The Simpsons: Hit & Run PlayStation 2

• Also On: PC
8.8

1. AndrewJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Being a Simpsons fan, it was great just being to walk around Springfield. Unfortunately the novelty didn't last forever as the missions became repetitive.
  2. MattB.
    Dec 9, 2003
    As a hardcore Simpsons, I was a bit disappointed. At first it was really fun, but got kind of repetitive. It lacked some of the charmed that Road Rage had. There are a bunch of things to find, like cars and outfits, but most of these are superfluous. It's good for a rent if you're a Simpsons fan, but I wouldn't buy it unless you completely love it.
  3. KaraM.
    Feb 25, 2004
    This game in my veiw is the best i am not into game consols but when i play thi game it feels good the graphics are ok even though some of the characters do not look any thing alike eg. lisa simpson.
  4. Apr 30, 2012
    Since I often start babbling during my so-called 'reviews', I'm going to be short with them from now on. HAR is perhaps the best Simpsons game made to date, even now. Combining GTA style gameplay and a fun array of missions (though a lack of many side-missions), Hit n' Run represents the peak of The Simpsons for gaming. I can however, say that some missions can become a bit overwhelminglySince I often start babbling during my so-called 'reviews', I'm going to be short with them from now on. HAR is perhaps the best Simpsons game made to date, even now. Combining GTA style gameplay and a fun array of missions (though a lack of many side-missions), Hit n' Run represents the peak of The Simpsons for gaming. I can however, say that some missions can become a bit overwhelmingly difficult that they require pixel-perfect driving. Expand
  5. Jan 22, 2013
    For a Simpsons game, it wasn't half bad. Pretty repetitive, but to be honest I just loved racing around Springfield. The game just has so much detail and references that it'll put a smile on any fan's face. Overall: An OK game that could have used a bit more variety in its gameplay.
  6. Jun 19, 2013
    Nice classic game for the whole family,perfect game for traveling with.its kind of open world so that makes it nice to play.Wish they would have added more storyline though.
  7. Aug 16, 2014
    The first time I played this game when I was a kid, I loved it. I did all of the side quests and races and unlocked every vehicle. The last time I played it was last week. I realized that whilst the first three levels are unique because they are different towns and quests, the rest of them just feel the same. The worlds are the same, the quests are more or less identical and even Homer andThe first time I played this game when I was a kid, I loved it. I did all of the side quests and races and unlocked every vehicle. The last time I played it was last week. I realized that whilst the first three levels are unique because they are different towns and quests, the rest of them just feel the same. The worlds are the same, the quests are more or less identical and even Homer and Bart return in the last two levels. After adding Apu, I expected to see Snake, Ned Flanders, Moe or at least Grandpa as a playable character. However, I will always like this game and it will stay in my box for just a little longer. Expand
  8. Sep 29, 2015
    The Simpsons Hit and Run is the Simpsons meet GTA. The missions themselves can become repetitive and sometimes would make me rage as a child. Especially time sensitive missions. The story is ok, typical Simpsons story stuff. The voice acting is good, same voice actors from the show. All the main characters are in it and they each have their own vehicle. Which brings me to the best part ofThe Simpsons Hit and Run is the Simpsons meet GTA. The missions themselves can become repetitive and sometimes would make me rage as a child. Especially time sensitive missions. The story is ok, typical Simpsons story stuff. The voice acting is good, same voice actors from the show. All the main characters are in it and they each have their own vehicle. Which brings me to the best part of the game. Getting and driving all the different cars. This is the main thing you're gonna end up caring about in the game. Each level has a different Simpsons family member you play as and they all have like 5 outfits for each level. The game is riddled with easter eggs from the show. You'll collect coins throughout the game to purchase new cars and outfits. The graphics still hold up today in my opinion, looks like you're controlling the Simpsons and not blocky knock offs. The controls are solid for the most part but certain vehicles can be a **** to control. The sound design is good, the music doesn't get annoying over time like in the Simpsons Road Rage mainly because they don't play it nonstop. Each level is designed pretty ok, you get the Springfield vibe. If you're looking for a GTA like experience with the Simpsons this is a pretty good choice. Aside from the missions there's lots of collectibles to look out for. If you're looking to add another game to your collection, you'll get alot of enjoyment out of this game. Expand

#18 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#22 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

Hit & Run may have swiped nearly all of its gameplay ideas from "GTA," but the combination of the vast Simpsons universe liberally applied to the "GTA" formula is pure brilliance.
  2. A solid script, good gameplay and a huge dose of humor makes this game stand out as a nice platformer. Unfortunately, technical issues prevent this game from truly standing out as exceptional.
  3. Perhaps all of the limp comedy wouldn't be so offensive if the game did anything new in the gameplay department.