• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Nov 5, 2003
8.8

1. RossK.
    Aug 26, 2008
    This severely underrated game deserves a lot more praise than it has received. This is a PERFECT representation of the original board game onto a video game console, with many extra features to make the somewhat monotonous original transform into a respectable single or multiplayer game. Detractors of the board game will find little in this title to like, but fans of Risk will be overjoyedThis severely underrated game deserves a lot more praise than it has received. This is a PERFECT representation of the original board game onto a video game console, with many extra features to make the somewhat monotonous original transform into a respectable single or multiplayer game. Detractors of the board game will find little in this title to like, but fans of Risk will be overjoyed by this adaptation. Expand
  2. TysonM.
    Aug 20, 2004
    Its a fun game to play if you have to do something in spurts because soon as your turn is done you can do something else while the computer is making its moves. (Check options for "fast defend")
  3. Mr.crazyface
    Apr 29, 2004
    The bomb.
  4. TonyG.
    Jan 27, 2004
    Not a bad game at all. But many ecpected much better for a game on a ps2. Awesome game that makes you keep coming back for more. Many things to do, and many medals to collect. A better rental than a buy....
  5. A.Adams
    Jan 7, 2004
    A solid new version of the original, however, the video game offers no advantage over the board game, other than a a.i. to play against. The battles are as lame as rolling a pair of dice (infact that's exactly what they are), it take way toooo long to scroll across the map to get to the region you want to select, and most of the a.i.'s comments are repeditive and only slow the A solid new version of the original, however, the video game offers no advantage over the board game, other than a a.i. to play against. The battles are as lame as rolling a pair of dice (infact that's exactly what they are), it take way toooo long to scroll across the map to get to the region you want to select, and most of the a.i.'s comments are repeditive and only slow the game down even more. Instead of buying the game, just use the money to bribe your friends into playing the original on the kitchen table. Expand
  6. Q.Dizza
    Dec 19, 2003
    Fantastic game! Just like the board game with cpu alter-ego's of the greatest historical warriors of all time. Good for those hard-core riskers that get to evil in the board game so that no one will play with them. You can always thump the computer.
  7. EJ
    Nov 24, 2003
    Hey David A., I think you should acctually think about what this game is. It prevents you from having you to beg forever for somone to play with you on the board game. And, you have the option of playing with the comp. or other people around the world.
  8. TaylorN.
    Nov 22, 2003
    Strategic games are for the strategic people and action games are for action people.
  9. ErnestM.
    Nov 20, 2003
    I've played every version of Risk that has ever been made on a computer or console (don't think for a moment that I'm kidding). This is the best yet! I give it a 9 only because I'm always hopeful that something better will come in the future. Until that time, play this one. I'll be the one to beat online!
  10. JF
    Nov 17, 2003
    I faced the same problem as Chris H. but this game is still cool enough to play alone without getting bored.
  11. ChevyC.
    Nov 17, 2003
    Great Game! Just Great! This is what RISK is supposed to be except that you don't need to take all night to do it and you don't have to feel your house with snack-vaccuums to have a multiplayer game. To answer the question posed to the reviewer below, check the bottom of page 4 of your manual. It's the last paragraph. I was a little confused at first too so don't feel bad.
  12. ChrisH.
    Nov 15, 2003
    Great game but does anybody else experience game flaw of not being able to view other players card with more then 3 people playing? Repeats player 1 cards for everyone.
  13. JonQpublic
    Nov 10, 2003
    Sooo... let me get this straight. The last reviewer gives the game a "0" because he doesn't get to watch tedious 3D battles that have NOTHING to do with the gameplay? Did I get this right? Here's what you DO get. A fantastic version of the classic boardgame that delivers a challenging AI opponent when you can't find somebody to play with. It also gives you the ability to Sooo... let me get this straight. The last reviewer gives the game a "0" because he doesn't get to watch tedious 3D battles that have NOTHING to do with the gameplay? Did I get this right? Here's what you DO get. A fantastic version of the classic boardgame that delivers a challenging AI opponent when you can't find somebody to play with. It also gives you the ability to play over the net with voice chat (so you may not need the AI all that often). Excellent game. Expand
  14. DavidA.
    Nov 7, 2003
    The game does not portray vivid 3-D enviroments when you star a battle. It should show the soldiers lined up next to each other in a cinematic view. It does not, instead it shows one piece fighting another. and I played ten games and thought unlocking the realistic map would take care of this. But the battle sequences are the same and boring. Do not buy this game If you think battles come The game does not portray vivid 3-D enviroments when you star a battle. It should show the soldiers lined up next to each other in a cinematic view. It does not, instead it shows one piece fighting another. and I played ten games and thought unlocking the realistic map would take care of this. But the battle sequences are the same and boring. Do not buy this game If you think battles come to life in all different views, because the don't. Another thing there is no tips or any way to change the battle views that I know of. If anybody knows please say something otherwise this game really is terrible, with ps2 graphics I am sure they could have had alot better battle views than this kiddish design. Its a zero risk 2 blows this game in the weeds. Expand
  15. ElRus
    Nov 7, 2003
    Fantastic port of a classic board game!
  16. JohnK.
    Oct 27, 2003
    I cant wait, I hardly ever buy reserves, but I will on this one.

1. Visually, there may not be much to get excited about, but it is efficient and works as an introduction to the intricacies of the game for newcomers.
    There is absolutely no advantage to playing this game since even the single-player game is an eye-gouging, horribly monotonous experience.
  3. A solid board game conversion.