7.0

Apr 9, 2006
    Best game ever!
  2. Maurj
    May 16, 2006
    Very enjoyable, and absolutely beautiful! With slightly more taxing puzzles and a longer lifespan, this would be a 10 - but it's still pretty damn good.
  3. ClarkK.
    Jan 1, 2008
    Might be a bit short, but it has a pretty cool unlock/bonus/collection feature, the levels are fun and interesting, the controls are excellent. In fact, the controls and focus have changed so much that it almost feels like a different genre - puzzle to action - but in any case it's an improvement. In any case, that's how you can describe this game: an improvement. It gets just Might be a bit short, but it has a pretty cool unlock/bonus/collection feature, the levels are fun and interesting, the controls are excellent. In fact, the controls and focus have changed so much that it almost feels like a different genre - puzzle to action - but in any case it's an improvement. In any case, that's how you can describe this game: an improvement. It gets just about everything right, and does it with the next-generation upgrade Tomb Raider has desperately needed. Expand
  4. JasonM.
    Apr 14, 2006
    An amazing experience that you'll never forget. Not since Tomb Raider II has there been the feeling of adventure and fun. Makes me proud of being a Tomb Raider fan all over again.
  5. Jacko
    Apr 15, 2006
    Fantastic story, excellent graphics (especially on the now outdated PS2) and enjoyable fluid gameplay. IMO the best Tomb Raider since the first game, and makes a thorough mockery of Angel of Darkness.
  6. MarkL.
    Apr 8, 2006
    This game is fantastic! A massive improvement on the last one, the last 6 in fact. The new physics engine works great, you can really interact with stuff as if you were actually there. The story is exciting with lots of twists. Love the new mansion, it takes hours just to get all the rewards in there. There's a lot of outfits now, well over 30, all of which can be played in the This game is fantastic! A massive improvement on the last one, the last 6 in fact. The new physics engine works great, you can really interact with stuff as if you were actually there. The story is exciting with lots of twists. Love the new mansion, it takes hours just to get all the rewards in there. There's a lot of outfits now, well over 30, all of which can be played in the mansion. The adventure isnt long but there's lots of reasons to come back, like the many rewards and time trials. There's even a ton of extra content to unlock. This game is an absolute must-have for everyone, an excellent return to form. Expand
  7. BrittS.
    Jun 29, 2006
    I thought it was a wonderful game, but I agree it was a little to short. I like the mansion, its very detailed and more relistic. I think it was the best one yet!
  8. BrigetteW.
    Jul 16, 2006
    i love all the tomb raider its my favorite games.
  9. Mar 18, 2011
    This game is awesome I bought it from Gamestop for $5 and was totally surprised it's great it's kind of like prince of persia mixed with uncharted except you play as a hot chick instead of some dude with a beard.
  10. RRJ
    Jan 29, 2014
    One of the best games on the PS2.

One of the best games on the PS2.

Platforming, exploration, puzzles and straight up fun. Everything I wanted. Sure there's some driving here and there and also some gunplay here and there but to me what really sells the game and what had me smiling the whole way was the puzzles! It's so satisfying figuring out how to get from A to B. People complain that the game was too short but it took me almost 13 hours. Plus after you finish you can go back if you want to unlock more outfits. To me 13 hours isn't short, I'm talking 13 hours without looking up how to solve things. I only had to do that once but I had the solution I just didn't execute it fast enough.

Some have complete the game in like 6 hours. That's crazy. Not sure if they rushed through the game or not but hey getting off track here haha.

I recommend the game for fans of adventure, exploration, puzzles, platforming and all around fun. I played on the easiest setting and it still took me 13 hours. Why? Because you actually had to sit back and think about how to solve some of the games puzzles, its great. There's no rush, no time limit. You just try different things and always keep an eye out for the secrets! Controls are great, the game features a good amount of variety and honestly the story isn't bad either. Very good game.

1. I know that it almost sounds too good to be true, but after wishing and hoping for years, Lara finally kicks ass again. [Apr 2006, p.64]
  2. Legend is a largely tremendous update of the classic Raider template, only let down by the short lifespan and lack of challenge. [Apr 2006, p.80]
    The cliffhanger story is well put together. The action is simple and effective. The controls not only work, they're fun...Best of all, the sense of discovery and adventure is captured with a fresh sensibility.