TimeSplitters 2 PlayStation 2

8.8

1. Aug 29, 2013
    This game is one of the most complete, amazing, hardcore, intense, random, and most awesomest shooters you will ever play.

Campaign: I really have never seen this type of campaign before. The missions are very fun to do and are even more fun with a partner. It has splitscreen co-op (only 2 players) and the difficulty system is unique. DO NOT JUST PLAY THE CAMPAIGN ON EASY! On easy difficulty for the campaign, it is very linear. Each mission will take about 15-20 minutes to do and there are aprox. 10 missions. On the other difficulty settings though (medium and hard), if you interact with cetain things in the enviroment, you will be given extra missions. Like on a mission on easy mode, I have 1-4 objectives and about 2-3 other side missions. On medium or hard difficulty, you will have just about the same amount of objectives but up to 3-5 side missions. You can choose to do the side missions for (I think) extra content.

Challenges: This is the big playground. In challenges mode, you can do certain challenges for certain modes to unlock new modes and multiplayer characters. You can only have one player doing this, though.

Arcade: This mode is where this game shoves it up modern game hineys so hard. This mode is separated in to two parts: Arcade Custom and Arcade League. Arcade League is just like challenge mode except that it has pre-made multiplayer battles. Again, only one play can do this. Arcade Custom is the beauty of the game. You can customize literally EVERYTHING (I mean it too)! Up to 4-player splitscreen can experience chaotic, awesome multiplayer battles on the same screen. What makes this mode so fun is that you can customize: what weapons you can have on the map
    the characters you want to fight against
    the map; game modes
    You will have mode fun with this mode than any othe game you will play in your entire life. You can have up to 14 player on one map (up to 10 bots and splitscreen). The bot A.I. actually reacts to the difficulty, and half the time you are fighting, you feel like you are in a actual war.

Rating: I really wish I could rate this game higher. If I could it would be a 25/10. Here's why: No game ever in my life have I had this much fun with my family, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game deserves to be in a Hall Of Fame, because it is a landmark of what so many modern shooters are not today. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal Of Honor. These games are nothing compared to this. If you have a PS2, Origional XBOX, or a GameCube, buy this game. This game will show you why so many FPS's are failing today. I can get bored of Call of Duty in about 3 years. I'm still not bored of this game and it's been out for over 10 years.

Follow my advice. Buy this game.
  2. MikeO.
    Oct 20, 2002
    Excellent game. Especially the multi-player. If you're looking for a game similar to Goldeneye 007, this one is it! One downfall that I give this game is the manual (it's not in depth about some aspects of game play). The game has excellent graphics and bright colors.
  3. JanM.
    Jan 3, 2003
    One of the best shooters ever created.
  4. Jul 16, 2012
    This game was my childhood. Over 150 playable characters including but not limited to, the gingerbread man, calamari, a Duck, a snow man, and a gold fish controlling a robots body. There are weapons from many eras in this game, from bricks to laser rifles. If 150 playable characters and an amazing map editor were possible in 2002 then why hasn't any game broken the record for most playableThis game was my childhood. Over 150 playable characters including but not limited to, the gingerbread man, calamari, a Duck, a snow man, and a gold fish controlling a robots body. There are weapons from many eras in this game, from bricks to laser rifles. If 150 playable characters and an amazing map editor were possible in 2002 then why hasn't any game broken the record for most playable characters since then? Make Timesplitters 4 already or at least have an HD remake of this classic current gen consoles Expand
  5. JimmyW.
    Aug 20, 2004
    I own this game and ive finished it 1000 times but theres still so much 2 do which makes this game cool when my freinds r over if we play this game we have heaps of fun ive even made 3 of my freinds buy this game just by playin it at my house.
  6. ConcernedMother
    Dec 20, 2002
    This game is too violent for children these days. It should be taken off of the market immediatly before it influences today's youth to blow up their neighbors.
  7. WilliamT.
    Oct 20, 2002
    It's good, but i didn't really care for the magic ending. :(
  8. DarrenM.
    Jun 24, 2004
    Man- talk about overratted!!!! Good arcade mode...shit story mode. As Chuck D said dont believe the hype!!!
  9. AprilB.
    Aug 10, 2005
    Story mode horrible. Dont expect a DOOM or Quake or Half LIfe experience. The first level will leave you so frustrated you will hate the rest of the levels. Why? There is no save ability and you will have to play it over and over and over and over and over....boring WITH A CAPITAL B! The ability for multiplayer seems to be the reason for the higher scores but I hate playing multiplayer on Story mode horrible. Dont expect a DOOM or Quake or Half LIfe experience. The first level will leave you so frustrated you will hate the rest of the levels. Why? There is no save ability and you will have to play it over and over and over and over and over....boring WITH A CAPITAL B! The ability for multiplayer seems to be the reason for the higher scores but I hate playing multiplayer on shooters so ... this game sucks!!! Expand
  10. Jul 13, 2012
    TimeSplitters 2 is the king of First Person Shooters, and it still is! The game may look repetitive, but the hours of gameplay will make it worthwhile. TimeSplitters 2 makes you imagine your type of action and relive it your way! This game is truly the pinnacle of shooters!
  11. AnonymousMC
    Nov 19, 2002
    Ahhh Timesplitters 2 where have you been all my life. Easily one of my favorite console games of all time, the graphics and framerate are kick assss running at a smoooth 60fps even in fourplayer with a ton of bots on the map. Impressive. Sound effects are equally great as is the music. The Scrapyard tune is one of my favorite video game tunes ive heard in a long time. The game hasAhhh Timesplitters 2 where have you been all my life. Easily one of my favorite console games of all time, the graphics and framerate are kick assss running at a smoooth 60fps even in fourplayer with a ton of bots on the map. Impressive. Sound effects are equally great as is the music. The Scrapyard tune is one of my favorite video game tunes ive heard in a long time. The game has tons of extras to unlock, 100+ characters to get, a map maker, 2 player co operative mode (a rarity in games) and netplay. Heaps of replay value. And don't forget the 4 player split screen, some of the best fun you can have on your PS2. Rent it before ya buy as always, maybe not for everyone but damn close. Expand
  12. AnonymousMC
    Dec 15, 2008
    Timesplitters 2 is one of the best first person shooter games ever!!! Story mode was good (could have been more levels.) awesome arcade and mapmaker mode. If you don't get this game your missing a out on some of the most fun on a first person shooter you will ever get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. TBone
    Jan 6, 2003
    Excellent game, but not perfect. To Concerned Mother: I'm guessing you're a liberal democrat. Your children are more likely to die by getting hit by a car when holding "No War In Iraq" signs on overpasses than from violence shown in this game. Did you vote for Al Gore?
  14. Chuck76
    Mar 5, 2003
    I hated the original Timesplitters but this is fantastic. Superb in single player, outstanding in multiplayer anyone who's ignored this due to the first game go get a copy you can't go wrong. Better than Goldeneye? I think so!
  15. BobR.
    Aug 15, 2003
    This game is fun and and at times can be tough. I would have given it a 10 but I am having a hell of a time getting thru the Atomic level at the "Normal" setting. It's making an older game player feel even older.
  16. TorN.
    Jun 5, 2003
    This is the best 1st person blast'em away-game I've had for PS2. Its just intoxicating. Takes all your sparetime and your nightsleep untill you've finnished it off, and then you just want to go another round. I've never considered giving a game a 10 before, but this time I'm in no doubt at all.
  17. LevitonK.
    Jul 12, 2003
    Possibly my only beef with this game is that all it is, is Goldeneye eated, and vomited back out with better graphics with a worse storyline but an awesome arcade mode.
  18. RYANA.
    Nov 2, 2002
    The character models and environments are beautiful, when you get to enjoy them, and the game runs at a constant 60 fps. For all out fun with another player or a group of friends nothing out right now beats it.
  19. SagacityRecords
    Oct 12, 2002
    WICKED FUN! I was disappointed in the first Timesplitters, but this one is the next Goldeneye. They got everything right on this one and I haven't even played it with anyone else yet. Didn't give it a 10 because the story mode still could have been a lot better, but this game is great. If you like multi-player FPS, then buy this game. The replay value is through the roof.
  20. MetalInc.
    Nov 12, 2002
    You have not played a FPS proper until you have linked up two systems with this game together. Incredible.....fast, sharp, clean fun. The best multiplayer FPS out there.
    Nov 15, 2002
    Nearly perfect.
  22. VincentL.
    Aug 23, 2003
    This game is awsome it reminds me a lot of 007 and stargate sg1 the tv show. I highly recommend this game to any one.
  23. MitchellS.
    Jun 1, 2003
    Seriously diss game is de bomb. The 1st was awseome and the second one, even better, if you haven't got one i would seriously consider you getting one.
  24. MicahC.
    Mar 8, 2003
    Damn near perfection.
  25. AndyJ.
    Oct 24, 2002
    Coooooooooooooooool.
  26. VernV.
    Nov 14, 2002
    Kick Ass game lets hope there's a third one!!!!!
  27. KyleK.
    Nov 15, 2003
    A brilliant first-person shooter. It's so frantic with fast flowing action. Really good graphics, good story line and tones of characters. Multiplayer is superb.
  28. (((evo)))
    Jan 16, 2004
    One of the Best Games Ever... Time you are wasting reading this could be spent playing this amazing game.
  29. SteveW.
    Nov 15, 2004
    A very good game but extremly overated the multiplayer is top notch esspecially the mapmaker but thats it everything else just gets a little boring and repetitive.
  30. EdB.
    Jun 13, 2005
    Where is the save button in the story mode?

#8 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#20 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

As a PS2 shooter it's the best I've ever played - I can't emphasize that point enough.
  2. This has to be one of the best titles that’s come out for every console this year.
  3. Edges out "Red Faction 2" just by a hair. "Red Faction"'s single player mode is much more intense but lacks the cooperative campaign mode that Timesplitters 2 did.