4.5

1. AnnaR.
    Jul 7, 2007
    hi, i got Sims 2 Pets for $80 and i thought it was going to be like the PC ones but once i tried i got really bored and u can't have up stairs. i hate having pets on this game because they're too hard to look after, but now i did some cheats sold my pets and have eveything i want on Sims 2 Pets so its gone abit better but still i think the PC ones are sooo..... MUCH BETTER!!
  2. AllisonW.
    Feb 4, 2006
    I was quite pleased with the game. I mean, how many sims games can you get metal detectors and make your own meals? However, even though it probably took EA over a year to make, you can't have babies, and you can't choose from a toddler, teenager, adult, or elder.But It could be worse, so give EA a break! I mean, they could have made it so all the houses and people were already I was quite pleased with the game. I mean, how many sims games can you get metal detectors and make your own meals? However, even though it probably took EA over a year to make, you can't have babies, and you can't choose from a toddler, teenager, adult, or elder.But It could be worse, so give EA a break! I mean, they could have made it so all the houses and people were already made, and you just had to make them do stuff. Now that would be boring. Try harder, EA! Expand
  3. Jenn
    Mar 4, 2006
    The game, while it has excellent graphics and game play, it a rip off. Before I played the game on Playstation2, I had heard about the PC version from my friend and thought the console version would be essentially the same. However, when I found out you can't have kids, I was very dissappointed. The Sims are about reality and family life, but there certainly wasn't much of that The game, while it has excellent graphics and game play, it a rip off. Before I played the game on Playstation2, I had heard about the PC version from my friend and thought the console version would be essentially the same. However, when I found out you can't have kids, I was very dissappointed. The Sims are about reality and family life, but there certainly wasn't much of that this time around. Expand
  4. DaveC.
    May 1, 2006
    I also bought this game thinking it would be better than The Sims 1 and Bustin Out, and it is except for the fact that you can't have kids or any other aged sim except adult. I also thought it would have 2 story houses but it didn't, but they are the only problems, otherwise I think the game is brilliaint!
  5. RazvyT.
    Feb 20, 2007
    The game is so-so, it could have been better but it has some new nice features.
  6. Sims2Lover
    Mar 20, 2008
    Man, I wish you could have kids!! It was like $20 for the Sims2 and $30 for Sims 2 Pets and i used all my money and im 12!!
  7. Ashley....
    Apr 17, 2008
    I like the game it's so cool and my friend has the same one that's what made me bought it because it was so cool. But after I look at all these zero's on this website is just weird. I keep on trying to get a baby LOL but i can't but I saw my friend do it!! :( Unfair! Still I think the game is cool even though you can't have stairs or kids ( but i still could ROFL I like the game it's so cool and my friend has the same one that's what made me bought it because it was so cool. But after I look at all these zero's on this website is just weird. I keep on trying to get a baby LOL but i can't but I saw my friend do it!! :( Unfair! Still I think the game is cool even though you can't have stairs or kids ( but i still could ROFL ) it's still really great. I'm so excited for the sims 3 game I think it's gonna be awesome. Expand
  8. KurtT
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bummer game. What's bad is you can't have children. It was so much better on PC because every day (except for Saturdays and Sundays), your child sim could go to school and bring back homework and play with toys.
  9. RileeN.
    Jun 29, 2006
    I think that the game Sims2 for Ps2 should be able to make babys.What is the point really to buy a love bed if you cant make babys I wasted my time in that bed and I never got kids.
  10. babyGallost
    Oct 20, 2007
    Can't your sims have babies on this game and plus timmy wants to meet an alien but he won't I'm not liking this game to much because the closest I can get my sim to having a baby is by having sex so now its sex sex sex sex & SEX.
  11. SamanthaH.
    Dec 5, 2007
    I think sims should be able to have kids on all ps2 games...and there should be a mall where they can go and get makeovers and shop and eat and hang out!!
  12. GraceI.
    Mar 7, 2007
    I'm totally in love with the PC version of the sims and was completely excited to find out that it was going to be on PS2, but once I got the game, It was a let down. 1st, you can't have kids; 2nd, you can't age, 3rd it could of been a lot better! EA, fans gave you a sign when you released The URBz for PS2. Sure, this is better then that, but it could've been great.
  13. DanielleJ
    May 29, 2007
    Ithought it was ok but today i found out you can have babies but spent about an hour getting them to make one but then realised they cant not on ps2 one my nan spent about 50 pounds on that game and it stinks anyone can make food or go to a job but it is totally crap. you better have a better version for sims 3 if you ever get that far.
  14. Vampi
    Aug 10, 2007
    Umm.....i sort of like this game bu on sims 3 u can better get pregnet have babies age and have 2 story houses and have no stupid fire hazzard thing so u can buy as much as u want until u run out of money!!!!
  15. nicole
    Feb 21, 2006
    i bought sims 2 the ps2 version with my birthday money and was really excited about playing it but now ive noticed you can't do much on it apart from been stuck in a house or going work,you can't have babies on it the game is good but could be more better
  16. KristinaS.
    Jul 19, 2006
    i bought the sims 2 for ps2 for no apparent reason because i wanted to have kids. i kept on tryin to come to realize it was no use because we cant have kids. not being able to have kids kinda ruins the fun in the game.
  17. MegM
    Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah it was kinda fun I still play it but its no as fun as the other ones. i hate when games have some thing good about it and then something bad! like in the first one you could not move yourself around like you could in sims 2 but in sims 2 you cant have kids...even on story mode. in story mode you cant leave your house! thats stupid!!! you cant even have 2 story houses. and when you Yeah it was kinda fun I still play it but its no as fun as the other ones. i hate when games have some thing good about it and then something bad! like in the first one you could not move yourself around like you could in sims 2 but in sims 2 you cant have kids...even on story mode. in story mode you cant leave your house! thats stupid!!! you cant even have 2 story houses. and when you get married how come women wear those fugly hats?!?!? god plz make a good game with all the things that every other game you made has! make it so you can have ur person move like in sims 1 OR have a choice of having it like the sims 2. you should make it like real life not just a knock off!make it so we have to go to the store and on vacation and when we are at work we get to do the work! not just sit all bored and wait for our sims to get home! I first bought the sims for my gameboy and it was really fun! bad graphics though. I got bored with it after I won all of the competitions and errends and I liked some of the words that they used so i named my email account after a scolding word for the sims 2 pets for the gameboy. Also make it so we can choose the language! it might take some time but it will make allot of ppl happier and more ppl will buy ur games! and on story mode we should choose if we want roomies or not! i want to let them get married and have other ppl ask them to move in and they say yes but then the still live at my house! its so annoying. also i tries killing them off but they just thated to death i hate that!!! they should stay dead! but we should be able the talk to death. plz just make the game better!!!!!! Expand
  18. Dec 25, 2010
    The PS2's Sims 2 game lags a lot. Friends are difficult to make, so does the skill building. Everything is expensive. With so many goals to achieve with so few improvement the developers made, the game is similar to agreeing to a statement that you actually disagree.
  19. Mar 29, 2012
    The Sims 2 for the PS2 is a good port. You control "sims" you create and simulate their lives. Although the other games were masterpieces, this game is missing some things that made the PC games extremely fun. 1 story houses, preset story goals, and 4 lots make this game fall short in features and free will. Fortunately, awesome gameplay, colorful sims, and an advanced chat system made meThe Sims 2 for the PS2 is a good port. You control "sims" you create and simulate their lives. Although the other games were masterpieces, this game is missing some things that made the PC games extremely fun. 1 story houses, preset story goals, and 4 lots make this game fall short in features and free will. Fortunately, awesome gameplay, colorful sims, and an advanced chat system made me enjoy this game anyhow. Pretty good for a port! Expand
  20. ERB
    Aug 1, 2013
    It is a good game but because of the game bugs It ruined it all.
  21. Aug 11, 2014
    I've had so many great memories and nights of staying up until 4 in the morning with this game. Although it may not be as great as the PC version and has multiple bugs, it doesn't take away from the charm and laughs that this game delivers. But if I were to buy another Sims game, I wouldn't think about buying any other port for it but for the PC.

#6 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#67 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. PSM Magazine
    Every bit as addictive and charming as "The Sims" ever were. Degg-degg! [Dec 2005, p.91]
  2. Game Informer
    Even with these new elements, the game isn't as dynamic or addictive as others in the series, but it does manage to find some identity amid its more familiar feature that Sims fans will certainly appreciate. [Nov 2005, p.150]
    If playing the divine hand to a house full of simulated people appeals to you, this is as good as it gets.