8.6

1. JalexD.
    Aug 5, 2007
    I must say that this is my favorite game ever. i regularly play it and haven't gotten bored with it in the year i've owned it. i keep playing thru one way and then starting over and doing things differently. There are still things i haven't done yet, there's so much! i really wish i could find more games with this level of customization. It is truly amazing.
  2. AndersS.
    Jun 23, 2006
    A great "sandbox" game with a flew flaws that can be overlooked easily because the game is so charming its impossible not to love it!
  3. GarrisonO.
    Oct 5, 2007
    I can't think of anything bad to say about this game, and that's saying something. I've beaten it twice and plan to a third time. It is the best, most underrated game of the year. I'm not sure what the GameCritics reviewer was talking about when he mentioned an "awkward camera" and "stiff controls", because I think the dual-analog control scheme is inventive and I can't think of anything bad to say about this game, and that's saying something. I've beaten it twice and plan to a third time. It is the best, most underrated game of the year. I'm not sure what the GameCritics reviewer was talking about when he mentioned an "awkward camera" and "stiff controls", because I think the dual-analog control scheme is inventive and intuitive, and the camera never bothered me. It was probably the best action RPG of 2006, and is, hands-down, the best RPG I've ever played. So what are you doing, just sitting there? Steambot Chronicles is only $20!!! Go play this game, now!!! Expand
  4. Jul 1, 2014
    Steambot Chronicles is easily my favorite game of all time. The characters are interesting and compelling, the interactions between them feel genuine. The game's hand-drawn look is absolutely stunning, and the designs are amazing. The game's only major flaw is it's long and frequent load times, which may break immersion and frustrate players. The game's controls can be confusing to thoseSteambot Chronicles is easily my favorite game of all time. The characters are interesting and compelling, the interactions between them feel genuine. The game's hand-drawn look is absolutely stunning, and the designs are amazing. The game's only major flaw is it's long and frequent load times, which may break immersion and frustrate players. The game's controls can be confusing to those who do not frequently play video games or those with poor manual dexterity. The controls are satisfying when the player grasps them, and are refreshing changes to more traditional control schemes. The game's music plays a central role, and nearly all of it is enjoyable (Players might want to avoid giving Fennel his new guitar, or risk listening to a banshee's screeching for a few minutes). Expand

1. It's an esoteric game that creates some of its own off-center rules while sticking to pleasant tradition. [Apr 2006, p.53]
  2. Steambot is so much fun and so full of possibilities that, while playing, I mentally outlined not just my next playthrough, but the one after that. [May 2006, p.80]
  3. The characters are shallow(amnesia strikes again), and the combat utilizes a clunkier version of the "Katamari Damacy" dual-analog controls. [May 2006, p.101]