Tony Hawk's Underground PlayStation 2

8.7

1. JohnD.
    Nov 17, 2007
    Very weak in my oppinion. The story was ok byt at this point Tony Hawk's just had lost "IT." I'd rather but THPS2 again and again.
  2. AdamB.
    Nov 6, 2003
    While a noteworthy single player game, the online matches are much too unreliable, like in Tony Hawk 3. I'm not sure what they changed between THPS4 and THUG, but you can really feel the jitter of poor connections. Also, the face mapping feature is inspired but implemented fairly poorly, with no way of knowing exactly how an uploaded picture will look when downloaded to game. A While a noteworthy single player game, the online matches are much too unreliable, like in Tony Hawk 3. I'm not sure what they changed between THPS4 and THUG, but you can really feel the jitter of poor connections. Also, the face mapping feature is inspired but implemented fairly poorly, with no way of knowing exactly how an uploaded picture will look when downloaded to game. A preview feature would have been nice. Despite these online downsides, it remains a solid, entertaining game. Expand
  3. LividFiction
    Nov 26, 2006
    I had extremely high hopes for THUG prior to its release and my playing it. When I finally did get my hands on it, I felt as if all my hopes had been met, surpassed, and put in a bubble and launched into space. There soon appeared a horrible problem with the game, however: It had zero replay value. The story is a novelty that loses its appeal after the first time through, and the ability I had extremely high hopes for THUG prior to its release and my playing it. When I finally did get my hands on it, I felt as if all my hopes had been met, surpassed, and put in a bubble and launched into space. There soon appeared a horrible problem with the game, however: It had zero replay value. The story is a novelty that loses its appeal after the first time through, and the ability to walk around the levels certainly cannot make up for lost replay value. Expand

#21 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#34 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. While the classic Tony Hawk gameplay is present, and still fantastic after all this time, the new story mode doesn't make as dramatic of a change as it probably could have.
  2. As utterly addictive as any of the earlier titles, you'll gladly pay for the privilege of being left with red-raw thumbs and rigid, claw-like hands.
  3. games(TM)
    Year on year, the main modes in the THPS games have moved further away from traditional over-the-top skating to encompass more and more 'crazy' goals, something we're not entirely sure we approve of. One thing we are sure of, though, is that the core skating engine makes for by far the best extreme sports game of this generation. [Christmas 2003, p.98]