Ratchet was very unsympathetic and only 6 health points made this game really hard in some parts tho.
  70. Oct 9, 2017
    Super innovative game that really takes upgrading weapons to a new level. It's a super solid platformer that feels really nice to play and really satisfying to grind through. My only real criticism is that the non-platforming game modes aren't that great.

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#9 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

R & C's innovation comes in the form of all those crazy, non-gimmicky weapons and tools. This is a complex, polished platform gaming machine.
  2. One of the best platformers to hit the PS2, ever.
  3. The graphics, the busy environments, the interactivity... every element taken by itself it pretty praiseworthy, stick 'em all on the same disk and they add up to good things.