• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 25, 2005
8.1

1. Aug 24, 2013
    this game is so good and so addictive and it is as well challenging and has a lot of gore and blood and it would have been an awesome game but for it came after god of war so it found a great rival that it can't beat
  2. MJR
    Apr 29, 2011
    I loved this game. I spent hours playing it simply because it was fun. Is it the greatest game ever? No, not even close. But that doesn't matter because it plays well and is a lot of fun. It takes away the constant grind of just hacking and slashing by giving a huge variety of weapons and special powers without being overwhelming and it has good objectives which are fun to accomplish. Speaking of which I think I'm going to go and set it up right now. Expand
  3. Mar 18, 2014
    This game is by far the best game that came ever out on the ps2, lots of actions and challenging missions, THEY NEED TO DO A REMAKE FOR PS4 !! Creative Assembly !!
  4. Jun 27, 2014
    When I was younger around 6th or 7th grade. I played this game for a very long time. I might haVE HAD OVER 1000+ HOURS. This and Shadow of Rome.

I also played and still do play, ALL of the Total War games ever made. Even, "'War Warlord" and Viking. Much love to C.A.

I trust you'll never release a game in such a mess like you did with Rome: Total War 2 ever again. I hope you've
    learned your lesson people are mad redeem yourselves. Expand

1. The problem with the game, though, is being the only soldier in an army of thousands who's able to do the most basic things - open doors, light fuses, fire arrows. It gets old extremely fast. [Nov 2005, p.76]
  2. The boss fights are frustrating to the point of idiocy, and are made worse by the annoying checkpoint system... It sure beats the hell out of another "Dynasty Warriors" retreat, though. [Oct 2005, p.119]
  3. It only betrays itself completely once – in a dismally conventional boss battle around halfway through – though at times Spartan threatens to become routine, it never does, thanks to its strong character, handsome looks and sheer, irrepressible verve. [Nov 2005, p.96]