• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Feb 21, 2006
  • Also On: PC
6.8

1. Apr 26, 2012
    This is similar to kart racers, but this futuristic racing style succeeds for the most part. The racing options and the story are very amusing fun.
  2. Feb 21, 2013
    This game has a very interesting spin on the kart racing genre. I like that they didnt go with generic kart racer and went with some new, and quite interesting ideas. however, the controls and overall design hold this game back from being great, and make it more of a lackluster title, which wont quite give you hours upon hours of fun. This game is still fun and enjoyable, but it couldve been excecuted better. I got my copy at a Gian Tiger brand new for $5.77, so i definitely got my moneys worth, but i wouldnt pay anymore than 10$ for this experience. For racing and sonic fans only. If you arent a fan of either, id stay well away. Personally, I think this is a cool game, but it could have been done much better. Expand
  3. May 5, 2011
    Though Sonic Riders "looks" great, it feels wonky. Pros: Fantastic visuals; glossy soundtrack; overall, it is a stylish racer that has some good ideas. Cons: The turbulence sequences can eliminate your chances of winning the race; quirky controls; track designs range between peculiar and frustrating.
  4. May 19, 2011
    Even at "super Sonic" speed, Sonic Riders feels sluggish. Pros: Flashy visuals; glossy soundtrack; overall, it's a stylish racer that has some good ideas. Cons: The turbulence system frequently robs you of gameplay; wonky controls; poor track designs; frustrating mechanics and AI.

1. The series’ most notable feature – unparalleled speed – was somehow lost on this installment. Frustration prevails, an element I hope is excluded from all future Sonic releases.
  2. While not the deepest racer, the game has speedy thrills and frantic multiplayer action that help bring Sonic's usual racing antics and signature speed to the sky.
    Sonic is one of the fastest videogame mascots alive, so why has he been made to ride a sluggish snowboard in this new racer?