• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Sep 24, 2001
  • Also On: PC
9.0

1. Oct 2, 2014
    This game is too scary to be good. Anybody who say's this game is good is out of their minds. Other than that it's a perfect game, but because of how scary it is, I can't give it any higher than a 0 or 1 out of 10.
  2. Mike
    Jan 20, 2002
    This was the worst game that I have ever played. When I read good reviews about this game I wonder if the other reviewers actually played silent hill 2. Coming off of metal gear solid 2 I was increadibly disapointed. Can someone even explain to me what created the monsters in silent hill 2. If you are playing it, just run from the monsters because it is not even worth killing them. I This was the worst game that I have ever played. When I read good reviews about this game I wonder if the other reviewers actually played silent hill 2. Coming off of metal gear solid 2 I was increadibly disapointed. Can someone even explain to me what created the monsters in silent hill 2. If you are playing it, just run from the monsters because it is not even worth killing them. I could not stand the graphics. If a chair was in front of a door you could not open it. In real life you would move the chair. If you swing with the pipe, instead of hitting the wall it goes right through it. Walking down the street at night all you could see was the yellow lines on the road...how could anyone call that good graphics. Anyone who thought this game was good go play metal gear solid 2...no comparison...not even a little...SILENT HILL 2 is the absolute worst. Graphics stink, control of the character stinks, I still don't understand the story....after finishing the game. Expand
  3. PaulB.
    Jan 4, 2002
    Bland to a certain degree, somewhat tiresome one might say, irratating say others, I say it is a safe homie!
  4. B.Will
    Dec 29, 2001
    It's no fun at all. The time limit is too short, so it is almost impossible to get the feel for it.
  5. Aug 12, 2014
    Falls extremely short of my expectations. Not bad, still scary, but nowhere near as scary as everybody makes it out to be. I'm extremely disappointed with it but it still has managed to get me to jump a few times. Wouldn't recommend it to any seasoned horror game/movie fan.
  6. Dec 13, 2015
    I don't know why, it just doesn't seem interesting to me at all. The story is not anything to get shocked with. It seems to me like just the one of the "better games" back in the time it was released. But I am not going to give this a good review just because it's one of the first good games. Because it is absolutely boring, voice acting sucks and the story just seems a bit exaggerated.I don't know why, it just doesn't seem interesting to me at all. The story is not anything to get shocked with. It seems to me like just the one of the "better games" back in the time it was released. But I am not going to give this a good review just because it's one of the first good games. Because it is absolutely boring, voice acting sucks and the story just seems a bit exaggerated. And fighting those monsters for all the time gets very not enjoyable. Expand

#4 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#7 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. While Silent Hill 2 retains the same basic format of the original, the story is decidedly more coherent and the graphics have been upgraded immeasurably.
    Quite simply, mature PS2 owners craving a creepy game that's perfect for playing with the lights out and speakers cranked, pick up a copy of Silent Hill 2 and you will not be disappointed. Clean underwear not included.
  3. The game is one of the longer offerings Konami has offered on PS2 to date...[but] you'll still be left wanting more when the game is over.