9.0

Jun 13, 2004
    SSX 3 rocks.
  2. DanA
    Dec 20, 2006
    I've been an SSX fan for quite some time now. But never has a game blown me away in the manner SSX 3 did. Completely over the top. Fun characters, fantastic gameplay, custom stats system, being able to customize your characters, and the sheer variety and amount of content in this game is a sight to behold.
  3. Oct 3, 2010
    Even after having played the past two games and being amazed by them I still found this game to add enough new features to hook me up all over again. Would definitely recommend to anyone.
  4. Jan 14, 2011
    The best extreme sports game in video game history!!!!! Also, the game is very good because of the uber tricks and the best arenas to play in and all of the characters are awesome.
  5. Adam
    Aug 1, 2005
    I gave this game a 10 because i like computers.
  6. WilliamH.
    Oct 26, 2003
    I own all of the SSX games and by far this one is the best. BUY IT!
  7. EanS.
    Oct 27, 2003
    Having owned the previous two games, I had to buy this one. I can honestly say it was worth the wait... It is a must own! Don't listen to bad points by the critics, because there are none.
  8. Kyle
    Oct 27, 2003
    This game is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very Good.
  9. gNARly161
    Mar 29, 2004
    The overall game play was cool, but story mode sucked, and the tricks blew. I am more of a TRICKY fan.
  10. KyleK.
    Nov 23, 2003
    Wow. wat can i say wicked loads better than ssx. Graphics are good and wicked moves. Love it.
  11. ScottF.
    Dec 2, 2003
    WOW, this game is incredible. This game will consume you. I have only had it a few days and can't believe how much better it is than the other two in the series. Don't get me wrong, I thought the other two were great but this one just pounds them into the ground. This may be the most addicting game I have ever played. I need to stop writing this review and go play it!!!
  12. MikeJ.
    Oct 25, 2003
    WOW this game is good!!! It's really really good. The music Rocks the controls are smooth, and it's in a more real life format than the other two games. Basically it's split up into 3 peaks, the 1st is where you start and you can just free ride down the mountain or you could do the race, the "slopestyle" (a.ka. the trick session), big air, which is just huge jumps, and WOW this game is good!!! It's really really good. The music Rocks the controls are smooth, and it's in a more real life format than the other two games. Basically it's split up into 3 peaks, the 1st is where you start and you can just free ride down the mountain or you could do the race, the "slopestyle" (a.ka. the trick session), big air, which is just huge jumps, and super pipe which is just a halfpipe on caffeine. Even if you are not a snowboarding/sports fan you'll LOVE this game. Expand
  13. BonehoChane
    Jan 3, 2004
    This game is really wild. It might be the most wild game out there. Imagin speeding down a huge hill with a snowboard strapped to your feet when you ride off a ramp and pull off a five misty flips while air over a 20 story building and land on a rail. Well, with SSX3 that can become just one of the hundreds of spectactular moments that can occur. The graphics are very colorful. The This game is really wild. It might be the most wild game out there. Imagin speeding down a huge hill with a snowboard strapped to your feet when you ride off a ramp and pull off a five misty flips while air over a 20 story building and land on a rail. Well, with SSX3 that can become just one of the hundreds of spectactular moments that can occur. The graphics are very colorful. The controls are the same as the last two games: simple. This game also has the best music ever in a videogame. With Andy Hunter's Go, an awesome remix of Red Hot Chili Pepper's Higher Ground, and another awesome remix of NERD's Rock Star makes the soundtrack my favorite. Buy this game, it's couldn't be more fun. Expand
  14. JakeS.
    Feb 3, 2004
    Just awsome, music is fantastic and, hard to believe it may seem, dwarfs SSX Tricky when the two are compared.
    May 13, 2004
    Best snowboarding game ever. The levels are great. The music is great. The graphics are great. The gameplay is great. Everything is great about this game.
  16. EdV.
    Jun 23, 2004
    Love this game it's almost flawless except for the online mode the only letdown. don't get me wrong online is great fun but very bad lag problems which could have been easily sorted and only 2 player.
  17. VinnieH.
    Jul 19, 2004
    This game rocks the story mode mode is my dream what a game compare it to ssx tricky and ill laugh thanx ea 4 bringing this out!
  18. JohnB.
    May 17, 2005
    Easily my favorite game for the PS2. The final challenge which links all three peaks from top to bottom is a work of staggering genius... 30 minutes of continuous boarding and not a single repetition of scenery... no load pauses... totally fluid... staggering.
  19. TaiwoO.
    May 20, 2005
    This game and it's characters are fantastic. The shredding, the moves, the intensity is just great.
  20. SibhiR.
    Nov 17, 2003
    Simply amazing.
  21. AllyG.
    Very addictive!!!
  22. Jeremy
    Nov 2, 2003
    Okay, but could really have done more to live up to the "conquer the mountain" exploration-type theme. Too many "out of bounds"! Should be more like GTA's Liberty & Vice Cities: full mountain to explore; day-night cycle; variable weather; other snowboarders/skiiers; some kind of assistance for those new to the series (very different to the THPS way of doing tricks).
  23. BretP.
    Nov 25, 2003
    Superior to SSX:Tricky in all ways, love this game. I can't believe I am saying this but I kinda miss the 'tricky' song from the last game though.
  24. AlfredM.
    Nov 6, 2003
    Every snowboarding game compared to SSX3 is gonna be like a joke next to it. This game is the BEST snowboarding game i've absolutely ever played!!!
  25. Soawesome
    Oct 21, 2003
    ¿Who wouldn't like this game? To put it simply, its awesome!!
  26. JoeBlow
    Oct 21, 2003
    Its sweet.
  27. RickG.
    Oct 23, 2003
    Best Playstation2 game to date, snowboarding or otherwise. The attention to detail is incredible. The graphics are easily the best the system has ever seen. Everything - interface, load screens, crash animation, you name it - has been done at such a high level it makes everything else look like an old Atari 2600 game. Absolutely incredible.
  28. TysonB.
    Feb 13, 2004
    This is the best extreme sports game ever period. On big sequels like these i breakdown the whole game. On the plus side the presentation is just excellent, the loads of extras and unlockables characters make it just awesome, the graphics are amazing, and it could take you 100 hours before you get tired of it. The only thing that is on the negative side is EA doesn't have any plans This is the best extreme sports game ever period. On big sequels like these i breakdown the whole game. On the plus side the presentation is just excellent, the loads of extras and unlockables characters make it just awesome, the graphics are amazing, and it could take you 100 hours before you get tired of it. The only thing that is on the negative side is EA doesn't have any plans yet for making a ssx 4. This is an awesome game. Expand
  29. DavidH.
    Feb 22, 2004
    Psymon Rocks.
  30. SteveW.
    Aug 29, 2004
    An Extremly Good Game Im Not A Fan Of These Games Nor Do I Own Any Of The Predessors But This Game Is Highly Addictive With Lots Of Depth And So Many Things To Unlock You'll Be Playing This For Years To Come A Class Game.
  31. CarlosB.
    Cool game.
  32. SSXFreak
    Nov 18, 2003
    Listen, I only have the original SSX! but that game alone i would give an almost perfect score. just thinking of the 3rd in the series makes me want to give it a ten you can only imagine how awesome this game must really be!!!!
  33. MJS.
    Nov 18, 2003
    If i could i would give it a 13 this game is something that will cause sleep loss through out the world. my siter loves it and she hate video games... although im a bit dissapointed they got rid of jp and brodi. but who cares i love the new characters. This game is going to start riots of complaining parents ;) i wont sleep till x-mas.
  34. Nov 22, 2010
    SSX 3 completely transformed my life. I spent 10 hours one time on it, only stopping for toilet breaks. The controls are amazingly simple, the tricks are crazy and you can practically give it to anyone and overnight, they can slaughter you at it. The final race is hard, but addictive! Even now, I STILL haven't completed it. The customizing options may be overwhelming at first, but allSSX 3 completely transformed my life. I spent 10 hours one time on it, only stopping for toilet breaks. The controls are amazingly simple, the tricks are crazy and you can practically give it to anyone and overnight, they can slaughter you at it. The final race is hard, but addictive! Even now, I STILL haven't completed it. The customizing options may be overwhelming at first, but all worries quickly subside. The courses are also brilliant. Even now, the graphics can hold a candle to some other games. And the music is some of the best in ANY game. JERK IT OUT, MAN! SSX 3 is the best installment in the series, and it is a shame they stopped making them after Blur. SSX 3 is the best snowboarding game, and one of the best overall games, that money can buy. It deserves this 10, No Doubt. Do you see what I did there? Heh. Expand
  35. Mar 27, 2012
    This is the best snowboarding game that I have ever played. With the perfect amount of challenge and fluent gameplay, nothing can really go wrong here.
  36. Aug 14, 2017
    This game is so much fun. Whether it is the racing or the freestyle events, they are a blast to play the first time, and are a blast to play the tenth time. The races give you shortcuts to discover and really give you the feeling of snowboarding down at high speed. The freestyle events first let you figure out how to do basic tricks, then you'll try to get some bronze medals. As you playThis game is so much fun. Whether it is the racing or the freestyle events, they are a blast to play the first time, and are a blast to play the tenth time. The races give you shortcuts to discover and really give you the feeling of snowboarding down at high speed. The freestyle events first let you figure out how to do basic tricks, then you'll try to get some bronze medals. As you play more of the game, you will get better and discover ways to get more points out of your tricks. Then you can go back to previous freestyle events (and races) to get better medals. You'll be frustrated when you retry a race for the fifth time, you'll be proud when you finally get that gold medal, you'll be mad at yourself for misjudging a jump and you'll be overjoyed when you finally get that high score. All in all, I enjoyed every minute of this wonderful game. Expand
  37. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is my favourite sports game ever... better than Tony Hawks franchise, amazing soundtrack, open world character customization awesome courses probably my most played game on PS2
  38. May 4, 2015
    I popped this game in the other day to see if it was as fun as I remembered it being when I was younger. It most certainly is. A game doesn't have to really be anything more than fun and no better game can testify to that than SSX 3.
  39. Jun 8, 2015
    Still one of my all time favorite games. I used to waste countless hours on this as a kid, and was constantly entertained. I decided to pick it up again, and even 12 years after its release it still holds up. It still is a ton of fun, and I still get a rush from getting massive scores on the half-pipes. Love this game. We need another sequel soon.
  40. Aug 2, 2014
    If you have a Gamecube. You must have this game. It doesn't matter if you even like snowboarding, this game is VERY fun. A large mountain to explore, decent graphics for the time, a customizable radio, and TONS of unlockables, this game is too much fun. With lots of places to explore and tons of cool tricks, hours can be spent playing this game trying to get to a new shortcut or evenIf you have a Gamecube. You must have this game. It doesn't matter if you even like snowboarding, this game is VERY fun. A large mountain to explore, decent graphics for the time, a customizable radio, and TONS of unlockables, this game is too much fun. With lots of places to explore and tons of cool tricks, hours can be spent playing this game trying to get to a new shortcut or even unlocking secret characters and new peaks. Even after a long time this game never looses its fun. Expand
  41. Dec 17, 2014
    Honestly one of the best games iv'e ever played. This game is so beautiful you'll get lost in the scenery. The Characters a lovable to this day I still love Viggo. The tricks you can pull of are outstanding and just mind blowing. Its. Just. Amazing.
  42. Jan 19, 2016
    Aside from Undertale, I think this is the only game ever made and that ever will be made I'll give a 10/10. I can literally say NOTHING bad about it. This game is completely addictive and will have you going back to those Peak Runs, trying to better your high scores. It looks FANTASTIC for a 2003 game and it doesn't look half-bad today, and the soundtrack remains one of the best licensedAside from Undertale, I think this is the only game ever made and that ever will be made I'll give a 10/10. I can literally say NOTHING bad about it. This game is completely addictive and will have you going back to those Peak Runs, trying to better your high scores. It looks FANTASTIC for a 2003 game and it doesn't look half-bad today, and the soundtrack remains one of the best licensed soundtracks ever (if bettered by anything, MAYBE THPS3 and that's about it) with fantastic tracks like Yellowcard's Way Away, Placebo's The Bitter End, and even a remix of The Faint's Glass Danse. The controls are tight and your uber tricks can be customized to your liking. The boards and equipment you choose, unlike SSX Tricky, do not effect your stats. There are some people who like that and some who don't. I'm fine with it as I only ever chose based on how they look anyway. Overall, it's hard to sum up SSX. Maybe screaming "M-M-M-M-MONSTER TRICK" repeatedly will do it? Expand
  43. Sep 27, 2017
    The best sports game ever made and one of the greatest video games of all time.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 has got nothing on this game. Everything about this game is perfect. This was made during the "Golden Age of EA" from 2002-2007. EA may be a corporate cash cow now but back in the early 2000s, they were the game changers. This is one of my childhood classics. The graphics are
    The best sports game ever made and one of the greatest video games of all time.

The graphics are perfect. The mountain, weather and environment effects are outstanding and so beautiful to look at. This got an Oscar nomination for special visual effects in interactive entertainment as a result. The soundtrack is one of the greatest licensed soundtracks of all time aside from GTA: Vice City which came out a year before. I love the soundtrack. I get so many childhood flashbacks from playing the game and the soundtrack. It means so much to me.

The gameplay is what made the game so beloved by many gamers as it was so ahead of its time and still holds up to this day. So much exploration for collectibles and doing BIG challenges on the 3 peaks whenever you wanted. You could buy a lot of stuff in the shop like posters, videos, toys, attire, cards, special tricks, buy and unlock the classic characters from the previous games and upgrade yourself to become SSX champion. It led to so much time being wasted on this game everyday of my life when I was growing up.

No technical problems in the game. The controls were tight and responsive. The moves looked awesome and they were cool to pull off.

The opening is perfect. It gives you a taste of what's to come when you play. I LOVE the narration to this day. It sucks you in and it makes you want to recite it every time you start up your PS2.

A 10 out of 10. The best sports game ever. It deserves the recognition it gets.
  44. Jun 20, 2017
    SSX 3 is simply a top notch game on all fronts. The feel of speed while you race, listening to the music that reacts to your actions.. the lovely graphics that fit perfectly with the game design.. If you have not played SSX 3 then you are missing out BIG TIME.
  45. Dec 27, 2017
    Easily the best game in the series, soundtrack, gameplay, characters, graphics, everything, just GREAT! I've played SSX Tricky and On Tour. I would even argue this game is better than Steep! It's open-world, has cool characters, and even has replayability because even if you "conquer the mountain" as one character, you can go back around and do it again as another. I could go on and onEasily the best game in the series, soundtrack, gameplay, characters, graphics, everything, just GREAT! I've played SSX Tricky and On Tour. I would even argue this game is better than Steep! It's open-world, has cool characters, and even has replayability because even if you "conquer the mountain" as one character, you can go back around and do it again as another. I could go on and on about the things I love about this game, so instead, I'm just going to say, BUY THIS GAME, and if you don't have a PS2, XBOX, or Game Cube, GET A EMULATOR. This game is a must play. Expand

#26 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#2 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. PSM Magazine
    A whole lotta game. And trust us: earning 100% completion (and thus "owning" the mountain) is one of the most rewarding feelings in modern gaming history. [Dec 2003, p.36]
  2. The snow effects are unrivaled, the framerate is consistently high and the colors are vibrant. Add to that great animations (particularly during tricks) and an intense sense of speed, and you wind up with one of those rare games that can be as much fun to watch as to play.
    Through all the spinning, the fireworks, the lights and the board trails, the PS2 is just pushed a little bit too far...The toll appears in the form of a radically stuttering frame-rate which does slightly spoil the mood.