Van Helsing PlayStation 2

8.5

1. aaazzz
    May 15, 2004
    It was one of the best games ever!!! Just wish U could move the camera!
  2. ChrisW.
    May 13, 2004
    I beat this game in just a little over 5 hours. It's way too short. But Let me say this: this game has THE WORST CAMERA ANGLES of any game in the world. These camera angles cannot be forgiven. It ruined an already half-way amazing experience and ruined it. Plus, its just too short.
  3. JonV.
    May 14, 2004
    This game is amazing the angles the fact you can go from world to world hunting creatures doing quests and having lots of fun me and my friends got hooked to this game and have played it multiple times. If you liked the movie this is a must get game because it is better then the movie.
  4. GaryB.
    May 16, 2004
    In response to what others have said, just to set anyone straight who wants to play this, the camera angles are pretty bearable. You'll forget about the camera after about 5 minutes. You can't really say the weapon upgrade system is moronic, because there really isn't one in it, and if you say that you sound like a big geek. Targeting is fine, the graphics are decent, In response to what others have said, just to set anyone straight who wants to play this, the camera angles are pretty bearable. You'll forget about the camera after about 5 minutes. You can't really say the weapon upgrade system is moronic, because there really isn't one in it, and if you say that you sound like a big geek. Targeting is fine, the graphics are decent, although they do get a little worse towards the end, and the game is short but it gives you a bit of incentive to play it again. Once you beat the game once, which takes about 5 hours, you can start a new game with all your weapons. It's fun to go around killing the weaker enemies in the beginning with your gatling gun or blades. So basically, what I'm saying is that Mart R. is a whiney geek, and if you like Devil May Cry, rent this game, have some fun, and then come on here and write your own review. Expand
  5. MartR.
    May 7, 2004
    Another half-hearted movie tie-in. Featuring ugly graphics and annoying slow-down whenever a battle takes place. The weapon upgrade system is moronic, targeting is rubbish and the combo system is beyond human comprehension. Rent, do not buy.
  6. Dwayne
    May 7, 2004
    Awesome Devil may Cry like game!
  7. JoshuaH.
    Nov 2, 2005
    Not God of War or Devil May Cry, but still a good, solid, fun experience. Had a hard time adjusting to the fixed camera. Should have been able to move/control it. :-( Appreciate that it didn't take me 20-30 hours like all my other action/platformers do.(I don't have the time) And like Hulk, the game is way more enjoyable than the movie.
  8. CarnegC.
    Jun 11, 2006
    This is a relly cool game but the camera angles are hard to get used to, but is a kick but game, and even some tims a littl scarey. but is an awsome. If you lick shoot them up, chop them up vido games this is the game for you.
  9. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    May 29, 2004
    It is a wonderful game just like Devil May Cry yet that is the problem it is Devil May Cry just about I mean Van Helsing even runs like Dante! And like Devil May Cry sometimes the puzzles that show up here and there are either really hard or they are actually so simple but either you're looking to hard or the fixed camera prevents you from seeing the thing that is the key to help you It is a wonderful game just like Devil May Cry yet that is the problem it is Devil May Cry just about I mean Van Helsing even runs like Dante! And like Devil May Cry sometimes the puzzles that show up here and there are either really hard or they are actually so simple but either you're looking to hard or the fixed camera prevents you from seeing the thing that is the key to help you solve the litttle brain-teaser! Othewise it is a good game and Metacritics don't forget to add Electronic Gaming Monthly's score 7.0,6.5,6.0! [Ed: thanks! Just posted this afternoon] Expand
  10. AndrewC.
    Jan 19, 2005
    Exciting game and even a bit scary.

#87 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004

1. By no means an essential purchase, Van Helsing is decidedly better than the average. If you’re into cool moves and lots of action, you’re going to enjoy this. We’d stake our reputations on it.
    It's not the most original or innovative of games, but when was the last time you got to face off against Dracula, the Wolfman, and the Frankenstein monster in the same sitting?
  3. It’s a shame the experience is over just about the time you are warmed up, and the fixed-position camera might work for movies but doesn’t translate well into gameplay, especially in a 3D world.