• Publisher: EA Games
  • Release Date: Jan 12, 2003
  • Also On: PC
7.7

1. Oct 1, 2015
    The Sims on PS2 was pretty decent, but even better considering the PC was a fail for the first Sims in my opinion. Once you figure how to get going, nothing but fun from there. Not the most addicting, but still deserves a try.
  2. JurgaD.
    May 4, 2003
    Very nice game, but to hard to move them and to dark colours. In conclusion you can play and you wont feel the real time..
  3. alibassal
    Apr 15, 2004
    its the shitest game dont waste your money on buying this crappy game its so slow how they walk it takes them to walk from the room to the the toilet half an hour the only googd thing about it is when you could take of ladys cloths of and you could see there rude parts when there having a shower
  4. AntonyM.
    Jan 6, 2003
    OK, the PC game was just wicked. This is wicked X2. Man the sims look so real. The 2nd best game out on PS2. Behind GTA Vice.
  5. BillW.
    Feb 19, 2003
    This is the worst game I have ever played! I owned it for 2 days and took it back because it sucked so badly. I should have rented it first. I own all of the computer games of The Sims........ they are awesome, so i thought this game would have been good but it sucks so bad. Please, if you are going to buy the game, rent it first it is the worst game ever made. It is nothing like the PC This is the worst game I have ever played! I owned it for 2 days and took it back because it sucked so badly. I should have rented it first. I own all of the computer games of The Sims........ they are awesome, so i thought this game would have been good but it sucks so bad. Please, if you are going to buy the game, rent it first it is the worst game ever made. It is nothing like the PC versions. Ciao Expand
  6. BIGAL
    Feb 27, 2003
    I gave up on the Sims on pc after I bought my copy of house party, but this game has turned me back into a Sims fan. The interface is much better than I would have thought possible, and the graphics are excellent. This is a must have for the person who enjoys single player games.
  7. TheoS.
    Apr 18, 2003
    this game is wicked i cant wait till they bring the second one out! u have to buy this game! and the xbox sims is good an all!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. LisaB.
    May 19, 2003
    It's a little hard to move around, but you kinda get used to it. and for ur 0 mr george s, they are only depressed because their mood is low, you hafta get their mood up to get them to find a job just like the pc 1, maybe your just treating your sims badly duh. Any way, u either love it or hate it, rent it 1st, if you like it buy it its great, if not too bad 4 u. SIMS RULE!!!!!
  9. AndrewJ.
    May 2, 2003
    I don't recommend this game at all if you have the PC version. I found it very boring and uninteresting on comparison. It's like a downgraded version of the real thing.
  10. BanditG.
    May 6, 2003
    Boring after awhile.
  11. ChesterB.
    Jun 4, 2003
    It Is Cool And Fun!!!!!!!!
  12. IsaiahD.
    Jun 7, 2003
    This game is a great game i only wish i u could get cats and dogs and second floors that would be cool!
  13. Kustomizer
    Jul 19, 2003
    It's not the best game in the world but its really fun to its almost impossible!!! I wish they can speak english so we can understand them but still they have those little pics at the top of their heads telling you what they want..... I was going to give this game a 8 but i think it deserves a 9!!!!! Later Dayzzz!!
  14. JonathanO.
    Jul 20, 2004
    This game is tight.
  15. EmilyJ.
    Jan 3, 2005
    Addictive!
  16. AlizenP.
    Sep 20, 2005
    It's the best of the best. just start playin u will not be able to turn it off.
  17. GeorgeS.
    Feb 21, 2003
    The Sims has got good graphics but it is so hard to move around and they never want to do anything that you tell them to do.They keep telling you to get a job but they always say that their too depressed.
  18. JoshB.
    Jul 30, 2003
    Its great after u find out what to do and how to do it.
  19. BHL
    Apr 22, 2004
    This game was soooo great i loved it! for about an hour.
  20. AlleyS.
    Aug 15, 2004
    I think it is a really fun game and any kid who plays it will fall in luv with it. everybody should try it and see for themselves.
  21. JimmyW.
    Aug 20, 2004
    Awesome awesome awesome only a little fake.
  22. NathanO'Rourke
    Jun 25, 2006
    the sims 2 is the best sims game i have EVER played, but i still havent played it on pc.
    people say that after awhile it gets boring but i dont think it does, i really DO recommend it to people so go out and buy it.

ps- does any body know when the new sims game it coming out if so can u email me at porkyrourky@hotmail.com
  23. StringerB.
    Jan 29, 2003
    I like it quite a bit more than the PC version, actually.
  24. KimL.
    May 25, 2004
    A very good game. granted, the PC version gives you many more options with the expantion packs (I own house party, livin' large, hot date, vacation, and unleashed, and would have all the rest if windows ME would suport them) But I find the playstation controles much easier. and it's nice to be able to rotate the camera any way you need, rather than be stuck looking at the worldA very good game. granted, the PC version gives you many more options with the expantion packs (I own house party, livin' large, hot date, vacation, and unleashed, and would have all the rest if windows ME would suport them) But I find the playstation controles much easier. and it's nice to be able to rotate the camera any way you need, rather than be stuck looking at the world from one of four angles. the 2 player modes are fun, though i know i haven't unlocked them all yet. More lighthearted things for a party than a game like perfect dark or 007. Expand

#59 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. With the recent release of the online Sims for the PC, the PS2 port seems to fall short of greatness. Especially when you add in the slowdown issues and repetitive gameplay.
  2. Game Informer
    I actually enjoyed this take on The Sims more than the original. [Feb 2003, p.94]
  3. This game is brilliant, but it scares us.