8.9

1. Aug 28, 2010
    Wow,lets get right to it and I have to tell you that it's August 2010 and I have yet to find a wrestling game or fighting game as good as this game.I have wwe smackdown vs. raw 2010 and that game is amazing but this game's game play is mind blowing.Especially for how old this game is.The lack of commentary is the only reason I'm knocking off a 1/2 of a point,even though the commentary in all the wrestling games is terrible and the games weakest point,but to this day I play it and love it the best of all my wresling games,I give it a 9.5 Expand
  2. Jun 19, 2013
    Without a doubt my favorite WWE game and i played a lot of WWE games across the ps2, ps3 and the psp. This had a big variety of characters a decent creator mode and a big variety of matches, we had even more possibilities of matches in this game than the latest ones (Fight in the back stages, in the car park, etc). I spent long hours playing this game with friends and my sister, this was my second favorite ps2 game (first was GTA: SA). I laughed a lot with this game and will never forget it, and i still play it and enjoy it. Expand
  3. Jan 9, 2013
    CLASSIC i didnt get this game when i was young so i always saw videos and heard it was the best i thought it might not be ture bcuz i was obsesses with the first sd vs raw but this game is AMAZING great backstage areas, TIMES SQUARE and very addictve gameplay and a great roster overall this is the best wwe game ever!
  4. Nov 13, 2013
    KYR was fun, JBI was good, SYM was great, but HCTP was and always will be the Greatest Smackdown! Game of all time. Everything was awesome in this game.
  5. Feb 15, 2014
    This game is the best wwe game.The game play 100%.The sound 100%.The music in the background is the best and way better than commentary.The sound is 100%.The only one thing bad about it and most users would have said it.There was no Jeff Hardy or Hulk Hogan.Most of the character overalls were not that good.The season mode was the best thing about it.The season mode was about 1 year long and it was fun.You could make your own character and move-set.You could even play season mode with your character.The music made in this game was the best.Commentary is useless.In every wwe game they should make music.I really hope they make another game like this.
    Thanks
    Owaisqadri100
  6. Mar 24, 2014
    Still the best wrestling game ever created. The character creator & character customization modes are chock-full of content. There are so many battle modes to choose from, and the controls are impeccable, it blows my mind.
  7. Mar 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. still the best wwe game ever would like this to be recreated for latest consoles with moderrn graphics same here comes the pain roster with latest added members 2014 and same fast gameplay with latest updated moves for analog controls voice and commentary and entrance all updated wold be a dream game if that happens hope all agree and like it Expand
  8. Sep 4, 2014
    Probably the best wrestling game ever.Hell, it aged so damn well. Great roster, exciting gameplay. Really an epic and also a revolutionary game at that time. There hasn't been any wrestling game since "Here Comes The Pain" that was better and more fun than that. A difficult wrestling game to top.

One of the best wrestling games we've ever played...With its ultra-improved gameplay mechanics, enhanced visual engine, smarter career mode, and established create-a-character feature, Yukes and THQ are definitely the track to success.
    How about a Bra & Panties mode where WWE Divas rip off each other’s clothes? It’s the raunchiest Teen-rated action you’ll find anywhere.
  3. An absolutely awesome wrestling experience...Thanks to features like improved graphics, more match types, and an overhauled grappling system, it's definitely the most realistic and rewarding WWE game on the market. [Dec 2003, p.56]