TOCA Race Driver 3 PlayStation 2

7.3

1. TomCullen
    Oct 26, 2006
    Code Masters? Hardly. Yet another instance of a game that could have been good let down by some astoundingly dumb ideas. You get dozens of different types of vehicle to race, but only a handful are worth going back to - I mean, who honestly wants to race lawn mowers? Tedium inevitably sets in pretty soon as you have to complete yet another annoyingly repetitive round in order to proceed Code Masters? Hardly. Yet another instance of a game that could have been good let down by some astoundingly dumb ideas. You get dozens of different types of vehicle to race, but only a handful are worth going back to - I mean, who honestly wants to race lawn mowers? Tedium inevitably sets in pretty soon as you have to complete yet another annoyingly repetitive round in order to proceed to the next, culminating in World Tour mode with Tier 32, as unpleasant an experience as I have ever had on a games console. These self-proclaimed geniuses of the computer game thought it would be a great idea to saddle you with a tub of a car and pit you against opponents who can Expand
  2. ScottW
    Feb 19, 2006
    It's a shame when the bottom line is more important than a great loyal user experience. After persons, such as myself, were forced to PAY EXTRA to unlock any cheats or bonus material, I have vowed to never support CodeMasters, again. I wish they would've woken up and smelled the coffee... I really do.

#62 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#56 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

There's no shortage of modern racers, but most of the current crop seem obsessed with the attitude of tuner culture than racing itself. Toca Racer Driver 3 has no truck with that: It's all about the driving experience. [Mar 2006, p.80]
  2. PSM Magazine
    Toca Race Driver 3 has always been one of the best racers out there, and this sequel continues its fine tradition. [Mar 2006,p.81]
  3. Game Informer
    The last Toca shot itself in the foot instead of putting the pedal to the metal by restricting players with a linear career structure. Luckily for us, Codemasters has rectified the situation in this newest Toca. [Mar 2006, p.100]