Risk: Global Domination PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Nov 5, 2003
8.8

1. ElRus
    Nov 7, 2003
    Fantastic port of a classic board game!
  2. TysonM.
    Aug 20, 2004
    Its a fun game to play if you have to do something in spurts because soon as your turn is done you can do something else while the computer is making its moves. (Check options for "fast defend")
  3. JonQpublic
    Nov 10, 2003
    Sooo... let me get this straight. The last reviewer gives the game a "0" because he doesn't get to watch tedious 3D battles that have NOTHING to do with the gameplay? Did I get this right? Here's what you DO get. A fantastic version of the classic boardgame that delivers a challenging AI opponent when you can't find somebody to play with. It also gives you the ability to Sooo... let me get this straight. The last reviewer gives the game a "0" because he doesn't get to watch tedious 3D battles that have NOTHING to do with the gameplay? Did I get this right? Here's what you DO get. A fantastic version of the classic boardgame that delivers a challenging AI opponent when you can't find somebody to play with. It also gives you the ability to play over the net with voice chat (so you may not need the AI all that often). Excellent game. Expand
  4. TaylorN.
    Nov 22, 2003
    Strategic games are for the strategic people and action games are for action people.
  5. JohnK.
    Oct 27, 2003
    I cant wait, I hardly ever buy reserves, but I will on this one.
  6. RossK.
    Aug 26, 2008
    This severely underrated game deserves a lot more praise than it has received. This is a PERFECT representation of the original board game onto a video game console, with many extra features to make the somewhat monotonous original transform into a respectable single or multiplayer game. Detractors of the board game will find little in this title to like, but fans of Risk will be overjoyedThis severely underrated game deserves a lot more praise than it has received. This is a PERFECT representation of the original board game onto a video game console, with many extra features to make the somewhat monotonous original transform into a respectable single or multiplayer game. Detractors of the board game will find little in this title to like, but fans of Risk will be overjoyed by this adaptation. Collapse
  7. JF
    Nov 17, 2003
    I faced the same problem as Chris H. but this game is still cool enough to play alone without getting bored.
  8. ChevyC.
    Nov 17, 2003
    Great Game! Just Great! This is what RISK is supposed to be except that you don't need to take all night to do it and you don't have to feel your house with snack-vaccuums to have a multiplayer game. To answer the question posed to the reviewer below, check the bottom of page 4 of your manual. It's the last paragraph. I was a little confused at first too so don't feel bad.
  9. ErnestM.
    Nov 20, 2003
    I've played every version of Risk that has ever been made on a computer or console (don't think for a moment that I'm kidding). This is the best yet! I give it a 9 only because I'm always hopeful that something better will come in the future. Until that time, play this one. I'll be the one to beat online!
  10. EJ
    Nov 24, 2003
    Hey David A., I think you should acctually think about what this game is. It prevents you from having you to beg forever for somone to play with you on the board game. And, you have the option of playing with the comp. or other people around the world.
  11. Q.Dizza
    Dec 19, 2003
    Fantastic game! Just like the board game with cpu alter-ego's of the greatest historical warriors of all time. Good for those hard-core riskers that get to evil in the board game so that no one will play with them. You can always thump the computer.
  12. TonyG.
    Jan 27, 2004
    Not a bad game at all. But many ecpected much better for a game on a ps2. Awesome game that makes you keep coming back for more. Many things to do, and many medals to collect. A better rental than a buy....
  13. Mr.crazyface
    Apr 29, 2004
    The bomb.

#80 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. Visually, there may not be much to get excited about, but it is efficient and works as an introduction to the intricacies of the game for newcomers.
    There is absolutely no advantage to playing this game since even the single-player game is an eye-gouging, horribly monotonous experience.
  3. A solid board game conversion.