• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jan 7, 2002
8.2

1. Jul 21, 2011
    This was a sleeper and will always be in my book- Simply one of the most abstract concepts ever brought to life inside of a video game and even though its been years since its release- its one of the few I can still pick out amongst many others.
  2. Oct 3, 2010
    I can't believe the low reviews this game got. It is so amazing and fresh, I guess most people where not able to appreciate this game the same way that I did. It's a rare gem that is worth looking for.
  3. IvelinB.
    Sep 4, 2007
    Absolutely fabulous experience hardly matched by any other. A feast for your senses!!
  4. ArnoldL.
    Sep 28, 2005
    A perfect game. The most beatiful piece of art I've ever encountered in my life. Last stage is mindblowing, so is the Trancemission. If I had to pick only one PS2 title, it would definitely be REZ. This game changed the way I think and see the world. Go psychedelic and feel synaesthesia!
  5. AlexB.
    Jul 5, 2005
    In all honesty this is probably a 9 due to the restrictions of the genre it, someway, adheres to. But I will still insist on giving this game a 10 simply to get its average score up where it truly deserves to be. Rez is an experience like no other and rather than go on to explain the various complexaties of this gaming masterpiece I shall leave to with the simplistic and blindsighted one In all honesty this is probably a 9 due to the restrictions of the genre it, someway, adheres to. But I will still insist on giving this game a 10 simply to get its average score up where it truly deserves to be. Rez is an experience like no other and rather than go on to explain the various complexaties of this gaming masterpiece I shall leave to with the simplistic and blindsighted one most 'reviewers' insist on tarring it with. Rez is an on the rails shooter. What? Thats it! Well minimalism is a theme running through Rez but it carrys it off. Rez is still a tangible experience and its only midway through you realise you are experiencing something very special. Now, go buy it and save originality, flair and ingenious games from becoming extinct. Expand
  6. AbbasJ.
    Jun 14, 2005
    This is one of the more original games that i have played. The game is very enjoyable on a whole. You can just pick it up and play whenever.
  7. EdwinK.
    Nov 21, 2003
    One of the most original and most immersive games it has been my pleasure to play. Cudos!! When added with a trans vibrator this game truly comes alive.
  8. MattW.
    Mar 23, 2002
    Whoa. This game is amazing (even better on weed). I love the unique visual style, and the music is excellent (especially levels 4 and 5). Be warned of these things, though: #1. its too short (only 5 levels), #2. its severly lacking in the gameplay department, and #3. since the music plays such an important role in the game, you should definitely have a nice sound system if u want to get Whoa. This game is amazing (even better on weed). I love the unique visual style, and the music is excellent (especially levels 4 and 5). Be warned of these things, though: #1. its too short (only 5 levels), #2. its severly lacking in the gameplay department, and #3. since the music plays such an important role in the game, you should definitely have a nice sound system if u want to get the full experience. If you've got the hardware, i say this is a must buy. Expand
  9. SquallBoy
    Feb 27, 2002
    Excellent sound, very retro gameplay and graphics and heaps of extras. The best fun you can have on the PS2 currently.

1. In wishing to both typify and exaggerate the visual style of a bygone age, Rez ultimately commits the cardinal sin of placing graphics before gameplay – a facet attributable to SEGA's desire for the title to be seen as art.
  2. It’s the first shooter I’ve played that’s demanded not just my reflexes, but also my intuition. A trip worth taking. [Feb 2002, p.156]
  3. If you're in the mood for something that is decidedly different than other games on the market, Sega's quirky, abstract art-influenced shooter just might fit the bill.