• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Feb 7, 2006
7.8

1. Mar 8, 2014
    Tales of Legendia just perfect ... the best game I've ever played with great characters from my childhood, I love this game, thanks Melfes ... Namco ... all producers and composers ... everybody!
  2. Sep 17, 2012
    Tales of Legendia's storyline and length are amazing, although it may fall a bit short when it comes to actual character list, battle system and graphics. New Game+, Arena mode, extended storyline and a few "Feel Good" moments in the game will captivate you to play the game till the end and perhaps more. This game is still worth getting and you will have a long adventure waiting for you when you start this rare game! Expand
  3. Aug 19, 2011
    Tales of Legendia in the bluntest terms possible is basically a downgrade from Tales Of Symphonia. It mains flaws besides how easy it is to get lost in the world map (which may just be my fault) are in the battles and the random encounter's can get a more than a little annoying. The story while well told isn't as endearing as it could be and the characters seem a little mismatched. However a point is it's favor is the music, and in certain places because of the music the game really shines or rather certain moments within it. Now while comparing this game to Tales Of Symphonia may be a little unfair but after that game came out it's easy to see this game could have been so much more than it was. By time I got through half of the game I just didn't care and stopped playing. And in my opinion that is a shame as the Tales Of Games contain some of the best stories and game music I've ever seen. Expand

1. With so many RPG’s vying for those last few PS2 dollars, Namco sought to make theirs stick out like a troll at an elves’ convention and so they’ve reached deep into their bag of tricks to present something truly original, while sticking to the genre’s time-honored covenants and their decidedly storybook-meets-manga design etiquette. [Jan 2006]
  2. Variety is less evident in Tales of Legendia, a role-playing game from Namco that forces you to do mildly entertaining things over and over until all the entertainment has been squeezed out.
    The PlayStation 2 certainly isn't left wanting for quality role-playing games, so though Tales of Legendia is competent and enjoyable, in the end it simply isn't memorable enough to carve more than a niche.