• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Feb 8, 2005
8.1

1. Maximus
    Feb 22, 2005
    One of the best games i ever played.
  2. RickW.
    Feb 10, 2005
    Great game. The stealth part isn't as annoying as many say it is and the fighting, with Agrippa, is probably the most fun I've had playing any video game, on any console, in the last 5 years. Awesome job Capcom. Long live Agrippa!!!
  3. JimmyD.
    Feb 1, 2005
    Excellent graphics, music, voice-overs... camera is only slightly annoying (nothing we havent gotten used to before)..and the story is very solid..combining stealth, swordplay, beat-em-ups and some problem solving...this is a very solid title that keeps you wanting to play on...
  4. GregoireF.
    Feb 2, 2005
    This game is marvellous... The gladiator fights are crazy intense and the adventure/infiltration part is very nice to play. My best peek since MGS3...
  5. XextusPompeius
    Feb 3, 2005
    i plaied a trial version of; SHADOW OF ROME. too exciting to play. but i am little worried about part of sneak action, it is not included in a trial version.
  6. MichealW.
    Mar 10, 2005
    this is one of the bloodiest games on the market. even more deadlier than tenchu....not only can you cut off heads and limbs but you can use them as weapons and even throw them into the crowds for more points. even max panye 1 not 2 gets drinched in S.O.R. bloodshed.
  7. LeoJ.
    Apr 7, 2005
    Great.
  8. JohnQ.
    Jan 25, 2005
    This game is excellent. It brings a whole new genre of the fighting/adventure games. The combo moves are devistating extremely fun to watch and learn. There is a lot of bloodshed and the game can be repetitive at times but through and through its a great game. Though the fighting is a lot alike, the storyline keeps you on the edge of your seet the entire time. The levels change, game This game is excellent. It brings a whole new genre of the fighting/adventure games. The combo moves are devistating extremely fun to watch and learn. There is a lot of bloodshed and the game can be repetitive at times but through and through its a great game. Though the fighting is a lot alike, the storyline keeps you on the edge of your seet the entire time. The levels change, game modes change, the characters change and most importantly in a fighting game, the weapons. The different styles on weaponry are in wide categories, anything from sheilds to the great halebird you can always find some awesome combos to inflict on an enemy. I think its definetly worth the money if your favorite genre is a fighting/adventure game that will keep you guessing. The game is not completely historicly accurate but its still on of the best fighting games ive played in a long time. Expand
  9. HaarisK.
    Feb 7, 2005
    The action in this game is really nice. A real sleeper hit in my opinion. Good job by Capcom on this one. Will hold me off till DMC 3
  10. JJJames
    Mar 3, 2005
    I think its the best game of the year.
  11. NeutralMilk
    Mar 4, 2005
    Friends, Romans, Gamers- lend me your controllers!! Shadow of Rome has finally been released on PS2 after much anticipation since its E3 preview. Capcom thrusts you into an all too realistic reincarnation of ancient Rome amidst the assassination of Julius Caesar setting the backdrop for a gory adventure with the direction of an empire resting on your shoulders- but not yours alone. Friends, Romans, Gamers- lend me your controllers!! Shadow of Rome has finally been released on PS2 after much anticipation since its E3 preview. Capcom thrusts you into an all too realistic reincarnation of ancient Rome amidst the assassination of Julius Caesar setting the backdrop for a gory adventure with the direction of an empire resting on your shoulders- but not yours alone. Utilizing unique character switching Shadow of Rome enlists the brute centurion Agrippa and the brainier, shall we say slimmer, Octavianus to give the title a duality of fighting and stealth that enhances game play and the plot. I have read positive reviews for the game but some critics were unsatisfied with the stealth missions but I think they are a welcome respite to constant carnage and added a smarter edge to the game while reminding me of the Metal Gear Solid series at its finest. Besides those comments were probably because the game flat out rules and gamers were having too much fun being rambunctious with Agrippa Expand
  12. BobbyR.
    Feb 22, 2005
    This is a great game. I would give it game of the year.
  13. NatronD.
    Mar 3, 2005
    The stealth parts ain't as bad as some lame crits are sayin. There is an ingame map that shows everything! Why are they whining about stealth? It's a lot easier to see where I'm going and where I needs to go than SnakeEater which I like both though. But the reason to get Shadow of Rome is the fighting. It is a gladiator meatgrinder! And all those arena levels are fun to The stealth parts ain't as bad as some lame crits are sayin. There is an ingame map that shows everything! Why are they whining about stealth? It's a lot easier to see where I'm going and where I needs to go than SnakeEater which I like both though. But the reason to get Shadow of Rome is the fighting. It is a gladiator meatgrinder! And all those arena levels are fun to replay! This game is great. It has cult classic stamped all over it. Only thing I would add is more unlockable crap. Who in hell want to play through entire game 8 times just to get enough silver coins to buy all merchant crap? I just want to earns golds in all arenas. I would also add a few more chariot races. Expand
  14. FranciscoP.
    Nov 21, 2005
    The game is just excellent, the story everything I liked it a lot
  15. Nov 3, 2010
    The scores for this were way undeserved. Definitely one of the PS2's excellent titles. The story is well implemented, personally I thought the Stealth was well done and the arena fighting is brilliant, especially the feeling of having a giant Halbard to swing around and around while the crowd cheer on. Also I like the way the game is split into two different characters for the StealthThe scores for this were way undeserved. Definitely one of the PS2's excellent titles. The story is well implemented, personally I thought the Stealth was well done and the arena fighting is brilliant, especially the feeling of having a giant Halbard to swing around and around while the crowd cheer on. Also I like the way the game is split into two different characters for the Stealth and Action.

One of the PS2's excellent underated gems which is definitely worth picking up.
  16. Jan 31, 2011
    I am not a big blood fan. but this game inspite of violence was amazing. the puzzles are fun and challenging. sneaking around and straggling people to avoid being killed. then you switch sides to your partner and beat the **** out of another guy! duel play for 2 completely different gameplays. i would reccomend thi8s game to ANYONE.
  17. Aug 22, 2013
    a really amazing and underrated game this game has one of the most interesting and amazing plot in games and it is so bloody specially in the arena sections and it has some nice stealth game play in the end a really good interesting game

1. The brutality of the battles is Shadow Of Rome’s saviour, ensuring the joys of arena battles outshine the gloom of the needless padding and provide guilty thrills that little else can offer. [Feb 2005, p.95]
  2. Packs some of the most brutal hand-to-hand combat ever, and there's plenty of story and intrigue to conveniently justify all the gory violence.
    It's regrettably hindered by below-average stealth elements. The result is a game that oozes potential but ultimately fails to deliver greatness.