World Heroes Anthology PlayStation 2

tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 2 more ratings

1. LFabin
    Apr 4, 2008
    Come on now, to all of us retro gamers who used to play this in the arcade, show it some love. Okay, they suck by today's standards, but us nostalgic fools will buy anything for that short fleeting feeling. Paying $15 on Amazon for a fresh copy of this is surely comparable to buying $15 of alcohol at a bar!
  2. Damien
    Mar 21, 2008
    Unfortunately editors are seeing this as a game that should keep up with today's graphical standards, and are forgetting the game has a huge cult following and I cannot tell you just how much I played this game as a kid eventhough it was deemed a SFII clone. I still get a kick out of playing any WH title! If you are a fan of fighters you really can't go wrong with World HeroesUnfortunately editors are seeing this as a game that should keep up with today's graphical standards, and are forgetting the game has a huge cult following and I cannot tell you just how much I played this game as a kid eventhough it was deemed a SFII clone. I still get a kick out of playing any WH title! If you are a fan of fighters you really can't go wrong with World Heroes Anthology...especially for the price! Expand

#35 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2008

I was pleased that there was a new Training Mode included in regards to all four titles, but that's about it. I'm not personally fond of the franchise as a whole and find it to be stiff and unrewarding.
    Those who enjoyed World Heroes in the arcades, all twenty of you, will adore this collection from SNK. The conversions are as close as you'll get without owning a Neo Geo and several hundred dollars worth of cartridges. Yet the titles here are far from classics, especially considering SNK's extensive library of 2D fighting games.
  3. There is a major issue when it comes to the speed and responsiveness, and it's so bare-bones that unless you're completely enamored with each game, you'll be bored very quickly.