• Publisher: Midway
  • Release Date: Dec 11, 2001
8.7

1. Feb 4, 2012
    Very impressive game. It's story is one of the best in RPG history, in my opinion. It's battle system is classic turn-based with a little twist by use of a thing called the "Judgement Ring". You WILL get attached to the characters. The soundtrack is fantastic and fits the game so well. One of the best game soundtracks I've ever heard. The game graphics are a bit lacking but it was made in 2001 on the PS2. For it's time, the graphics were great. Just one of the little quirks that I'd like to mention, you travel to actual places in the countries of China and Europe in game. Has two different endings depending on certain choices you make. One of my favorite games of all time! There will never be another game like this one, in my opinion. I wish there more RPGs like this now. Collapse
  2. Aug 19, 2012
    An amazing RPG! The story is compelling and emotional, the combat is creative and fun, and the music is stunning. My only problems is that the graphics look a bit dated, there is little voice acting, and when there is voice acting, it is absolutely terrible. Other than that, this is an RPG you need to check out!
  3. Dec 13, 2012
    Truly a fantastic horror RPG. A jaw dropping intro (at least it was at the time,) unique and well design characters, beautiful visuals and truely an interesting idea for a combat system, which is a little frustrating at first, but once you get the hang of it, a sheer pleasure. Overall: One of the best RPGs on the PS2 that should be tried by everyone.
  4. Feb 4, 2012

1. Shadow Hearts’ enthralling plot and superb combat system make this one a keeper. Did I mention the micro-skirted heroine?
    This story and this world deserved to be supported by better graphics and game design.
  3. The game is nothing if not involving. A story with real depth, actual humor and pathos, and some dramatic and frightening moments is something you don't see everyday - and even more rare in RPG's.