Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell PlayStation 2

7.8

1. Apr 10, 2016
    This is normal game . Sam Fisher one of the best characters from stealth games . Splinter Cell is a good series and this game too . This game release on april 2003 on PS2 . Splinter Cell series similar to MGS series , but MGS series better than Splinter Cell series . First game in Splinter Cell series has got good graphics for 2002-2003 , amazing storyline and excellent gameplay . 7/10
  2. Nov 25, 2013
    This game was ok, but I would not get all hippy and jippy about it its just a decent game. Way to difficult for me so I did not really get to experience it well...
  3. Jul 16, 2013
    This is a stealth game with some decent missions. Most of the fun is hiding in the shadows. It doesn't quite match the excitement of James Bond or detail of Metal Gear Solid. Splinter Cell is a slower paced 3rd person game. If you do get in a pinch, you seem to end up dead instead of having any fighting chance. Saves obviously help a lot and there is a lot of replaying the same level.This is a stealth game with some decent missions. Most of the fun is hiding in the shadows. It doesn't quite match the excitement of James Bond or detail of Metal Gear Solid. Splinter Cell is a slower paced 3rd person game. If you do get in a pinch, you seem to end up dead instead of having any fighting chance. Saves obviously help a lot and there is a lot of replaying the same level. Careless mistakes will burn you or make you fall into forbidden zones that game over. The controls are easy and more fluid than Metal Gear. The gun play is not really here though, and is more clumsy with a not-so-great crosshair. The first training mission bogs the game's pacing a little bit. Mostly these are just small criticisms. They did an awesome job for a 2003 title. It looks like it could be on PS3. I find myself wanting to play this casually and progress a couple of levels every once in awhile. I'm not super attached to this game.There are so many options on the PS2 for this style. It did help define the genre and become is on phenomenon, but that doesn't free it from criticism or competition. With a slower paced game there needs to be more in-game cutscenes (close ups) and atmosphere. You mostly get voiceovers. With the media powerhouse that is the PS2, it just became a necessity to do extra character animations and I didn't see many. Since the gameplay is more about navigation and cleverness, and not arcade style, they could have made it more comical or add some more flavor (which MGS does best). Great graphics, controls, jungle gym levels and nice progressing game. Would I recommend a buy in 2013? I'd probably say YES. This was a popular game, on multi-platforms, and adheres to a common 3rd-person style that has been adopted in so many other games, so maybe not the most essential game to collect. It would have been more fun with crazier weapons, vehicles, and over the top baddies. The realism is null these days. Its just a game. You probably won't feel bad if you don't play Splinter Cell, but hey, its not bad at all if you manage to find a copy! Kinda fun, but not mind blowing or difficult. Expand
  4. Jun 9, 2013
    Originally released as a timed exclusive on the original Xbox Splinter Cell was considered a ‘killer app’ and quickly became one of the primary reasons to get the console. In terms of gameplay the most obvious comparison was Metal Gear Solid but, whereas Kojima favoured over the top characters and long drawn out cut scenes, Ubisoft’s ‘stealth em-up’ retained a more realistic style.

At

At times the game could be genuinely tense as you used all manner of clever gadgets in an attempt to avoid being spotted and for the most part the challenge was set just about right, although things could become frustrating when faced with missions that were failed instantly as soon as you were spotted. A further flaw, that was the case with many games in the genre at the time, was the fact that the enemies would walk pre-set routes over and over again meaning that simply memorising these patterns was often the key to success.

Of course none of that prevented Splinter Cell from being a top quality title even if it has now been surpassed by more modern efforts.
  5. ChristopherC.
    Oct 18, 2005
    Excellent graphics however the game play shall we say is not up to standards expected. The missions are hard to follow, but I still can't wait until the next one. Please hurry Ubisoft.
  6. KeithM.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Ubisoft was smart to make a game in reflection of the ever popular metal gear, however cool the idea of being a stealth commando and using high tech gear its no good if you can't have full mobility! user friendly controls are the regards, flat out the game is bad ass, but more work needs to be put into the make of it or it will lose its cool points very fast.
  7. Airbonicsam
    Jun 10, 2004
    The overall game is not too bad. But and its a Very big But, there are a few bugs that take this game one shelf lower than MGS2. i.e. the Guard A.I can be Ridiculous. They can walk straight up to you and not see you. They will Spot you and fire at you for a while but if you hide for a bit he will "eventually forget" that he was about to be killed and continue on his patrol. I personaly The overall game is not too bad. But and its a Very big But, there are a few bugs that take this game one shelf lower than MGS2. i.e. the Guard A.I can be Ridiculous. They can walk straight up to you and not see you. They will Spot you and fire at you for a while but if you hide for a bit he will "eventually forget" that he was about to be killed and continue on his patrol. I personaly feel that this factor brings the game down alot. However the game does have its up moments. The story Fluid and the Backgrounds are whole and polished. Overall this is a game that people will play but will not remember...not as much as a certain other stealth Jewel. Expand
  8. MG
    May 7, 2003
    This game is too easy! How many guys can you sneek up on and put in a headlock? It gets real boring. I wish there was more freedom throughout the levels. Every level has a specific path drawn out for you. I'd like to see alternate shortcuts, passage ways. I want to be able to repell off all the buildings. I think I repelled like four times the hole game. Splinter Cell is a cool game,This game is too easy! How many guys can you sneek up on and put in a headlock? It gets real boring. I wish there was more freedom throughout the levels. Every level has a specific path drawn out for you. I'd like to see alternate shortcuts, passage ways. I want to be able to repell off all the buildings. I think I repelled like four times the hole game. Splinter Cell is a cool game, but it gets real old, real quick. Expand
  9. M.G.
    Apr 11, 2003
    The worst part is that you can stand directly in front of somone in a doorway and not be seen. I'm only on the 3rd level and I feel there should be more freedom throughout the level. There's only one path to travel to complete the different stages. I wish I could kick and punch as well instead of just elbowing. I hope the next few levels get better. I think SOCOM spoiled me.

#20 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#21 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

Where the PS2 version really shines is in the control department. The controls become almost second nature after only a few minutes of running around.
  2. Good game, Good graphics. Not as good as "Metal Gear Solid 2." Not enough content. Kind of short.
  3. Superior to the Xbox version in every way... Massively enjoyable yet enormously painful, Splinter Cell is a serious game whose brilliant realism should shake up a few complacent gamers. [PS2 MAX]