Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell PlayStation 2

7.7

1. ChrisB.
    Apr 17, 2003
    Excellent game. It follows in the stealthy, quiet, sneaking footsteps of such great games as Thief: The Dark Project and System Shock 2. I gave it a 10 to make up for the idiot who gave it a 0 who obviously doesnt know anything about games.
    Apr 3, 2003
    Very good game, the range of moves the character can to is great, and theres something very fun about getting some little scroat to give you information then knocking him out. The enemy can be really stupid sometimes though, like one guard who was no more than six feet in front of me, just staring vacantly at this strange darkly clothed man in a shadowy corner (thats me by the way :)... Very good game, the range of moves the character can to is great, and theres something very fun about getting some little scroat to give you information then knocking him out. The enemy can be really stupid sometimes though, like one guard who was no more than six feet in front of me, just staring vacantly at this strange darkly clothed man in a shadowy corner (thats me by the way :)... And that was on the highest skill level. That's a pretty minor flaw though so 9/10 is what I give it. Expand
  3. BradleyF.
    May 3, 2003
    The only bad thing about this game is the camera and even after a while you get used to it.
  4. IanA.
    May 11, 2004
    it seems to me like everybody who gave this game a bad rating did to kiss snakes butt however I love almost everything about it the only thing I have had problems with are that some of the levels have restrictions on wether or not you can kill poeple and some dont give much ammo so it cuts into the kombat experience however I figure that since there are levels with plenty of ammo and that it seems to me like everybody who gave this game a bad rating did to kiss snakes butt however I love almost everything about it the only thing I have had problems with are that some of the levels have restrictions on wether or not you can kill poeple and some dont give much ammo so it cuts into the kombat experience however I figure that since there are levels with plenty of ammo and that the restrictions make it abit more challenging (which I like) that it is more than made up for Expand
  5. SamS.
    Jul 22, 2004
    Amazing visuals, but the best thing about this game is the controls and gameplay. While The Sequel Pandora Tommorow is better in every way, that does not mean that this game stinks. Enemy AI is horrible though, but this still should be called "Doesn't matter what it's called get to a store and buy this game now! Steal it if you have to but get it you fool!"
  6. AlexC.
    Apr 2, 2003
    Good.
  7. Xelitexdesecrator
    May 1, 2003
    This is by far the best first person shooter game I've ever seen. The control, graphics, story, everything is great. It's a breath of fresh air in a fog of horrible money-maker games.
  8. DanielD.
    May 13, 2003
    What a mint game is so good.
  9. BanditG.
    May 16, 2003
    Beyond Perfect.
  10. DanG.
    May 6, 2003
    Very cool stealth action game. I reccomend it to anyone who likes realistic action.
  11. Pavil
    May 7, 2003
    Incredible attention to detail and "easy to use" controls make this game a keeper.
  12. BrandonS.
    Jun 4, 2003
    This is my favorite game besides Enter The Matrix.
  13. JackM.
    Jul 25, 2003
    This game is great, some of the missions r hard though, even on the easy diffuculty, i aint completed it yet, cause im stuck and its a hard mission, the graphics r pretty phat as well, i like this game probably one of my best ones.
  14. Jeff
    Aug 7, 2003
    Compared to most everything out there, this is a great game. But don't believe ALL the hype. While the lighting effects and some other graphics are truly mind-blowing, the collision detection is not flawless, and Mr. Fisher floats above stairs and other inclines. Figuring out how to sneak into various locations is fun... but replay value? Nope.
  15. RafaelS.
    Feb 2, 2004
    One of the Best Games in PS2.
  16. NickT.
    Jan 8, 2008
    Can we say, "amazing game?" this game changed stealth games forever!! probably not for people who only like action. it takes some patience. it's a great game!!
  17. GilesP.
    Apr 14, 2003
    This is a very good game, the only real problem is the no. of bullets.
  18. JuanR.
    Apr 22, 2003
    I think this is one of the best stealth games made for this or any console. Right up there with MGS:2. Bill G. is a moron and doesn't know a good game when its right in his face.
  19. JordanC.
    Apr 24, 2003
    The best Game ever made!
  20. GazzerM.
    Apr 27, 2003
    Not bad, other than the first 45 mins are just running around via training missions, but still better than mgs2. If i was you i would buy this if i hadn't already got it, or rent it at least. Definitely worth a look
  21. BarryC.
    May 1, 2003
    Better Than MGS2 in some ways. (none of the marathon cut scenes)
  22. JeffP.
    May 14, 2003
    Good, not great game. some new concepts (for all i know...don't play a ton of games) such as the extensive use of light and shadow and having to hide bodies. i liked the story a lot. overall, the game was a little too easy and too linear. however, i am getting a kick out of playing the game again after winning it once and trying to use all my gadgets instead of relying on knockingGood, not great game. some new concepts (for all i know...don't play a ton of games) such as the extensive use of light and shadow and having to hide bodies. i liked the story a lot. overall, the game was a little too easy and too linear. however, i am getting a kick out of playing the game again after winning it once and trying to use all my gadgets instead of relying on knocking everyone out or blasting them away. Expand
  23. JohnP.
    May 6, 2003
    AWESOME!!!
  24. EvanK.
    May 8, 2003
    This game rocks!! I haven't beaten it, and I am not really far, but it is so awesome!! The moves and tactics you can pull off are great, not to those of MGS2. Also, Sam is awesome!! MGS2 would also be better, everyone, if Snake was in the whole game. Raiden is so gay!! He is such a friggin wuss. That really hurst the game. SPLINTER CELL ROCKS!!
  25. BrianM.
    Jul 3, 2003
    Having spent a major part of my youth and adulthood crawling through bushes and climbing walls in strange places, I can say that the ethos behind this game is about as totally accurate as you are going to get. Kind of stripped down on the equipment and support, but the heart is there. Kind of like the zen of stealth...except for the splits on the wall thingamabob...can't/won't do that.
  26. RandyV.
    Aug 1, 2003
    Excellent gameplay very intense, great layout of the levels, superb controls. Very believable story, loved that, great ending too. The shadows and the lighting were also very well done, but the rest of the visuals are somewhat lacking although still far superior to original PSX games. Great game! Definitely a must buy!!!
  27. JonathanF.
    Aug 26, 2003
    Very good but sometimes you shoot someone in the head and they don't die!?!?
  28. CraigS.
    Apr 15, 2003
    I rented the game over the weekend and I couldn't believe how comparable this game was to the Xbox and PC versions. My friend has the Xbox version so I know what I'm talking about. The controls are like 29 billion times better than the Xbox. The graphics may have taken a hit, but remember that this game was exculsive to the Xbox and was in development for the Xbox for a longer I rented the game over the weekend and I couldn't believe how comparable this game was to the Xbox and PC versions. My friend has the Xbox version so I know what I'm talking about. The controls are like 29 billion times better than the Xbox. The graphics may have taken a hit, but remember that this game was exculsive to the Xbox and was in development for the Xbox for a longer time period than the GC or PS2 version... A great filler until Syphon Filter and MGS3 come along. Collapse
  29. JaredH.
    Apr 26, 2003
    Most amazing game ever, but except for the controls, the X-BOX versions beats it in every way. The PS2 version has many things missing from the background and lack of details. Obviously the lighting effects and whatnot aren't as good as the X-BOX either. But, PS2 does have that extra level...
  30. JohnL
    Apr 26, 2003
    Great game. A bit dificult but who wants a pos game that you can beat in 10 minutes. *slaps Bill G. Obviously a microsuck fan who pissed on this game bacause he doesn't like playstation.

#20 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#33 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

Where the PS2 version really shines is in the control department. The controls become almost second nature after only a few minutes of running around.
  2. Good game, Good graphics. Not as good as "Metal Gear Solid 2." Not enough content. Kind of short.
  3. Superior to the Xbox version in every way... Massively enjoyable yet enormously painful, Splinter Cell is a serious game whose brilliant realism should shake up a few complacent gamers. [PS2 MAX]