Rez PlayStation 2

User Score
8.3

Generally favorable reviews- based on 28 Ratings

User score distribution:
  1. Positive: 21 out of 28
  2. Negative: 4 out of 28
Buy On

Review this game

  1. Your Score
    0 out of 10
    Rate this:
    • 10
    • 9
    • 8
    • 7
    • 6
    • 5
    • 4
    • 3
    • 2
    • 1
    • 0
    • 0
  1. Submit
  2. Check Spelling
  1. Nov 14, 2016
    10
    Was ist Rez? Ein Ballergame wie Panzer Dragon? Ein Musikgame? Oder doch ein Geschicklichkeitsgame wie Loco Roco? Nein es ist alles zusammen. Auch hier treffen Videospiel und Kunst aufeinander und wieder scheiden sich die Geister. Aber warscheinlich ist es einfach seiner Zeit weit voraus gewesen. Könnt ihr euch noch daran erinnern, als Handys nur Telefone waren? Und heute sind sie vielWas ist Rez? Ein Ballergame wie Panzer Dragon? Ein Musikgame? Oder doch ein Geschicklichkeitsgame wie Loco Roco? Nein es ist alles zusammen. Auch hier treffen Videospiel und Kunst aufeinander und wieder scheiden sich die Geister. Aber warscheinlich ist es einfach seiner Zeit weit voraus gewesen. Könnt ihr euch noch daran erinnern, als Handys nur Telefone waren? Und heute sind sie viel mehr. Telefon, Musikplayer, Internetzugang uvm. Was das mit Rez zu tun hat? Es vereint Spiel mit Musik und Kunst und verbindet so anstatt Technik, Leidenschaft miteinander. "Rez" ist Rausch. Du fühlst die Musik, siehst die Sounds, wirst eins mit dem Spiel. "Rez" ist viel mehr als nur ein Game, es ist ein Zustand. Expand
  2. Jun 10, 2014
    8
    Una experiencia visual y sonora como pocas veces se había visto en el mundo de los videojuegos. Sin duda uno de los grandes exponentes a la hora de defender que los videojuegos pueden ser una forma de arte.
  3. Jul 21, 2011
    10
    This was a sleeper and will always be in my book- Simply one of the most abstract concepts ever brought to life inside of a video game and even though its been years since its release- its one of the few I can still pick out amongst many others.
  4. Oct 3, 2010
    10
    I can't believe the low reviews this game got. It is so amazing and fresh, I guess most people where not able to appreciate this game the same way that I did. It's a rare gem that is worth looking for.
  5. IvelinB.
    Sep 4, 2007
    10
    Absolutely fabulous experience hardly matched by any other. A feast for your senses!!
  6. ArnoldL.
    Sep 28, 2005
    10
    A perfect game. The most beatiful piece of art I've ever encountered in my life. Last stage is mindblowing, so is the Trancemission. If I had to pick only one PS2 title, it would definitely be REZ. This game changed the way I think and see the world. Go psychedelic and feel synaesthesia!
  7. AlexB.
    Jul 5, 2005
    10
    In all honesty this is probably a 9 due to the restrictions of the genre it, someway, adheres to. But I will still insist on giving this game a 10 simply to get its average score up where it truly deserves to be. Rez is an experience like no other and rather than go on to explain the various complexaties of this gaming masterpiece I shall leave to with the simplistic and blindsighted one In all honesty this is probably a 9 due to the restrictions of the genre it, someway, adheres to. But I will still insist on giving this game a 10 simply to get its average score up where it truly deserves to be. Rez is an experience like no other and rather than go on to explain the various complexaties of this gaming masterpiece I shall leave to with the simplistic and blindsighted one most 'reviewers' insist on tarring it with. Rez is an on the rails shooter. What? Thats it! Well minimalism is a theme running through Rez but it carrys it off. Rez is still a tangible experience and its only midway through you realise you are experiencing something very special. Now, go buy it and save originality, flair and ingenious games from becoming extinct. Expand
  8. AbbasJ.
    Jun 14, 2005
    10
    This is one of the more original games that i have played. The game is very enjoyable on a whole. You can just pick it up and play whenever.
  9. EdwinK.
    Nov 21, 2003
    10
    One of the most original and most immersive games it has been my pleasure to play. Cudos!! When added with a trans vibrator this game truly comes alive.
  10. MattW.
    Mar 23, 2002
    9
    Whoa. This game is amazing (even better on weed). I love the unique visual style, and the music is excellent (especially levels 4 and 5). Be warned of these things, though: #1. its too short (only 5 levels), #2. its severly lacking in the gameplay department, and #3. since the music plays such an important role in the game, you should definitely have a nice sound system if u want to get Whoa. This game is amazing (even better on weed). I love the unique visual style, and the music is excellent (especially levels 4 and 5). Be warned of these things, though: #1. its too short (only 5 levels), #2. its severly lacking in the gameplay department, and #3. since the music plays such an important role in the game, you should definitely have a nice sound system if u want to get the full experience. If you've got the hardware, i say this is a must buy. Expand
  11. SquallBoy
    Feb 27, 2002
    10
    Excellent sound, very retro gameplay and graphics and heaps of extras. The best fun you can have on the PS2 currently.

Awards & Rankings

#55 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
Metascore
78

Generally favorable reviews - based on 34 Critics

Critic score distribution:
  1. Positive: 22 out of 34
  2. Negative: 1 out of 34
  1. In wishing to both typify and exaggerate the visual style of a bygone age, Rez ultimately commits the cardinal sin of placing graphics before gameplay – a facet attributable to SEGA's desire for the title to be seen as art.
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    78
    It’s the first shooter I’ve played that’s demanded not just my reflexes, but also my intuition. A trip worth taking. [Feb 2002, p.156]
  3. If you're in the mood for something that is decidedly different than other games on the market, Sega's quirky, abstract art-influenced shooter just might fit the bill.