8.5

1. RussellE.
    Feb 5, 2006
    I love this game, I used to have it but even though ive gotten everything I occasionally rent it because its great.
  2. Mar 29, 2011
    The first real horror game I ever really got my hands on. The gameplay and levels take a backseat as the individual stories and personalities of each character shine through in every possible way, from the menus to the cutscenes to the design of each vehicle. Details like the twisting body bag chained up in the back of the Preacher's car and the punishment No Face deals to the one who gaveThe first real horror game I ever really got my hands on. The gameplay and levels take a backseat as the individual stories and personalities of each character shine through in every possible way, from the menus to the cutscenes to the design of each vehicle. Details like the twisting body bag chained up in the back of the Preacher's car and the punishment No Face deals to the one who gave him his namesake stick with me to this day. Expand
  3. GregD.
    Mar 4, 2002
    This is what you look for in a game. Super-fast, violence, and missles and machine guns are all a game needs!
  4. KristianP.
    Jan 7, 2002
    Its a funny game, but I think that it goes to fast. The others simply drive a little to fast. Else it's a cool game.
  5. pietadon
    Jul 4, 2003
    this game is a god sent compaired to the other previos games this game is....well i cant compair it for it cant go higher. and a message to thoes who gave it a bad review and thoes reading them, they only say that becuse there perfectionistic litle shits who cant get passed the first level. not to mention they pelvis cancer, once again to thoes with bad reviwes on this godly game ..FUCK YOU!!!!!
  6. RJP
    Jan 4, 2002
    One of the best games I have played for a while. The only problem I have with it is that the boss is a stupid police copter. But still, Sweettooth, nuff' said.
  7. MartinC.
    Dec 11, 2001
    WOW... this game ROCKS! A clever blend of intense action wacky characters and massive levels make this game a must have for any PS2 collection!
  8. GirmawiJ.
    Oct 27, 2001
    It has bad A. graphics. Cool levels and every thing. This is a cool game.
  9. PeterC.
    Oct 29, 2001
    This was the second best Twisted Metal ever. The second one was better but that one ruled. But this game is very good.
  10. ShaunJ.
    Jun 21, 2001
    Twisted Metal: Black is a very dark (hence the name) and disturbing game with excellent graphics and great sound. Don't expect to finish in a day, this game is hard! Definitely worth the money.
  11. S.Foley
    Jun 28, 2001
    This game rocks. I love the dark atmosphere and storyline of this game. The graphics are great, and the speed is incredible. The levels are huge with a lot of secrets. Get this one for sure.
  12. BlaineG.
    Oct 5, 2002
    The best of the Twisted series has a wicked awesome cast of characters and has a great set of levels for ultimate gameplay. Also out for internet, so you can play with people across the nation!!10/10!!!!
  13. Dr.No
    Feb 24, 2002
    Car doors torn to pieces...Humans flaming like torches exploding in the air...Innocent pedestrians crushed and impaled to pieces...Heavy metal music...Helicopters and airliners exploding under a hellstorm of machine guns, rocket lauchers and flamethrowers...Psycho child abused killers driving customized vehicles that turn into robots with special weapons....My type and idea of game...A+++
  14. ClintonB.
    May 25, 2002
    This is one game that doesn't give up the gameplay for the graphics.
  15. RyanM.
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is a great addition to the twisted metal series. The violence on top of the addictive gameplay makes this game a great multiplayer. The wide choices of characters and the many varied tracks makes this game a definite greatest hits. Twisted Metal Rules!!!!!!!
  16. TimN.
    Feb 25, 2007
    Very good game, builds and improves on TM2 in every way.
  17. LiamW.
    Jan 19, 2008
    A very strong entry in the TM series, especially after the abysmal 3 and 4. However, there were some major disappointments. Weapons are too weak, ramming other cars is no longer a strategy, everything moves too fast and many classic cars are changed for the worst. Despite this, TMB is a superb game. TM2 is better though.
  18. BarryC.
    Nov 16, 2001
    Awesome game! Recommended for multiplayer as it is much more entertaining when you get to blast a buddy to kingdom come!
  19. ChuckD.
    Nov 16, 2001
    It's bomb.
  20. MikeN.
    Nov 23, 2001
    Even after many months, and many new game releases, I still find myself truly enjoying TMB. Definitely continues the legacy of TM1 and TM2, which was sorely missing in 3-4.
  21. TommyC.
    Nov 27, 2001
    Yes baby best game on ps2.
  22. ChrisX.
    Oct 29, 2001
    I think this game is cool. With all the carnage and blood and pedestrian traffic being blown up and people of fire and all of the explosives and car crashes. This is the best game I ever played.
  23. StewartA.
    Oct 16, 2002
    This is the best graphiced game!!!! And the best game to play!!!!
  24. ChrisW.
    Jun 26, 2002
    Excellent! Sweet Tooth is the ultimate bad guy! This game has excellent graphics, amazing gameplay, and it keeps you coming back for more. Seconds anyone?
  25. JoelR.
    Apr 17, 2004
    WOW Best Driver Shooter Game I'v Played. Really Interesting stories, good graphics, levels, and charactors.
  26. Jojo
    Nov 11, 2001
    All those who say that TMBlack is bad have no taste in game in fact their mere presance in the gaming community sickens me.
  27. BradenB.
    Dec 16, 2001
    I truly love this game. Incog. really saved the Twisted Metal series from 989 (they couldn't make a worse game if they tried). I love the stories and driver profiles(especially sweet tooths) and the specials rock! The graphics are excellent. I wish they would have kept some of the old drivers from 1 and 2 though.
  28. KyleK.
    Nov 23, 2003
    Heaps of fun in multiplayer. Really fun is all i can say.
  29. AnatoliI.
    Nov 24, 2005
    Just the best Twisted Metal Ever !!!
  30. Jul 21, 2011
    Its so fun- but its so damn hard. This game is immensely difficult. Maybe its the control scheme or maybe its just my inability to carry on against un-winnable boss fights. The levels are easy and even if you're not very good with the characters that apparently built their vehicles out of tissue paper, its still not impossible... but then you get to the first boss. Its of course aroundIts so fun- but its so damn hard. This game is immensely difficult. Maybe its the control scheme or maybe its just my inability to carry on against un-winnable boss fights. The levels are easy and even if you're not very good with the characters that apparently built their vehicles out of tissue paper, its still not impossible... but then you get to the first boss. Its of course around the second that you start to wonder why you can't seem to progress through the game very easily. These boss fights are ridiculous and unless its magically easier with 2 players instead of one- I'm still guessing they would be a bit frustrating. Also the control scheme is garbage if you're not used to it. In fact I blame a lot the inherent difficulty in just maneuvering you're vehicle on the control scheme. Its un-suited for a car combat game and I've been playing these since the original playstation. Yet, the music rocks, the characters are awesome, the cars are great, the weapons are great, the levels are varied, and it just does what it does so well. Its hart to hate what you love, but even Twisted Metal has its shortcomings. They just don't kill the games appeal though. Expand

#13 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#17 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. Not only the best in the series, but it also manages to be the best car combat game ever created and one of the best PlayStation 2 games currently available.
    The sound is very disturbing in a Nine Inch Nails sort of way—very cool and very brooding, fitting in perfectly with the game.
  3. The difference is that TMB just does it all better. Level design, graphics, weapons, vehicles, players… they’re all pulled off to such a perfect degree that it almost seems like the other games didn’t even exist.