Twisted Metal: Black PlayStation 2

8.4

1. RussellE.
    Feb 5, 2006
    I love this game, I used to have it but even though ive gotten everything I occasionally rent it because its great.
  2. Mar 29, 2011
    The first real horror game I ever really got my hands on. The gameplay and levels take a backseat as the individual stories and personalities of each character shine through in every possible way, from the menus to the cutscenes to the design of each vehicle. Details like the twisting body bag chained up in the back of the Preacher's car and the punishment No Face deals to the one who gaveThe first real horror game I ever really got my hands on. The gameplay and levels take a backseat as the individual stories and personalities of each character shine through in every possible way, from the menus to the cutscenes to the design of each vehicle. Details like the twisting body bag chained up in the back of the Preacher's car and the punishment No Face deals to the one who gave him his namesake stick with me to this day. Expand
  3. Jul 21, 2012
    I love Twisted Metal. Its my favorite Playstation franchise. However, this Twisted Metal is overrated. Its not that the controls are bad, but the car physics are not quite as good as the ps1 Twisted Metals. Not only that but the areas within this game are bland and boring. There are some good points. The cinematic approach is interesting and it has some of the most memorable characters inI love Twisted Metal. Its my favorite Playstation franchise. However, this Twisted Metal is overrated. Its not that the controls are bad, but the car physics are not quite as good as the ps1 Twisted Metals. Not only that but the areas within this game are bland and boring. There are some good points. The cinematic approach is interesting and it has some of the most memorable characters in the series to date but overall its far from being the best that the series has to offer. Theres are better Twisted Metal games, preferably the ps1 classics and the new Twisted Metal 2012. Expand
  4. Sep 26, 2011
    I was excited for this game having played and enjoyed 1-3. I was sorely disappointed as the computer is was too good and this you with everything. I played for an hour and couldn't beat the first level. Everyone moves way too fast you can't target them and the controls are over-sensitive leading you to never be able to follow someone. I ended up getting shot every 5 seconds from every sideI was excited for this game having played and enjoyed 1-3. I was sorely disappointed as the computer is was too good and this you with everything. I played for an hour and couldn't beat the first level. Everyone moves way too fast you can't target them and the controls are over-sensitive leading you to never be able to follow someone. I ended up getting shot every 5 seconds from every side while never being able to get a bead on anyone. I have played and gotten far in all the other one but the new combat in this is terrible and a major bust. Stick with #2, the best of them all. Expand
  5. Dan
    Jun 11, 2002
    Everyone says it's good but with its crappy levels, no really new characters/cars, and short gameplay its only a game for renting not buying.
  6. ChadS.
    Dec 2, 2001
    I really did not like this game because it was much more complicated with it being dark and there were to many symbols for the weapons.
  7. NestorG.
    Jun 9, 2002
    This is the worst game. I don't know how the people play this game. Thanks.
  8. MorganN.
    Nov 8, 2003
    I bought this game thinking it would be really fun but there's absolutley nothing speacial about it, there's few levels and a very small variety of weapons, do not buy or rent this game.
  9. TommyL.
    Mar 19, 2003
    Yea...the game is very well made, great graphics, sound, and awesome cutscenes. But where's the fun? It's so repetitive...i dunno...maybe its just not my kinda game.
  10. GregD.
    Mar 4, 2002
    This is what you look for in a game. Super-fast, violence, and missles and machine guns are all a game needs!
  11. KristianP.
    Jan 7, 2002
    Its a funny game, but I think that it goes to fast. The others simply drive a little to fast. Else it's a cool game.
  12. DrewA.
    Jun 10, 2002
    The visuals alone are incredible, but when added to the stunning gameplay, nicley detailed story, and massive array of weaponry it's everything the second one was and more.
  13. pietadon
    Jul 4, 2003
    this game is a god sent compaired to the other previos games this game is....well i cant compair it for it cant go higher. and a message to thoes who gave it a bad review and thoes reading them, they only say that becuse there perfectionistic litle shits who cant get passed the first level. not to mention they pelvis cancer, once again to thoes with bad reviwes on this godly game ..FUCK YOU!!!!!
  14. AndrewV.
    Oct 10, 2001
    I thought that this was the best car game I have ever played. The stories are the best and SweetTooth kicks major @$$!
  15. RJP
    Jan 4, 2002
    One of the best games I have played for a while. The only problem I have with it is that the boss is a stupid police copter. But still, Sweettooth, nuff' said.
  16. JimmyW.
    Aug 20, 2004
    The most scary, fast, dangerous wild, suicidal and bloodthirsty game i have ever played is cool but gets quite boring but still cool.
  17. MartinC.
    Dec 11, 2001
    WOW... this game ROCKS! A clever blend of intense action wacky characters and massive levels make this game a must have for any PS2 collection!
  18. GirmawiJ.
    Oct 27, 2001
    It has bad A. graphics. Cool levels and every thing. This is a cool game.
  19. PeterC.
    Oct 29, 2001
    This was the second best Twisted Metal ever. The second one was better but that one ruled. But this game is very good.
  20. ShaunJ.
    Jun 21, 2001
    Twisted Metal: Black is a very dark (hence the name) and disturbing game with excellent graphics and great sound. Don't expect to finish in a day, this game is hard! Definitely worth the money.
  21. S.Foley
    Jun 28, 2001
    This game rocks. I love the dark atmosphere and storyline of this game. The graphics are great, and the speed is incredible. The levels are huge with a lot of secrets. Get this one for sure.
  22. BlaineG.
    Oct 5, 2002
    The best of the Twisted series has a wicked awesome cast of characters and has a great set of levels for ultimate gameplay. Also out for internet, so you can play with people across the nation!!10/10!!!!
  23. Dr.No
    Feb 24, 2002
    Car doors torn to pieces...Humans flaming like torches exploding in the air...Innocent pedestrians crushed and impaled to pieces...Heavy metal music...Helicopters and airliners exploding under a hellstorm of machine guns, rocket lauchers and flamethrowers...Psycho child abused killers driving customized vehicles that turn into robots with special weapons....My type and idea of game...A+++
  24. EricO.
    Mar 9, 2002
    I luv all Twisted metals, but this one is the best.
  25. ClintonB.
    May 25, 2002
    This is one game that doesn't give up the gameplay for the graphics.
  26. RyanM.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is a great addition to the twisted metal series. The violence on top of the addictive gameplay makes this game a great multiplayer. The wide choices of characters and the many varied tracks makes this game a definite greatest hits. Twisted Metal Rules!!!!!!!
  27. TwistedMetalfan
    Apr 6, 2003
    Slightly disappointed. The insanely high level of difficulty was enough, but the fact that the series is taking on a whole new dark method is just the worst. Many of the classic Twisted Metal characters have been completly changed (since when was Minion a gas truck? I thought he was a tank) or many completely eliminated. Not only that, but some of the endings were so disturbing that you Slightly disappointed. The insanely high level of difficulty was enough, but the fact that the series is taking on a whole new dark method is just the worst. Many of the classic Twisted Metal characters have been completly changed (since when was Minion a gas truck? I thought he was a tank) or many completely eliminated. Not only that, but some of the endings were so disturbing that you may be near tears. (Espechily Outlaw's ending) What happened to the funny endings of the older games in the series? Why does Calypso look so different now? etc. After Twisted Metal 2, the developers gave the rights to the series to 989 Studios, and, needless to say, they completely screwed up Twisted Metal 3 and 4. Many developers from the first 2 games took over to make this one, and the result is: Better than Twisted Metal 1, 3, and 4, but not better than Twisted Metal 2, which was an amazing game. Expand
  28. TimN.
    Feb 25, 2007
    Very good game, builds and improves on TM2 in every way.
  29. LiamW.
    Jan 19, 2008
    A very strong entry in the TM series, especially after the abysmal 3 and 4. However, there were some major disappointments. Weapons are too weak, ramming other cars is no longer a strategy, everything moves too fast and many classic cars are changed for the worst. Despite this, TMB is a superb game. TM2 is better though.
  30. BarryC.
    Nov 16, 2001
    Awesome game! Recommended for multiplayer as it is much more entertaining when you get to blast a buddy to kingdom come!

#10 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#14 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. Not only the best in the series, but it also manages to be the best car combat game ever created and one of the best PlayStation 2 games currently available.
    The sound is very disturbing in a Nine Inch Nails sort of way—very cool and very brooding, fitting in perfectly with the game.
  3. The difference is that TMB just does it all better. Level design, graphics, weapons, vehicles, players… they’re all pulled off to such a perfect degree that it almost seems like the other games didn’t even exist.