8.6

1. Nov 22, 2013
    I give very few games a ten but going back and playing this game again ten years later, I am reminded how a truly brilliant co-op game can give my friends and I a more fulfilling experience than many available today.
  2. Feb 23, 2014
    This game thrust me into the Lord of the Rings series with great cut scenes, uncomparable co-op, and great action with its hack and slash gameplay. The games difficulty was also great because it was always rewarding beating a new level (but incredibly frustrating to lose so close to the end of a mission). One of my favorites games growing up
  3. Feb 13, 2011
    This game is fantastic, and one I would highly recommend, the graphics are great and the sound is good, the controls are great, it's a highly enjoyable game with cool characters to unlock, and high replayability, if you enjoyed the movie you'll love this, you can tell alot went into this to make it a highly enjoyable game, and it succeeded in almost every way.
  4. Apr 30, 2012
    This is one of my favorite games. The hack and slash combat is quite good, something which seems to have disappeared in recent times. It also has another feature not seen in quite some time, unlockable characters! (though not available at the time, nowadays it would be DLC) And the ability to go through completed levels with other characters. One of the best games to bear the LotR franchise and despite some minor flaws, is a quality game through and through. They don't make them like this anymore! Expand
  5. Aug 22, 2014
    This game is best played as co-op. It sticks very close to the movie with some extra boss battle thrown in. You can level up aragon, gimli, legolas, and a few others. Levels are at a great difficulty (not too hard but not too easy) and it actually takes strategy to kill bosses when playing co-op. The reason it gets a 7 is because the levels are hit or miss. You will either love a level or despise it. Expand

The graphics are first rate, and the action is intensely frenetic. Most important, ROTK turns up the LOTR authenticity full blast. [Jan 2004, p.55]
    The controls for all versions do a masterful job of managing the fierce action. Even in battle so pitched that you literally lose sight of your character amid the multitudinous combatants, you still feel you’re the master of your fate.
  3. This is without a doubt the best game based on a book/movie that I have EVER played. You can really tell that EA went to great pains to ensure its authenticity, and they truly went beyond the call of duty this time.