7.9

1. Wongit
    Oct 5, 2005
    The same great gameplay as spiderman 2. if you loved that game you will surely love this one. i like the graphics more on this one because it really looks like your playing through a comic book which is very impressive. My onlly gripe...which might be because im not that far is that you cant do web rodeo on people or grab them and throw them off buildings like you did in spiderman 2, thatsThe same great gameplay as spiderman 2. if you loved that game you will surely love this one. i like the graphics more on this one because it really looks like your playing through a comic book which is very impressive. My onlly gripe...which might be because im not that far is that you cant do web rodeo on people or grab them and throw them off buildings like you did in spiderman 2, thats the only thing thats lacking from this one. Expand
  2. RyanZ.
    Sep 27, 2005
    Cool game. Looks great and is fun to play!
  3. MaganY.
    Jan 6, 2006
    Faster, Cooler, Deeper and flowing with Venom It's official: the best Spider-Man game ever.
  4. DavidF.
    Sep 16, 2005
    Tight!
  5. TomB.
    Sep 23, 2005
    Awesome game. The comic book look is SWEET and the boss battles rock!
  6. BrandonG.
    Sep 28, 2005
    Same engine as Spiderman 2 with alot of the same style missions , and this is why the game is great .
  7. NickT.
    Oct 14, 2007
    Great game! the graphics are what really got me! they're based on the art work from the comics (ultimate spider-man writen by Brian Michael Bendis, illustrated by Mark Bagley) if you even remotely liked this game (or didn't) check out the comics! if you had to choose between the game or the comics, choose the comics.
  8. Mar 7, 2011
    While it doesn't do anything new as it borrows the open world theme of Spider-Man 2, it is still a huge blast to play, the graphical style will remind you of a comic book, there are tons of bosses to fight, and they corrected a mistake from Spider-Man 2 by giving the ability for crimes to go on around you instead of you having to trigger them by talking to a citizen, and the fact that youWhile it doesn't do anything new as it borrows the open world theme of Spider-Man 2, it is still a huge blast to play, the graphical style will remind you of a comic book, there are tons of bosses to fight, and they corrected a mistake from Spider-Man 2 by giving the ability for crimes to go on around you instead of you having to trigger them by talking to a citizen, and the fact that you play as Spider-Man and Venom during the main missions is cool, my only complaints are that the voice acting isn't all that great, and the Venom survival mode is boring, those flaws aside if you liked Spider-Man 2 you'll love this. Expand
  9. May 7, 2011
    Arguably one of the best superhero games to hit the PS2 -- alongside Spider-Man 2. Pros: Fantastic visuals, control, and audio; excellent story that perfectly follows along the comic book series; spectacular cutscenes; funny dialog. Cons: Lacks a lot of the variety in Spider-Man 2; some missions involve lots of web-slinging, which will feel tedious at some point.
  10. Apr 18, 2012
    Great game. In my opinion this game is superior to Spider-Man 2 in terms of extra content. There are plenty of comic covers, costumes, landmark tokens, secrets tokens, races. and more to complete. The amount of content is large enough to keep you playing for a long time.
  11. 4DI
    Nov 24, 2012
    Best spiderman game ever! I wish they kept the pizza delivery missions though.
  12. Jun 24, 2017
    This game is amazing, and was easily one of my favorite games from my childhood. The novel style graphics are fantastic and make you feel as though you are playing a comic book, which is awesome for me. I have also played Web of Shadows and Shattered Dimensions (Which are also amazing), but this game has a special place in my heart.
  13. Jun 18, 2016
    I really like the game. The webswinging is done right, just like Spider-man 2. Combat is fun, and the graphics are good to look at. I will recommend this to any Spider-man fan.
  14. Jan 16, 2015
    Ultimate Spider-Man รจ uno dei migliori videogiochi di Spdier-Man e sicuramente uno dei milgiori videogiochi a cui io abbia mai giocato.Molto divertente e con unta trama fantastica.
  15. Jun 29, 2016
    Clearly influenced by Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man was a surprisingly good game that was different in many ways as it was similar. Positives include the story mode which was incredibly humorous and engaging. The graphics in this game was indulgent and great with the comic book theme scattered across various cut-scenes and the environment. Playing as Venom was also incredibly fun,Clearly influenced by Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man was a surprisingly good game that was different in many ways as it was similar. Positives include the story mode which was incredibly humorous and engaging. The graphics in this game was indulgent and great with the comic book theme scattered across various cut-scenes and the environment. Playing as Venom was also incredibly fun, allowing me to relish and explore his enormous power with the hero-villain switch missions, as well as unlocking him once the game has been beaten. However, the game didn't quite hit the nail on the head as it did with Spider-Man 2 with limited combat controls and fairly poor web-swinging mechanics. The whole game was also pretty challenging but I'm not sure I can critique it too much on that front.

That being said though, the game was pretty good and worthy of playing again in the nearby future.

#40 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#20 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

A vibrant, eye-popping superhero disc that has more style, wit and compelling gameplay in its first 10 minutes than most games have in their entirety.
    From a comics geek standpoint, outside of gameplay issues, this is the Holy Grail of comic-book videogames. While "X-Men Legends," "Hulk" and "The Punisher" are all fine games in their own right, none of them are so perfectly tuned into the source material. The slick style is brilliant, the story mode a complete (albeit brief) joy.
    The biggest drawback of this game is the inclusion of Venom as a playable character. He draaaags. He can't web swing (but he can cover vast distances with his leaps), he relies on brute strength rather than finesse, and you must also devour people in order to keep the suit from killing the man inside.