3.1

1. AcaciaTwentyTwo
    Mar 5, 2004
    Extremely underated. This is the closest that I've come to finding a CRPG that relates to Pen N Paper origins. As the title suggests, the game is unlimited, and finally introduces to console gamers an aspect that has been lacking in 90% of the RPG's out there; FREEDOM, this teamed with numerous of manners in which to act with your surroundings, makes for an extremely deep Extremely underated. This is the closest that I've come to finding a CRPG that relates to Pen N Paper origins. As the title suggests, the game is unlimited, and finally introduces to console gamers an aspect that has been lacking in 90% of the RPG's out there; FREEDOM, this teamed with numerous of manners in which to act with your surroundings, makes for an extremely deep experience for those who want more thought, challenge, and joy of self discovery, as opposed to those who prefer brain candy. No pointless converations with midgets with big heads about peanut butter and kitty cats, no need to search through peoples homes for that one herb hidden in a dresser. U-Saga cuts out the crap. I give this one point less of a 10 for lack of documentation. Admitedly, there's a good amount of self rewarding fun in learning how to understand and play this title, but I still feel that there should've been more resources for those who cared to know more. The manual is small, and the game did not win enough support for a strategy guide to be realsed. Fortunately with sites like GameFAQs, the few of us that actually do find the value in the game have been able to share advice. U-Saga serves as a morale Western society; The more effort you put into something, the more reward you'll get back. U-Saga also serves as a diamond in the rough that challenges intillect; for the rest, I give you Enter the Matrix, and football. Expand
  2. MarceloC.
    Oct 22, 2003
    Unlimited saga sure is a very odd game but for sure is game that gets elements from other games and plays totally fresh, one of the most well balanced games i played so far.
  3. AneilT.
    Jul 22, 2003
    AMAZING

1. New skills are simply triggered randomly during battles, resulting in the confusing hit and miss levelling up that so infuriates attention deficient westerners... Indeed, the manner of the execution makes for tough gaming but, paradoxically, it's the exclusivity of the gameplay that will attract a few. [Nov 2003, p.108]
  2. I could do without fancy-schmancy visuals and professional voice-acting, all I require in my RPG is good solid gameplay and satisfying plot progression. Neither of which are present in this game.
  3. While I applaud the developers for shedding the trappings of contemporary role-playing games that opt for style over substance, that does not excuse the fact that the actual gameplay is many times awkward and cumbersome.